Author Topic: Parking at the Jug  (Read 5326 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

firhill

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 452
Parking at the Jug
« on: September 09, 2024, 01:55:50 PM »
I'm gonna drive a 24' RV down from Michigan and stay from Tuesday 'til Thursday night.
I had to book a site about 5 miles from the track as all the camping sites at track were fully booked.

Any suggestions as to where to park the RV at or near the track during the races?

Open bridle

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 435
Re: Parking at the Jug
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2024, 02:05:34 PM »

firhill

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 452
Re: Parking at the Jug
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2024, 02:27:39 PM »
Thanks. I have my campground booked but will be driving the RV to the track each day.

I'm trying to find the best places to park it at the track when I get there.

Looks like there's a lot of general parking from the grandstand turn all the way around behind the barns on backstretch. Maybe that will be available if I get there early enough in the morning.

Open bridle

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 435
Re: Parking at the Jug
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2024, 02:53:09 PM »
Should work but get there early.

Brown jug

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3946
Re: Parking at the Jug
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2024, 04:50:46 PM »
take a taxi

Frankie T

  • 4 claimer
  • **
  • Posts: 91
Re: Parking at the Jug
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2024, 05:23:51 PM »
Thanks. I have my campground booked but will be driving the RV to the track each day.

I'm trying to find the best places to park it at the track when I get there.

Looks like there's a lot of general parking from the grandstand turn all the way around behind the barns on backstretch. Maybe that will be available if I get there early enough in the morning.

I suggest you call the fair and ask them. Also, people in the neighborhood including a school offer parking. They might be able to accommodate an RV.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/DF6Ta4BhzXfaVe6n7

Lance

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1127
Re: Parking at the Jug
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2024, 05:31:57 PM »
Thanks. I have my campground booked but will be driving the RV to the track each day.

I'm trying to find the best places to park it at the track when I get there.

Looks like there's a lot of general parking from the grandstand turn all the way around behind the barns on backstretch. Maybe that will be available if I get there early enough in the morning.

Would you rent rooms by the hour.

jupiter

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2477
Re: Parking at the Jug
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2024, 06:18:02 PM »
UBER

Kirby's Ace

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4817
Re: Parking at the Jug
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2024, 06:25:52 PM »
9/09/26 A day of celebration!

firhill

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 452
Re: Parking at the Jug
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2024, 09:12:20 PM »
Thanks fellas...great idea on taxi/uber

Frankie T

  • 4 claimer
  • **
  • Posts: 91
Re: Parking at the Jug
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2024, 10:48:21 PM »
Thanks fellas...great idea on taxi/uber

Are you going for two or more days? It might cost less to rent a car on Hotwire or a similar site.

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • JT: Yes 52 on Wednesday
    Today at 09:54:11 PM
  • JT: Dougie, can't wait to meet ya next year my friend  ;D
    Today at 09:53:53 PM
  • dougie: JT, you going to be 52 next week? You're still a kid! I'm coasting toward 70. And I still feel 50.
    Today at 09:41:01 PM
  • JT: And I am man enough to show my face,  Calhoun couldn't even go on a phone call on you tube ngc3
    Today at 09:34:49 PM
  • JT: I won't be able to do that, it's supposed to be a little chilly out ngc3..but I guarantee I look alot better then the old geezers on here ngc3
    Today at 09:32:00 PM
  • Trigger: Treacherous just offered $6 to fuck me in the ass...does the bidding stop there  ngc3
    Today at 09:10:51 PM
  • Trigger: Roll up your sleeves JT and show cooniehoon your guns  ngc3
    Today at 09:02:24 PM
  • JT: I will be photo bombing the winners circle at Scioto next weekend, just like last year. You are to much of a coward to go on Petrelli's you tube channel over the phone  ngc3
    Today at 09:00:12 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal