Author Topic: Yonkers positive, but wait we made a mistake, it's really negative.  (Read 4389 times)

jonboy

Looking over program at Yonkers for tomorrow night.  Seeing a scratch in Matchmaker consolation, I called a buddy who knows people
at Yonkers.  Seems first test came back showed Safe From Terror with a positive (something used for horsing).  Turns out the bloodwork came back negative on Wed.  Connections weren't notified of negative.   After learning of negative on Thurs., judges were questioned as to why mare couldn't race.  They were told that negative came back past scratch day, which was Tues. and that there was an AE horse.   Not owning a horse, I get when you get a positive you can't race, but when a track runs two tests getting two results and still won't let you race, something isn't adding up.  If I were owner and trainer, I'd be pissed.                    Something smells like horseshit and I'm calling bull shit. 

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
Re: Yonkers positive, but wait we made a mistake, it's really negative.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 12:58:30 PM »
Looking over program at Yonkers for tomorrow night.  Seeing a scratch in Matchmaker consolation, I called a buddy who knows people
at Yonkers.  Seems first test came back showed Safe From Terror with a positive (something used for horsing).  Turns out the bloodwork came back negative on Wed.  Connections weren't notified of negative.   After learning of negative on Thurs., judges were questioned as to why mare couldn't race.  They were told that negative came back past scratch day, which was Tues. and that there was an AE horse.   Not owning a horse, I get when you get a positive you can't race, but when a track runs two tests getting two results and still won't let you race, something isn't adding up.  If I were owner and trainer, I'd be pissed.                    Something smells like horseshit and I'm calling bull shit. 

the owners should switch trainers immediatly

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 01:11:26 PM »

On your first post, you are not supposed to wail like a girl being gang-raped by a tribe of barbarians.

You should have read the terms of service before posting.

jonboy

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 01:14:41 PM »
That's what I said at first.  But if it wasn't truly a negative and Yonkers screwed up test, then not trainers fault.  I assume it was piss test at first since blood result came back negative. Dirty piss can?

jonboy

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 01:24:29 PM »
No wailing, or even whining, here, Calhoun.  Just trying to figure it out.  It seems you have horses testing for positives, but when a track fucks up the testing and it is really negative, not a damn thing can be done about it.  Why are the getting two different results?  Contamination, not doing test correctly, did they have it in for horse?  As someone who spends a lot of money at the windows, just wondering how much of this goes on?

Double lasix

• 4 claimer
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 06:47:17 PM »
This is from the new trainer and is very happy on getting her back  so here it goes,
  Monday or Tuesday Harmon was notified that his horse safe from terror had a positive for progesterone and the horse from what i was told has to test clean before it could race again in New York so the horse would has to be scratched for the matchmaker con. So Thursday he was supposed to have a hearing be for the races he was notified that there would be no positive test doesn’t have to come in for the hearing ,again second hand info,from what is being said that the testing slip was not marked for a mare and was marked for a gelding and came back high for progesturone upon further review they saw the mistake and reversed the ruling sucks for the owners and Harmon but good for friend
P.S. Pigland your a dick know your facts before running your mouth. 11.wp

augustaandy

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 07:41:33 PM »
here's the story I got at Yonkers and it was from a source that has never steered me wrong

did anyone ever see a filly or mare get a positive for progesterone?

I would wager NO

https://www.drugs.com/progesterone.html

What is progesterone?

Progesterone is a female hormone important for the regulation of ovulation and menstruation.

Progesterone is used to cause menstrual periods in women who have not yet reached menopause but are not having periods due to a lack of progesterone in the body. It is also used to prevent overgrowth in the lining of the uterus in postmenopausal women who are receiving estrogen hormone replacement therapy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

someone thought the horse was a gelding, not a mare, and that's why there's no positive, no suspension, and really no story except someone mis-read the status of the horse, gelding instead of mare

some people make a big deal over a minor mistake but sometimes errors by others become much bigger issues than they should be

there's no story here except the trainer and owner missed out on an opportunity for a rich consolation 

augustaandy

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2018, 10:40:21 PM »
They didn't miss out,they got Robbed!

I feel bad for Rob, simple error caused him to miss a good post for a nice purse

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Kirby's Ace: Why? Your already here!
    Today at 12:20:48 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Admin Bring back XYZ.
    March 28, 2024, 10:02:39 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes XYZ you are missed
    March 28, 2024, 09:56:46 PM
  • Mazola: Hey XYZ, miss you buddy!
    March 28, 2024, 08:18:55 PM
  • FirstUpFrom8Hole: Do Piff Daddy know Antiqua has an extradition treaty wif the US of A?
    March 28, 2024, 06:39:42 PM
  • Calhoun: Some White Boy Diddy gave a ride to got popped for Coke and Edibles.
    March 28, 2024, 03:24:42 PM
  • Papillon: TMZ tracked Puff Daddy in Antigua, the West Indies. I don't think he is coming back.
    March 28, 2024, 12:49:49 PM
  • The Thorn: Alligning oneself with the Puff Diddler is probably not a politically correct move at this point
    March 28, 2024, 12:36:34 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal