Author Topic: Sorry GURU  (Read 10299 times)

Brett Oil Can Boyd

• Open / FFA
Re: Sorry GURU
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2020, 05:27:49 AM »
TODAY, THAT EGO MANIAC ELITIST HARNESS TRAINER PIECE OF SHIT ATTACKS PLOP MEMBER OREOGATOR, MARTY ADLER. 
GURFIN BASICALLY SAYS FUCK YOU TO THE '5000 CLAIMER CLASS OF HARNESS RACING PARTICIPANTS BECAUSE THE MILLION DOLLAR YEARLING TYPES, LIKE HIM ARE WAY MORE IMPORTANT

I HOPE MARTY USES HORSEPLOP TO TAKE THIS WAR TO THE NEXT LEVEL... MAKE GURSLIME, LOWER HIS STANDARDS AND SHOW RESPECT TO THE REAL INDUTRY, NOT JUST THE NOSE STUCK IN THE CLOUDS GROUP OF EGO MANIACS HE HANGS OUT WITH... HEY GURRSLIME... THEY TALK ABOUT YOU BEHIND YOUR BACK, THEY KNOW YOU ARE SO FULL OF SHIT YOUR BREATH DRAWS FLIES

HE OWES MARTY AN APOLOGY, IN WRITING

GIVE ME A FIELD FULL OF 5 CLAIMER MARTY ADLER TYPES ANY DAY OF THE YEAR, BEFORE I WOULD WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH THAT ARROGANT HOT AIR BALLOON OF GRRSLIME, GO STAND ON YOUR DECK AND PASS GAS

WE NEED TO TAKE AN ANTIFAS ACTION COURSE TO RID THIS INDUSTRY OF ASS HOLES LIKE GRRFEIN.  THEY ARE RUINING THE SPORT

helpplease

• Open / FFA
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2020, 05:18:09 PM »
HRU might want to sit down with the Gasbag and explain to him that HRU income is based on the number of subscribers which allow them to increase ad prices. The last time I checked, there are MANY more 5k claiming owner and trainers than 1 million dollar owner and trainers. Like I have written in the past, this guy is exactly why Harness Racing is swirling in the toilet.

Not sure I agree with the above. HRU exists because some very wealthy horse owners keep it alive & of course both HRU & the Guru know where their bread is buttered imo.

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2020, 05:28:16 PM »
Not sure I agree with the above. HRU exists because some very wealthy horse owners keep it alive & of course both HRU & the Guru know where their bread is buttered imo.

It's true...don't most of us get HRU free in emails? Don't cost a thing.... ngc3

helpplease

• Open / FFA
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2020, 08:42:53 PM »
You couldn't be more wrong. HRU charges money for ads. Pricing is based on clicks and subscriptions. That is what keeps HRU alive.

Not disagreeing with you that HRU is paid for ads but disagree that paid ads is what is keeping HRU alive. Imo without the backing of wealthy owners, HRU does not survive, ads or no ads so I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 08:45:59 PM by helpplease »

seen2much

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2020, 11:39:24 PM »
You couldn't be more wrong. HRU charges money for ads. Pricing is based on clicks and subscriptions. That is what keeps HRU alive.

They are paying suck Ron Gurfein? Impossible to believe that Murray Brown gets paid. Could they be writing to soothe their massive egos?

seen2much

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2020, 12:20:22 AM »
It should have said suck up Ron Gurfein.

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2020, 07:05:25 AM »
Who cares where he eats or the books the name dropper reads ??  I’d like for him to go back and tell where the fablous training colts of 2019 are and what they did. Not just the bell ringers ... 

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2020, 09:17:42 AM »
Fat for Brains, You get HRU for free because they charge for all the ads in the publication. The price of the ads fluctuates based on number of clicks and subscriptions. Do you think gasbag and the other "writers" are writing for free? You're dim.

IM NOT PAYING ANYTHING
ARE YOU?

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2020, 09:59:17 AM »
I enjoy every issue of HRU. The first edition was not a money maker. Yes, they charged advertisers but, it had a very poor subscriber base and could not keep afloat. Mr. Finley did an admirable job but, it never came close to the magazine his wife publishes, TDN, The Thoroughbred News. The harness market is just way to small.
 The people who revived it also do a great job. But, as for being a viable business with paid employees, I can't see that. If anything, the harness market has contracted even more since Mr. Finley's day.

Carnival People

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2020, 02:44:09 PM »
I enjoy every issue of HRU. The first edition was not a money maker. Yes, they charged advertisers but, it had a very poor subscriber base and could not keep afloat. Mr. Finley did an admirable job but, it never came close to the magazine his wife publishes, TDN, The Thoroughbred News. The harness market is just way to small.
 The people who revived it also do a great job. But, as for being a viable business with paid employees, I can't see that. If anything, the harness market has contracted even more since Mr. Finley's day.

.  HRU is free so it is already better than hoof beat or the other one Horse and Fair .  They make money off the advertisements.  It serves a purpose and once in a while there are some interesting stories.   

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2020, 03:39:06 PM »
It is free because few people will pay for it. As for " making money from advertising "... I would bet the gross revenue would not cover The Guru's bar tab.

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2020, 04:25:17 PM »
I think the reality is there is not much interest. The small guy doesn't want to listen to a braggart because it was guys like Gurfein that made the small guy get out. And furthermore  many know he wasn't squeaky clean as he lets on to be. Maybe he is just all HRU can get to fill space.

He beats a blank page they figure.

the master

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2020, 12:19:28 PM »
Have known the guru since he toddled around Monticello in his little Benz convertible while we were trying to get our little piece!  Never much of a worker, built his success around his promotional talents!  His opinions on shoeing and matters of horsemanship are rarely of much value as although he would feel differently, he certainly was never a hands on trainer!  He was fortunate to have aligned himself with some good people along the way who always seemed to insure the fact that he had good material to work with!  The tone of his column is pompous and occasionally arrogant lacking the humility you would hope for considering he is afforded a guaranteed outlet for his musings! Incidentally, I don't know this to be a fact, but rumor has it that he bought his way into the hall of fame for a mere $15,000.

ferdinand the bull

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2020, 05:51:52 PM »
Gurfeim and Peck should do a few columns together

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: Diddy say All's Good.  I'm happy this brother set free
    March 27, 2024, 11:57:59 AM
  • Unclejerry: Dr, Poopenstein was really P.Diddy
    March 27, 2024, 10:08:00 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: P. Diddle aint coming back here EVER!
    March 27, 2024, 07:54:44 AM
  • Calhoun: Damn.. P Diddy on the run .. That young puzzy be costing him.
    March 26, 2024, 08:08:38 AM
  • Calhoun: Closing Day .. Red Mile Quarter Horse
    March 26, 2024, 08:07:25 AM
  • Mazola: ngc3
    March 25, 2024, 10:00:52 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: thet're sisters
    March 25, 2024, 09:04:44 PM
  • Mazola: I heard that he is somehow related to Blutarsky but I can't believe that.
    March 25, 2024, 07:31:04 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal