HORSEPLOP.COM

General Category => Harness Racing => Topic started by: LUCPARK on August 08, 2026, 05:30:14 PM

Title: MISTAKE IN A MILLION DOLLAR RACE
Post by: LUCPARK on August 08, 2026, 05:30:14 PM
Either hang him or retake him

Apex don’t like to get passed

Let Dexter control race 🙄🙄🙄

Bad idea

And ranger 1000” percent better in the lead

Tim made a decision.  A bad decision imho
Ranger had been trained to race on the lead his whole life

Y stop that in a million dollar race.  Beyond me



What’s apex worth

What’s ranger worth
In breeding shed

Title: Re: MISTAKE IN A MILLION DOLLAR RACE
Post by: gurals casino on August 08, 2026, 05:36:42 PM
correct

all TT had to do was stretch out DD a little when he yielded and he wins

or retake and he wins

Apex is a Walner-Mission Brief by Muscle Hill

worth plenty
Title: Re: MISTAKE IN A MILLION DOLLAR RACE
Post by: Pacer 2 on August 08, 2026, 05:38:19 PM


Bad idea
 

Tim made a decision.  A bad decision imho
 

 


 

 

    Maybe you would've done better??      ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
Title: Re: MISTAKE IN A MILLION DOLLAR RACE
Post by: themightythor on August 08, 2026, 05:45:53 PM
luc i know 1 thing,apex worth triple .i mean look at his breeding
Title: Re: MISTAKE IN A MILLION DOLLAR RACE
Post by: TimTimTimbo on August 08, 2026, 05:49:58 PM
Apex IMO is the best bred trotter racing. American Power out of Ariana G a close second. Both Walner's out of Muscle Hill mares.  If they were human they would be three quarter brothers
Title: Re: MISTAKE IN A MILLION DOLLAR RACE
Post by: Bitter Truth on August 08, 2026, 05:50:15 PM
Please. No blame to place anywhere. Sometimes you just get beat fair and square. Savor a good race and quit bitching. 11.wp
Title: Re: MISTAKE IN A MILLION DOLLAR RACE
Post by: seen2much on August 08, 2026, 05:55:03 PM
I thought it was a dead heat. A great race with no loser.
Title: Re: MISTAKE IN A MILLION DOLLAR RACE
Post by: gurals casino on August 08, 2026, 05:57:12 PM
Please. No blame to place anywhere. Sometimes you just get beat fair and square. Savor a good race and quit bitching. 11.wp

it was a great race

nobody is bitching

just a few of us pointing out how DD out drove TT

nothing more-nothing less
Title: Re: MISTAKE IN A MILLION DOLLAR RACE
Post by: Pacer 2 on August 08, 2026, 06:14:08 PM
Please. No blame to place anywhere. Sometimes you just get beat fair and square. Savor a good race and quit bitching. 11.wp


   tmbz1 tmbz1  LUKEPUKE stop your Bitchin!   
Title: Re: MISTAKE IN A MILLION DOLLAR RACE
Post by: Bitter Truth on August 08, 2026, 06:14:28 PM
I just don't think you can do more than sting him like TT did. I don't think Ranger is a stop and start type.
Really long. Look at his lines. Always ground his way to get the top, then never headed. I don't see Dunn
giving it up once he made the top. It's just how it plays out sometimes, especially when it is generally a
2 horse race like today. He had every chance in the lane. Hell, he's a MUCH bigger horse but that Apex is gritty.
Title: Re: MISTAKE IN A MILLION DOLLAR RACE
Post by: LUCPARK on August 08, 2026, 06:14:49 PM
it was a great race

nobody is bitching

just a few of us pointing out how DD out drove TT

 tmbz1
Title: Re: MISTAKE IN A MILLION DOLLAR RACE
Post by: seen2much on August 08, 2026, 06:25:49 PM

   tmbz1 tmbz1  LUKEPUKE stop your Bitchin!   
It is his opinion. Can't you get anything right?
IDIOT 2 strikes again.  ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
Title: Re: MISTAKE IN A MILLION DOLLAR RACE
Post by: Meadow Ford on August 08, 2026, 06:41:30 PM
IMHO
I don't think Dunn gives up the three hole to pull early if Ronny G was driving.
I don't think Ronny G lets Dunn go if Dunn did come.
But if he hangs him they may of both gotten beat.
 If he puts Dunn in the 2 hole I think Ronny G(or TT)wins.
Title: Re: MISTAKE IN A MILLION DOLLAR RACE
Post by: Babinga on August 08, 2026, 07:04:14 PM
After what they did to Gillespie and the way they did it, I’m kind of glad that he lost.

Babi
Title: Re: MISTAKE IN A MILLION DOLLAR RACE
Post by: LUCPARK on August 08, 2026, 07:07:41 PM
After what they did to Gillespie and the way they did it, I’m kind of glad that he lost.

Babi

Karma  tmbz1

Karma spelled backwards is karma  tmbz1
Title: Re: MISTAKE IN A MILLION DOLLAR RACE
Post by: G on August 08, 2026, 07:09:22 PM
Please. No blame to place anywhere. Sometimes you just get beat fair and square. Savor a good race and quit bitching. 11.wp
I agree! It was an exciting race harness racing needed that
Title: Re: MISTAKE IN A MILLION DOLLAR RACE
Post by: gurals casino on August 08, 2026, 07:17:14 PM
I agree! It was an exciting race harness racing needed that

I thought it was already thriving tmbz1
Title: Re: MISTAKE IN A MILLION DOLLAR RACE
Post by: Call Sign Merlin on August 08, 2026, 08:15:54 PM
Would rather have the two hole to a 54 half so think TT put the horse in the right spot. Apex has been tested a lot prior to this - Ranger has not - think that may have been the difference.

The one who has to be sick is Beaver.  Has Endurance ever made a break.
Title: Re: MISTAKE IN A MILLION DOLLAR RACE
Post by: Brown jug on August 08, 2026, 08:28:38 PM
hindsight is always 20-20
tetrick was not removing
did nothing wrong
had a full 1/4 mile to make up the gap and fell an inch short
Title: Re: MISTAKE IN A MILLION DOLLAR RACE
Post by: G on August 08, 2026, 08:30:44 PM
I thought it was already thriving tmbz1
it is thriving! This can only help between the line's dummy.
Title: Re: MISTAKE IN A MILLION DOLLAR RACE
Post by: Meadow Ford on August 08, 2026, 09:14:56 PM
I thought it was a dead heat. A great race with no loser.
How many here saw the stretch drive of the dead heat Hambo?
Why did it end up in civil court to decide the winner months later?
Who finally got the trophy?
Title: Re: MISTAKE IN A MILLION DOLLAR RACE
Post by: Hay 4 sail on August 08, 2026, 09:21:43 PM
Would rather have the two hole to a 54 half so think TT put the horse in the right spot. Apex has been tested a lot prior to this - Ranger has not - think that may have been the difference.

The one who has to be sick is Beaver.  Has Endurance ever made a break.
By no means am I saying TT interfered with Endurance. But he had the momentum moving up and when TT pulled out Endurance checked up a bit he broke. I dont think he was getting by 3 or 4 but definitely cost him $$
Title: Re: MISTAKE IN A MILLION DOLLAR RACE
Post by: The Unstable on August 08, 2026, 09:27:19 PM
Would rather have the two hole to a 54 half so think TT put the horse in the right spot. Apex has been tested a lot prior to this - Ranger has not - think that may have been the difference.

The one who has to be sick is Beaver.  Has Endurance ever made a break.
.

Endurance got injured. Walked off track. Hope he is ok.
Title: Re: MISTAKE IN A MILLION DOLLAR RACE
Post by: Bitter Truth on August 08, 2026, 09:48:57 PM
Meadow: Didn't look anything up but believe or not when it looked like a dead heat today
I thought of Shiway something [ Saint Pat?] Am I right?
Title: Re: MISTAKE IN A MILLION DOLLAR RACE
Post by: SDST2009 on August 08, 2026, 09:50:21 PM
By no means am I saying TT interfered with Endurance. But he had the momentum moving up and when TT pulled out Endurance checked up a bit he broke. I dont think he was getting by 3 or 4 but definitely cost him $$

I don't think TT had anything to do with it. Endurance was not traveling right in the post parade. Rewatch the first turn. Clear head nod and frankly I think the horse held it together as long as he (or Andy) could. Not sure where the track vet was on that one.

.

Endurance got injured. Walked off track. Hope he is ok.

Not surprised based on above but hate to see that. Hope it's something relatively minor, I thought he had a real shot today.
Title: Re: MISTAKE IN A MILLION DOLLAR RACE
Post by: Meadow Ford on August 08, 2026, 09:58:08 PM
Meadow: Didn't look anything up but believe or not when it looked like a dead heat today
I thought of Shiway something [ Saint Pat?] Am I right?
Shiaway ST Pat (The Remmens)won the very first Hambo held at The Meadowlands, but not in a dead heat.
Title: Re: MISTAKE IN A MILLION DOLLAR RACE
Post by: gurals casino on August 08, 2026, 10:05:31 PM
Meadow: Didn't look anything up but believe or not when it looked like a dead heat today
I thought of Shiway something [ Saint Pat?] Am I right?

it was Park Avenue Joe and Probe in 1989 was a dead heat
Title: Re: MISTAKE IN A MILLION DOLLAR RACE
Post by: Bitter Truth on August 08, 2026, 10:09:50 PM
You go Gural! Thx for doing the work. I KNEW it had happened. tmbz1
Title: Re: MISTAKE IN A MILLION DOLLAR RACE
Post by: Meadow Ford on August 08, 2026, 10:10:48 PM
it was Park Avenue Joe and Probe in 1989 was a dead heat
Yes
Who did the civil courts give the trophy to and why was it in dispute.
Title: Re: MISTAKE IN A MILLION DOLLAR RACE
Post by: gurals casino on August 08, 2026, 10:26:39 PM
Yes
Who did the civil courts give the trophy to and why was it in dispute.

I thought a judge declared it a dead heat but I do recall a dispute but cannot recall why--or who was declared the winner

they should have raced another heat imo
Title: Re: MISTAKE IN A MILLION DOLLAR RACE
Post by: gurals casino on August 08, 2026, 10:33:05 PM
I do recall Valley Victory being great that year but got sick and was scratched

and Peace Corps had her 17 race win streak snapped and did not qualify for the race off after finishing 3rd and 2nd--it wasn't her day
Title: Re: MISTAKE IN A MILLION DOLLAR RACE
Post by: Grandstand Handicapper on August 09, 2026, 10:10:53 AM
Park Avenue Joe and Probe dead-heated and the owners of Probe (the Antonacci family) filed a lawsuit. The urban myth, rumor, BS is that it was about the dead-heat photo. The fact is it was about who was declared the winner and the purse distribution.
Title: Re: MISTAKE IN A MILLION DOLLAR RACE
Post by: gurals casino on August 09, 2026, 10:22:18 AM
Park Avenue Joe and Probe dead-heated and the owners of Probe (the Antonacci family) filed a lawsuit. The urban myth, rumor, BS is that it was about the dead-heat photo. The fact is it was about who was declared the winner and the purse distribution.

that would be incorrect

a judge ruled it a dead heat as did the Hambletonian Society but the owners of Park Avenue Joe were awarded first place purse money because of the summary results

Park Avenue Joe( 2-1-1 dh) as opposed to Probe(1-9-1 dh)

there was no controversy involving the photo

it was bothering me that I could not remember so I looked it up last night
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal