August 23, 2017, 09:10:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Directory Forum Help Calendar Login Register  
EDIT COLOR STYLE
collapse
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Keeneland Increases Takeout To State Maximums For 2017 Fall Meeting  (Read 308 times)
American Sniper
Jr. Open

« on: August 09, 2017, 07:36:53 AM »

Keeneland Increases Takeout To State Maximums For 2017 Fall Meeting
SPONSORED BY:
by Paulick Report Staff | 08.08.2017 | 3:47pm

2017 Keeneland Spring Meet
Keeneland Racecourse has informed the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission that it plans to increase takeout to the maximum allowed under state law during its 2017 fall meeting, reports drf.com. Officials confirmed that takeout on win, place and show wagers will move from 16 percent to 17.5 percent, and it will increase from 19 percent to 22 percent on most other wagers. The Pick 5 takeout will be decreased, however, from 19 percent down to 15 percent for the October meet.

“I hope the wagering public understands that this is going to our purses to keep us competitive, it's not going into our pockets,” said Bob Elliston, vice president of racing and sales. “You have to look at it comparatively. We're going to be on par with New York, with Oaklawn, and we think we will continue to offer bettors a good product, if you look at depth of field and the quality of the fields.”

Racecourses in Kentucky are allowed to increase takeout to the maximum percentages when daily on-track handle averages lower than $1.2 million, which has been the case at Keeneland for several years. Churchill Downs boosted its rates to the same thresholds in 2014, and records indicate that despite horseplayer backlash handle has continued to increase slightly over the past several years, from $501.3 million in 2014 to $511.8 million in 2015 and $516.9 million last year.

The Horseplayers Association of North America released a statement on Tuesday regarding the takeout increases: HANA is extremely disappointed with the new Keeneland management's decision and will have further announcements after talking with our members.

“I was part of a group from HANA that spent a week visiting Keeneland back in April 2009,” recalled HANA President Jeff Platt.  “On the day we left (outgoing Keeneland president) Nick Nicholson presented our group with a Keeneland poster which he signed. Above his signature are the words, ‘Horseplayers will always be welcome at Keeneland.'  Right now I'm not sure if that's true anymore.”

Read more at drf.com, and find the entire HANA statement here.

New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2017 Paulick Report.
kentuckywars
Elite

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 10:03:20 AM »

People cried about Churchill sticking it to the bettors in 2014 but they continued to send it in. If the bettors for just one week told Keeneland to fuck off and completely abandoned betting the place they would be heard loud and clear. But degenerates seemingly will bet no matter what the takeout so the crying goes on deaf ears.
humphrey
Elite

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 10:51:35 AM »

and these people want us to wager MORE? going about it the wrong way.

Ace Bonner: "If this world is all about winners, what's for the loser's?" Jr Bonner: "Well someone's got to hold the horses Ace."
Calhoun
Elite

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 03:11:24 PM »

They also raised the host fees charged to ADWs by 0.75%.  Is that going towards purses only as well?

Rfan31
Stakes Horse

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 10:04:28 PM »

Fuck the horseman and their purses. The customers to a facility are your gamblers. Keeneland just gave a big f*** you to their customers to take care of the welfare recipients in the horse racing industry. If you can't make it in the industry find another job or hobby and quit crying. You the horseman have destroyed the sport that has taken care of you.

80% of gamblers don't care what the purses are or the quality of horses. They came their to have fun.
Jctoronto
NW-2/3

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 11:01:55 AM »

Fall meet fu = dont play keeneland.   Momentarily sad, but thats it...im sure thered enough fall turf, etc to keep me intetested......
Rfan31
Stakes Horse

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 05:50:03 PM »

Without Kentucky Football in the Fall Keeneland wouldnt do shit.... I live down the road from Keeneland. 70% of their customer base in the fall is Kentucky Football fans who come and get drunk and gamble before the games then head across the road to the game. Again their customer base in the fall doesn't care about purses they came their to buy time before the game and have fun...

Me and the base I go to Keeneland with will not walk into their doors nomore.
Calhoun
Elite

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 05:15:55 PM »

70% of their customer base in the fall is Kentucky Football fans who come and get drunk and gamble before the games then head across the road to the game. they came their to buy time before the game and have fun...

You fucking dolt.

That's 1 or 2 Saturdays out of a 22 day meet.

Please stop posting. 
Rfan31
Stakes Horse

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2017, 09:35:39 PM »

You fucking dolt.

That's 1 or 2 Saturdays out of a 22 day meet.

Please stop posting. 

Compare the handle on UK Football Game Days Compared to Non Game Days. Nuff said asshole... Must've lost your ass today cause you're being a dickhead lil buddy.
PIGLAND
Living Legend

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2017, 12:11:51 AM »

should boycott keenland
Calhoun
Elite

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2017, 08:52:42 AM »

Compare the handle on UK Football Game Days Compared to Non Game Days.

Nuff said asshole... Must've lost your ass today cause you're being a dickhead lil buddy.

It's LOWER.

heywood
Elite

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2017, 12:42:37 PM »

Compare the handle on UK Football Game Days Compared to Non Game Days. Nuff said asshole... Must've lost your ass today cause you're being a dickhead lil buddy.

Actually you could not be any more wrong. Maybe they tailgate but get a clue.
heywood
Elite

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2017, 12:43:54 PM »

should boycott keenland

huh? Because of takeout? They will do more on their weekends than ALL harness tracks put together.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

shout out
Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • intheclubhouse: I'm going with Matt Cullen's choice of teams.
    Today at 12:13:56 PM
  • bigwrench: the wild? really? well definately no detroit or stlouis maybe some chjance for chicago
    August 21, 2017, 12:12:25 AM
  • intheclubhouse: Pens lost alot of players I'm actually beting Minnesota to win the cup in Vegas,
    August 20, 2017, 01:38:53 PM
  • bigwrench: jester true. if not for sid i could actually like those guys!
    August 20, 2017, 11:57:37 AM
  • intheclubhouse: U smuck u said that the last 2 years also
    August 19, 2017, 11:43:25 PM
  • bigwrench: no fukin way
    August 19, 2017, 10:59:21 PM
  • intheclubhouse: Pens 3 peat
    August 19, 2017, 08:52:46 PM
  • bigwrench: Smatter? you cant keep up with the fast pace of da Puck?
    August 19, 2017, 09:17:26 AM