Author Topic: RIP Leigh Fitch  (Read 5323 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

moelarrythecheese

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 903
RIP Leigh Fitch
« on: October 28, 2024, 06:54:07 PM »
RIP Leigh.
Saw him during the later years of his career. Aggressive driver. 7,000+ wins.  Not too shabby.

Wawajones

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 665
Re: RIP Leigh Fitch
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2024, 07:22:37 PM »
Loved to stay on the rail, very smart and talented driver.  He and Elmer Ballard made quite the team.

bass park

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 653
Re: RIP Leigh Fitch
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2024, 07:35:28 PM »
Rest in peace leigh.
He was one of a kind on and off the track.

JUICEJUNKIES

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 41217
  • ↑↑↑Dan Nance, a classic↑↑↑
Re: RIP Leigh Fitch
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2024, 08:02:26 PM »
The fix has secured his place in the next chapter of existence.   

chief yogi

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 836
Re: RIP Leigh Fitch
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2024, 08:15:11 PM »
was a great driver in maine. was a lot of fun to watch in his prime. rip.

riley

  • Top Claimer
  • ***
  • Posts: 190
Re: RIP Leigh Fitch
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2024, 08:25:23 PM »
R I P  Leigh.  There'll never be another.

oldjohn123

  • Top Claimer
  • ***
  • Posts: 185
Re: RIP Leigh Fitch
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2024, 10:03:04 PM »
Loved to stay on the rail, very smart and talented driver.  He and Elmer Ballard made quite the team.
He once told me I'm going to give him a termite trip,I said what, he said hit the wood and stay their.

Sam R

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2456
Re: RIP Leigh Fitch
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2024, 11:25:22 AM »
Fitch drove a winner for me at Rockingham. Coerfurst in a w/o trot from the 10 post. Gate to wire. I guess now he will team up with Bobo again. RIP.

kantseeback

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4447
  • TDS HAS INFESTED THIS PLACE LIKE A ROACH NEST
Re: RIP Leigh Fitch
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2024, 08:25:54 PM »
He was one of Walter Case's good friends back in the day.

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2597
Re: RIP Leigh Fitch
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2024, 08:35:48 PM »
I used to watch Fitch at the old Foxboro Raceway. My brother lived in Brockton, MA. Whenever I came to visit for the weekend it always included a trip to that old racetrack. LOL!

Grandstand Handicapper

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2777
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
Re: RIP Leigh Fitch
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2024, 01:26:07 PM »
A true classic, old-time New England horseman. Had a long, storied, and interesting career. He will be remembered and missed.

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • JT: Calhoun put up $80 bucks ngc3..one of my pick5's costs more then that ngc3
    September 29, 2026, 11:35:54 PM
  • JT: Well G thinks I'm Mike ngc3..Great minds and such ngc3
    September 29, 2026, 11:33:02 PM
  • JT: I got out and so did my family..in the early 2000's. To much cheating, to many drugs.
    September 29, 2026, 11:32:14 PM
  • darnoldrocks: My family and I.  Now you're starting sound like SCM.
    September 29, 2026, 11:25:12 PM
  • darnoldrocks: Back in the day doesn't count.  Calhoun is putting up his money right now.   How about you?
    September 29, 2026, 11:24:28 PM
  • JT: My family and I owned a lot of horses back in the day.. Facts..ask wiggles screenshots don't lie :P
    September 29, 2026, 11:19:55 PM
  • darnoldrocks: JT's horses + Tiggers horses = zero ownership
    September 29, 2026, 11:17:00 PM
  • darnoldrocks: Oh, I didn't know that.  DUH
    September 29, 2026, 11:15:57 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal