HORSEPLOP.COM
General Category => Harness Racing => Topic started by: dougie on October 05, 2026, 11:32:38 AM
-
Weather getting cool here in Maine and it's time for a mid-week road trip. We just leased a new Range Rover after leasing Toyotas for the last 12 years. It was time for a change. So we are going for a test ride! LOL! Tomorrow it's the 90 minute drive to Plainridge Park and some harness racing and a nice lunch. Then it's the hour drive to Foxwoods for a couple of nights. With my bankroll at $5779, it will be poker, horses, and good eating to try and get back on track. So if anybody's got a hot horse, send me a PM. I'll be checking in to read the posts on my breaks. Have a great day!
-
Weather getting cool here in Maine and it's time for a mid-week road trip. We just leased a new Range Rover after leasing Toyotas for the last 12 years. It was time for a change. So we are going for a test ride! LOL! Tomorrow it's the 90 minute drive to Plainridge Park and some harness racing and a nice lunch. Then it's the hour drive to Foxwoods for a couple of nights. With my bankroll at $5779, it will be poker, horses, and good eating to try and get back on track. So if anybody's got a hot horse, send me a PM. I'll be checking in to read the posts on my breaks. Have a great day!
If nothing else, sounds like you'll be eating well
Nice to have your wife as aa wingman.
My wifey gave up on the track years ago after Rosey, Monti, and Goshen sice she was 16.
Best of luck!
-
If nothing else, sounds like you'll be eating well
Nice to have your wife as aa wingman.
My wifey gave up on the track years ago after Rosey, Monti, and Goshen sice she was 16.
Best of luck!
Thanks! We'll be heading to Monti November 1st for a few days. Before the real "weather' starts! LOL! I've got family still living in Monti around where Gagers Diner was. Now it's "Tillys'. Also have family in Kiamesha Lake and Harris.
-
Thanks! We'll be heading to Monti November 1st for a few days. Before the real "weather' starts! LOL! I've got family still living in Monti around where Gagers Diner was. Now it's "Tillys'. Also have family in Kiamesha Lake and Harris.
My folks house in Harris was at the T intersection where Friedman (Kutshers) road ends at Harris Road.
-
My folks house in Harris was at the T intersection where Friedman (Kutshers) road ends at Harris Road.
I know the area well. My cousin has a beautiful home on land that was the old Schneiders Bungalow Colony. Some sweet houses there. Built about 30 years ago. I knew the Schneider family. Great people.
-
always the mad dash on 17B from the track after the last race on Sunday to make it to dinner on time.
Such wonderful memories
-
always the mad dash on 17B from the track after the last race on Sunday to make it to dinner on time.
Such wonderful memories
I remember those days. Great times. The old Frankie and Johnnys in Hurleyville is now Casa Mia. They have a waitress who's there over 50 years. Best Italian food in the Catskills!
-
always the mad dash on 17B from the track after the last race on Sunday to make it to dinner on time.
Such wonderful memories
Sunday afternoon races were the best, fire it in there and be home for dinner, exactly correct. I can do Tioga on Sunday’s when they are open, plus it’s only 1/2 an hour away
-
always the mad dash on 17B from the track after the last race on Sunday to make it to dinner on time.
Such wonderful memories
Mad Dash? Last mad dash out of Monti must have been 40 years ago
-
Weather getting cool here in Maine and it's time for a mid-week road trip. We just leased a new Range Rover after leasing Toyotas for the last 12 years. It was time for a change. So we are going for a test ride! LOL! Tomorrow it's the 90 minute drive to Plainridge Park and some harness racing and a nice lunch. Then it's the hour drive to Foxwoods for a couple of nights. With my bankroll at $5779, it will be poker, horses, and good eating to try and get back on track. So if anybody's got a hot horse, send me a PM. I'll be checking in to read the posts on my breaks. Have a great day!
What??? Head west to the Fryeburg Fair. Opens tomorrow. Much better than Plainridge.
-
Sounds like a good time Dougie!👍
-
What??? Head west to the Fryeburg Fair. Opens tomorrow. Much better than Plainridge.
Yes, so I've been told by New England horsemen i know
-
What??? Head west to the Fryeburg Fair. Opens tomorrow. Much better than Plainridge.
Yes, I know.LOL! Fryeburg Fair is the best fair of the season. I rarely miss it. But I do love these road trips!
-
Sounds like a good time Dougie!👍
I loved these road trips! Retirement is fun!