HORSEPLOP.COM

General Category => Harness Racing => Topic started by: gurals casino on August 14, 2026, 10:58:16 AM

Title: Misfits silent about Hambletonian
Post by: gurals casino on August 14, 2026, 10:58:16 AM
where are they?

Gural gets commended for sneezing-but when he doesn't want to "save" The Hambletonian from moving west...

there are no comments "personally thanking" him

where are they? ngc3

maybe it was just one of his "shortcomings" ngc3
Title: Re: Misfits silent about Hambletonian
Post by: G on August 14, 2026, 11:05:04 AM
Did you ever think maybe Jeff knows a little more about the business than you do? You don't become extremely wealthy from being a dummy now do you.
Title: Re: Misfits silent about Hambletonian
Post by: gurals casino on August 14, 2026, 11:08:33 AM
Did you ever think maybe Jeff knows a little more about the business than you do? You don't become extremely wealthy from being a dummy now do you.

Saviour has proven he knows very little about NJ politics-for the last dozen years he thought a casino was a sure thing

to answer your question--NO
Title: Re: Misfits silent about Hambletonian
Post by: Kenny on August 14, 2026, 11:23:26 AM
Saviour has proven he knows very little about NJ politics-for the last dozen years he thought a casino was a sure thing

to answer your question--NO

Hoosier has casino money the Meadowlands does not. Not politics corruption.
Title: Re: Misfits silent about Hambletonian
Post by: G on August 14, 2026, 11:24:52 AM
Saviour has proven he knows very little about NJ politics-for the last dozen years he thought a casino was a sure thing

to answer your question--NO
you sound like an idiot. You're talking about a man that saved harness racing in New Jersey and how do you know what his bank book looks like in regards to the M????
Title: Re: Misfits silent about Hambletonian
Post by: gurals casino on August 14, 2026, 11:28:26 AM
Hoosier has casino money the Meadowlands does not. Not politics corruption.

I never said it was corruption

it was a series of gross misjudgments on how Trenton operates--and Gural had no clue
Title: Re: Misfits silent about Hambletonian
Post by: Kenny on August 14, 2026, 11:32:21 AM
I never said it was corruption

it was a series of gross misjudgments on how Trenton operates--and Gural had no clue

NJ politics = corruption. You are clueless about the Meadowlands financial situation.
Title: Re: Misfits silent about Hambletonian
Post by: gurals casino on August 14, 2026, 11:35:19 AM
NJ politics = corruption. You are clueless about the Meadowlands financial situation.

The Hambletonian has been lost and The M1 is in deep shit--and yet I am the one who knows nothing about M1 finances ngc3
Title: Re: Misfits silent about Hambletonian
Post by: jupiter on August 14, 2026, 11:52:57 AM
 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 They are slowly coming to an end, Freehold North.
Title: Re: Misfits silent about Hambletonian
Post by: gurals casino on August 14, 2026, 12:00:27 PM
if he doesn't get his casino voted a " yes " by next November--there most likely wont be a 2028

that is provided his referendum even makes it to the November ballot

Dave Little asked him this and he refused to answer
Title: Re: Misfits silent about Hambletonian
Post by: G on August 14, 2026, 01:24:53 PM
The Hambletonian has been lost and The M1 is in deep shit--and yet I am the one who knows nothing about M1 finances ngc3
did you see Jeff's balance sheets by any chance?
Title: Re: Misfits silent about Hambletonian
Post by: gurals casino on August 14, 2026, 01:26:36 PM
did you see Jeff's balance sheets by any chance?

yes--he said if he doesn't get his casino racing ends
Title: Re: Misfits silent about Hambletonian
Post by: Lockedin with Pace on August 14, 2026, 01:27:43 PM
did you see Jeff's balance sheets by any chance?

I'm sure he showed them to you at lunch.
Title: Re: Misfits silent about Hambletonian
Post by: Harness racer on August 14, 2026, 04:32:08 PM
Did you ever think maybe Jeff knows a little more about the business than you do? You don't become extremely wealthy from being a dummy now do you.

You can inherit wealth stupid.  Do you need to be smart to inherit money?  Makes your statement incorrect.
Title: Re: Misfits silent about Hambletonian
Post by: Checked Up on August 14, 2026, 05:00:52 PM
Opinions are like A hole,everyone has one,but I  haven't seen anything from anyone else who has  stepped up and made a financial commitment to fund the event into the future. J.G. atleast is willing to put his money where his mouth is!!! 11.wp
Title: Re: Misfits silent about Hambletonian
Post by: gurals casino on August 14, 2026, 05:04:39 PM
Opinions are like A hole,everyone has one,but I  haven't seen anything from anyone else who has  stepped up and made a financial commitment to fund the event into the future. J.G. atleast is willing to put his money where his mouth is!!! 11.wp

duh--Caesars just did for 3 years

JG offered 1 year
Title: Re: Misfits silent about Hambletonian
Post by: dougie on August 14, 2026, 05:47:26 PM
I am saddened by the loss of the Hambo at the Meadowlands. I thought that they did a ok job this year on Hambo Day. Certainly not the events that the throughbred folks organize for the Breeders Cup, but still a great day for harness racing. I hope Gural, who's 84 just retires and says "Fuck it! Who need's it?" He could probably live 20 lifetimes and never run out of money. No matter what happens in the future, I hope the Meadowlands always has live harness racing.
Title: Re: Misfits silent about Hambletonian
Post by: Lockedin with Pace on August 14, 2026, 05:50:44 PM
Problem is finding another person to help finance it without a casino. He also doesn't want to be the one who closes down the track and tarnish his legacy.
Title: Re: Misfits silent about Hambletonian
Post by: dougie on August 14, 2026, 06:00:04 PM
Problem is finding another person to help finance it without a casino. He also doesn't want to be the one who closes down the track and tarnish his legacy.
Is there someone out there willing to actually do that? I was the the Meadowlands on opening night. And despite all of harness racings big issues, I think he's still been a great steward for racing. If the Meadowlnds does close eventually, I just can't see the benefit for harness racing. I do believe that he will never get a casino there. I think the powers in Trenton are owned by the Atlantic City interests. So in the end.....will the Meadowlands be here 10 years from now? Who really knows?
Title: Re: Misfits silent about Hambletonian
Post by: gurals casino on August 14, 2026, 06:03:01 PM
Is there someone out there willing to actually do that? I was the the Meadowlands on opening night. And despite all of harness racings big issues, I think he's still been a great steward for racing. If the Meadowlnds does close eventually, I just can't see the benefit for harness racing. I do believe that he will never get a casino there. I think the powers in Trenton are owned by the Atlantic City interests. So in the end.....will the Meadowlands be here 10 years from now? Who really knows?

call me mister doom and gloom but without getting his casino --next year is probably the last year
Title: Re: Misfits silent about Hambletonian
Post by: Lockedin with Pace on August 14, 2026, 06:05:08 PM
Been a long time since I've been there, back then they raced 5 nights a week and the quality of racing was much better. Winter racing was also good back then because they had alot of early closers. Now winter racing is a joke with the top drivers going on vacation and the quality of racing and driver colony has really suffered.

I don't see anyone stepping up to fund what amounts to a sinking ship without a casino even with revenue from the sportsbook.
Title: Re: Misfits silent about Hambletonian
Post by: dougie on August 14, 2026, 06:08:15 PM
call me mister doom and gloom but without getting his casino --next year is probably the last year
Hey you could be right. Look at the Oxford Casino here in Maine. Churchill put it up for sale. It's in rural Maine. They'll either sell it or close it down. 600 employees out of work. How many jobs and families will be affected if the Meadowlands closes?
Title: Re: Misfits silent about Hambletonian
Post by: Lockedin with Pace on August 14, 2026, 06:13:08 PM
call me mister doom and gloom but without getting his casino --next year is probably the last year

The misfits have been quiet because they're all pitching in to help "G" move 10 horses to Mark Fork's immaculate training center tomorrow. Whose 10 horses they are is the big question.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal