Author Topic: What the heck happened?  (Read 4554 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bestbetter

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 385
What the heck happened?
« on: January 08, 2025, 12:34:16 PM »
I used to love betting harness racing. I would go to Hazel Park to make bets at the Meadowlands and really enjoy the handicapping and watching the races. Now I bet and there is no real enthusiasm at all...

NOTHING BUT TRUTHS

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1391
Re: What the heck happened?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2025, 12:38:44 PM »
if you are not one of the top guys you are racining such little money you cant afford to live. so people cheat and steal. this new genersation wants no part in it.  very few

Liberty Bell

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
Re: What the heck happened?
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2025, 01:24:32 PM »
I used to love betting harness racing. I would go to Hazel Park to make bets at the Meadowlands and really enjoy the handicapping and watching the races. Now I bet and there is no real enthusiasm at all...

How can you be enthused in the winter with Tyler Miller in most of the races?

Papillon

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2609
Re: What the heck happened?
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2025, 01:27:10 PM »
I used to love betting harness racing. I would go to Hazel Park to make bets at the Meadowlands and really enjoy the handicapping and watching the races. Now I bet and there is no real enthusiasm at all...

we got older

the rampant juicing, rebates and computer betting didn't help

JT

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3766
Re: What the heck happened?
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2025, 04:21:15 PM »
we got older

the rampant juicing, rebates and computer betting didn't help
Not to mention post drag, high takeouts and single file racing with holes always being given

simplify

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 311
Re: What the heck happened?
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2025, 04:33:31 PM »
Don't forget the pitiful harness pools. And smaller fields

turfway tbred averages nearly 10 horses per race with nice pools.

JT

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3766
Re: What the heck happened?
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2025, 06:30:09 PM »
Don't forget the pitiful harness pools. And smaller fields

turfway tbred averages nearly 10 horses per race with nice pools.
The smaller pools are definitely a turn off for me as well. The smaller fields not so much. Aqueduct routinely has only 5,6,or 7 in a race and their pools are huge.

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Trigger: Drop dead :)
    Today at 01:19:41 PM
  • wiggles44: Take a break Mike #2.  :)
    Today at 01:17:45 PM
  • Trigger: You're repeating shit about male ass sherlock wiggles the retard  ngc3
    Today at 12:54:59 PM
  • wiggles44: You talk a lot about  male ass Mike.  :)
    Today at 12:33:24 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: ngc3
    Today at 11:44:22 AM
  • Trigger: You have too much fun up Calhoun's ass, what a donkey  ngc3 I'll re-up you on punishment, don't beg  ngc3
    Today at 11:43:22 AM
  • Kirby's Ace: And ALL your friends can come on it!  73cv.2
    Today at 11:43:14 AM
  • Kirby's Ace: Although maybe you should start one
    Today at 11:42:52 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal