HORSEPLOP.COM

General Category => Harness Racing => Topic started by: MIKE CAMPBELL on August 13, 2026, 12:44:57 PM

Title: Howard Fucking Oil
Post by: MIKE CAMPBELL on August 13, 2026, 12:44:57 PM
OMG!! Listen to the call of the second race today. Is this guy drunk?
Title: Re: Howard Fucking Oil
Post by: dougie on August 13, 2026, 12:54:08 PM
LOL! He is "unique" in his own way. LOL!
Title: Re: Howard Fucking Oil
Post by: Billsmafia on August 13, 2026, 04:15:41 PM
Unique is a good word for Howard. It seems like his speech was impaired in the second race. It's possible he was having a health situation or maybe he just doesn't have the same focus he once did. 42 years in the same announcer's booth is incredible.

Of course there are other, simpler explanations for the confused call and slurred speech. I've heard him give some exciting stretch race calls. I've also heard him repeat phrases and words to the point that I've had to turn off the audio.

When all is said and done, 42 years is amazing.
Title: Re: Howard Fucking Oil
Post by: dougie on August 13, 2026, 04:35:44 PM
Unique is a good word for Howard. It seems like his speech was impaired in the second race. It's possible he was having a health situation or maybe he just doesn't have the same focus he once did. 42 years in the same announcer's booth is incredible.

Of course there are other, simpler explanations for the confused call and slurred speech. I've heard him give some exciting stretch race calls. I've also heard him repeat phrases and words to the point that I've had to turn off the audio.

When all is said and done, 42 years is amazing.
Yes, Howard has endured. And i've been listening to his calls for all those 42 years. LOL!
Title: Re: Howard Fucking Oil
Post by: Lockedin with Pace on August 13, 2026, 04:37:24 PM
When I watch a race from Monticello I have him on IGGY.
Title: Re: Howard Fucking Oil
Post by: ScrapeThePaint on August 13, 2026, 05:07:22 PM
OMG!! Listen to the call of the second race today. Is this guy drunk?

No, he is probably old and tired. A true Legend at his craft. Give him some respect. More than 40 years at the Mighty M!
Title: Re: Howard Fucking Oil
Post by: SeattleSlew on August 13, 2026, 05:21:31 PM
So     So     So    So
Title: Re: Howard Fucking Oil
Post by: bello on August 13, 2026, 05:45:26 PM
And a few years at Scarboro and prior to that pre-calls at YR and RR where he was a legend.
Title: Re: Howard Fucking Oil
Post by: JL52 on August 13, 2026, 07:13:37 PM
Plus backup at Foxboro. Didn’t know about Scarborough, but it makes sense.
Title: Re: Howard Fucking Oil
Post by: JL52 on August 13, 2026, 07:20:45 PM
Mike, I, too, am tired of his calls, but this call was no different than others. Fairly accurate. It could be a lot worse, like JohnHorne at Vernon, or Shades wtf his name, at Tioga.
Title: Re: Howard Fucking Oil
Post by: captaintreacherous on August 13, 2026, 08:53:24 PM
42 years!!!!!!


That is amazing......


It has never been done.
Title: Re: Howard Fucking Oil
Post by: Bitter Truth on August 13, 2026, 09:04:40 PM
Duh. Might want to check out The Mouth's resume, Capt. 11.wp
Title: Re: Howard Fucking Oil
Post by: gurals casino on August 13, 2026, 09:05:38 PM
42 years!!!!!!


That is amazing......


It has never been done.

I believe Ringo has done the last 50 Jugs-at least

Gallagher in Delaware isn't far behind Olive Oil
Title: Re: Howard Fucking Oil
Post by: JT on August 13, 2026, 09:20:25 PM
Actually Settlemoir called the jug last year, Roger gave it up after 50 years
I think his first year was 1975
Not an improvement by any stretch
Title: Re: Howard Fucking Oil
Post by: gurals casino on August 13, 2026, 09:25:17 PM
Actually Settlemoir called the jug last year, Roger gave it up after 50 years
I think his first year was 1975
Not an improvement by any stretch

I was close

Settlemoir tries to emulate Roger

very weird
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal