HORSEPLOP.COM
General Category => Harness Racing => Topic started by: captaintreacherous on August 06, 2026, 06:05:51 PM
-
The horse had a very tuf 2 year old season...
12 for 12. HOTY
McClure drove Perfect
Now the horse has tailed off dramatically....
It is not the driver..
What..do you think McClure forgot how to drive???
When they start to tail off ....it is very difficult
to bring them back to form .
-
Horse hasn’t been right this whole winter
He was training down with his barn mate
Shalom Hanover
Shalom was beating him almost every time shalom is a two yr old
How do I know
My horses are at the same winter farm in Florida
Horse don’t come back as good as last yr
They are not machines
But driver also has made some mistakes
Drives nervous not to make a mistake is what I would call his last five drives
Jmho
-
Horse don’t come back as good as last yr
They are not machines
This bears repeating because it seems to be happening more and more. That said, Beau really gave the impression he was doing everything so easy, I expected him to come back strong.
He also gave the impression last year of a horse with some fight to him, in that he'd pace on when anyone got close to him. I do think it's fair to say something is wrong, but he also has been racing like he doesn't have much of a heart. Like someone finally looked him in the eye and he didn't care - or wasn't physically able - to fight on.
Oh well. Not the first 2yo to falter turning 3. I am curious to see if he ever races again.
-
Not that Mclure is a Dexter Dunn but I think more
the horse than the driver in this case.
Beau Jangles was a great 2 year old
A Good 3 year old...better than average obviously
kind of tuf to watch this ..
Maybe stop and give the horse a break
My 3c
-
He is going just as fast as he did last year. Some horses don't get better when they hit three.
-
He is going just as fast as he did last year. Some horses don't get better when they hit three.
There are only so many good races in the lifetime of a horse. Were all the races used up on beau? The answer will come if/when he races in the future. Also don’t forget, the real good stud horses only race 30 times at most at 2&3. Do they still have to race at 4 (the gural rule) before going to stud? This makes a difference on longevity and stud fees.
-
Have to agree with all the posters...
Lucpark, Rainman2, MikeCampbell, SDst
Times? All Relative..
I notice this year times seem to be 1 second or more
faster than usual....
I think I would rather be winning in 1:49 than
getting beat in 1:48:1
-
I think I would rather be winning in 1:49 than
getting beat in 1:48:1
Retardo ngc3
-
In his last race Dunn would have tucked 4th. It is rare that Dexter guts a horse. He gives many trips and keeps them brave.
It looks like the horse is not the same. That makes Mcclure's drive worse. That isn't what you do in after layoff...where the horse had an issue.
Watching Bob on a nightly basis at Mohawk is not impressive and that is a weak driving colony.
-
Why wouldn't he race? Even if he isn't the greatest, he can still win a lot of money...
-
Why wouldn't he race? Even if he isn't the greatest, he can still win a lot of money...
Because if he continues to race like he is, he’s likely to tarnish his reputation such that it decreases his stud value.
If he was a gelding, different story, of course.