Author Topic: Back on  (Read 20632 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

kooter for hipin

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 529
Back on
« on: March 14, 2021, 09:08:58 PM »
Been away for a long time.  Raced back in the 60's & 70's at Yonkers, Roosevelt, Hollywood Park et al. I do a lot of writing since retiring and have been commissioned to write a book about the old vs the new. It's not entirely about Harness Racing but there are several chapters involved. Back then I had some good horses and was a big hitter. Sam R would probably recognize me instantly if he is still with us. Some of the stuff is serious and some quite funny such as I asked some friends from the period to collaborate and one replied that he had researched the old Thunder Ridge Racetrack in Kentucky which is considered to be the worst Harness Track in history.  He went on to say that the leading drivers there in order were 1. Omar 'Bubba' Clampett, 2. Joe Martin, 3. Drew Chellis, 4. Joe Bongiorno, 5. Austin Siegleman. At any rate, perhaps you have some stuff, any stuff, to share, perhaps not, however from time to time I will share some contents with you.  Feel free to ask questions from the past as you will find that I am knowledgable, I think.

Rabbi Of Racing

  • Guest
Re: Back on
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2021, 09:16:01 PM »
God Bless you , sounds good

Emperor Dapple

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1204
Re: Back on
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 03:37:35 PM »
Been away for a long time.  Raced back in the 60's & 70's at Yonkers, Roosevelt, Hollywood Park et al. I do a lot of writing since retiring and have been commissioned to write a book about the old vs the new. It's not entirely about Harness Racing but there are several chapters involved. Back then I had some good horses and was a big hitter. Sam R would probably recognize me instantly if he is still with us. Some of the stuff is serious and some quite funny such as I asked some friends from the period to collaborate and one replied that he had researched the old Thunder Ridge Racetrack in Kentucky which is considered to be the worst Harness Track in history.  He went on to say that the leading drivers there in order were 1. Omar 'Bubba' Clampett, 2. Joe Martin, 3. Drew Chellis, 4. Joe Bongiorno, 5. Austin Siegleman. At any rate, perhaps you have some stuff, any stuff, to share, perhaps not, however from time to time I will share some contents with you.  Feel free to ask questions from the past as you will find that I am knowledgable, I think.

Sam R is still around...

kooter for hipin

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 529
Re: Back on
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2021, 10:08:20 PM »
Great news. I spoke with Sam years ago about Roosevelt, Yonkers and people we knew.  He is extremely knowledgeable and right on with old time stuff. I used Al Winger to get a price. Chappy drove for me a lot also.   tmbz1

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • wiggles44: Calm down Mike
    Today at 01:21:59 PM
  • Sweet: 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag 46fzlag
    Today at 01:03:53 PM
  • darnoldrocks: JUST LOOKING FOR ADMIN!!  ADMIN needs to take some responsibility for the good of the site.  No one should wish death or sexual assault on anyone's family.    No need for that. Two guys shouldn't go back and forth, saying nothing new, ruining topics. No one should have more than one ID and account.  That shouldn't be too much to expect or administer. Pretty bare basics.
    Today at 12:16:17 PM
  • Sweet: Plop Classified:  Seeking ADMIN to double down on my wishes  ngc3 please be available to work only on every other leap year day, next being Sunday, February 29, 2032 (unless you can't is  tmbz1)
    Today at 11:53:28 AM
  • wiggles44: How does Mike get himself out of this one……
    Today at 11:48:52 AM
  • Kirby's Ace: I vote free roll!
    Today at 11:18:36 AM
  • Mazola: Its pretty fucked up
    Today at 11:16:13 AM
  • Kirby's Ace: Stay
    Today at 11:13:35 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal