HORSEPLOP.COM
General Category => Harness Racing => Topic started by: Pacer 2 on August 01, 2026, 04:53:59 PM
-
was a great buy for The Stable ......1st race Meadowlands
-
You just figured that out now and figure the hambo oaks was the time to tell everyone?
ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
-
That was not a good drive. I would be pissed if I owned her 26.3 sealed her fate
-
always drive like you are the best in the race. Cant ask a filly to trot in under 26 with those soft early fractions.
now the connections have to wait out the other elims there are 2 horses that do have more earnings than her in another races...storybook love and Nezuko
-
always drive like you are the best in the race. Cant ask a filly to trot in under 26 with those soft early fractions.
now the connections have to wait out the other elims there are 2 horses that do have more earnings than her in another races...storybook love and Nezudo
Exactly, Kinda ironic because u know AMAC would not have been as patient but obviously James is by far the best in that family. Getting to the half in 56 and change sealed her fate. He has to home that Nezuko and Storybook Love don't end up getting beat as well and finishing 4th. As well as Setyoursightshigh
-
You just figured that out now and figure the hambo oaks was the time to tell everyone?
ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
Take a reading comprehension course bro! You're in outer space! ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
-
Should have been worse for James - he was really indecisive and he got away with it because Yannick waited for his cover. Personally think he should have buried James and got covered up by someone else.
-
and Jailbird Jog is OUT....Storybook Love finishes 4th
will be an interesting youtube tomorrow
-
Take a reading comprehension course bro! You're in outer space! ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
Got any more horses to watch tonight?
ELIMINATED
ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
-
Rough day so far. Think they have 15 or 16 in total. Around 8 in the fair stakes at Northfield.Got beat up early at the meadows and so far at Northfield have race around 5 and all not good. Good thing the ones at Northfield are stabled there as they wouldn’t have enough gas money to truck them home.
-
Got any more horses to watch tonight?
ELIMINATED
ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
I bet they are pissed off at James. As bad as AMAC can be at times, this would not have happened to him, he's not that patient
-
I bet they are pissed off at James. As bad as AMAC can be at times, this would not have happened to him, he's not that patient
Someone is going for a Starbucks run tonight.
-
That was not a good drive. I would be pissed if I owned her 26.3 sealed her fate
Lack luster drive
Cost a place in oaks final
I keep telling u guys Macdonald sucks
-
Lack luster drive
Cost a place in oaks final
I keep telling u guys Macdonald sucks
Didn’t he win the Hambo oaks last year ?
-
Got any more horses to watch tonight?
ELIMINATED
ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
I never said to watch that horse. Only that it was a great purchase for The Stable you CHEATIN DUMBASS!! ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
-
Guessing he picks up a drive in the final on the 3rd Melander horse (Lainey W) or whoever Timmy picks off of
-
Rough day so far. Think they have 15 or 16 in total. Around 8 in the fair stakes at Northfield.Got beat up early at the meadows and so far at Northfield have race around 5 and all not good. Good thing the ones at Northfield are stabled there as they wouldn’t have enough gas money to truck them home.
16 starters
13 in the money
could have went a lot better
could have went a lot worse
-
horrific drive on jailbird jog
nothing more to say
-
James was half in half out in the first turn
His choice to not make a backside move was what cost him
It was a bad choice and yes, a bad drive
-
at the half he knew he was not winning but figured he could easily finish top 3 to make the final
worst case finish 4 and be the richest 4 th place finisher to make final
oops !!
-
I never said to watch that horse. Only that it was a great purchase for The Stable you CHEATIN DUMBASS!! ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
I know what you said.
Still ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 at you even today.
You thought horseplop readers weren't already aware that jailbird was a great purchase and needed to start an entire thread about it.
ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
-
https://youtu.be/hksXtSVfaVA?is=dBETsEVxaNAw6SMZ
-
https://youtu.be/hksXtSVfaVA?is=dBETsEVxaNAw6SMZ
Of particular interest he told wifey that their kids left the top off the wet naps for two days.
Thank you, say no more, I'm receiving top level racing information in real time without question from a genius ngc3
-
Needing to come from far back off a pedestrian trot, EXCUSABLE ngc3
(https://ustrottingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/07/Big-M-2.jpg)
Leaving the lid off, INEXCUSABLE ngc3
(https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMvzHG7iadamJUnOYGYrswYRKJsfadLPFlGOfuorvg5Q&s=10)
-
Heck, I didnt bet him! I never say who I bet or recommend any horse be bet! ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
-
Yes JAILBIRD JOG looks like a great investment depending on fees and cost to race filly. The truth is the cost or what is passed onto the fractional owner. The cost on every horse can be huge as travel, hotels, cost, etc is passed onto the investors. How many horses earn $36,000 plus just in training cost plus vet plus flights plus gas plus travel etc. Even fractional cost can balloon. Do they charge a management fee plus training bill to each trainer? Depending on the cost very few would ever get a return. Holding over any two year old would demand huge losses in trainong back and vet
Has anyone receieved a check in mail or just invoices??.
-
Everyone knew how the filly was going to race. When she's the best that's ok but when you have top drivers and follies then you need to change your mo. Everyone knew her move including me and I am not a professional.
-
very nice horse
she made decent money while in new jersey
however the poor shareholders will only see a little by the time you reduce the fees and expenses etc
also the horse and multiple stable hands and family members were there for almost 2 months, where do those expenses get charged
not suggesting anything nefarious(??) just that there is a lot of expenses before anyone gets any money
getting nothing from the njss final and now the hambo oaks is a big miss of revenue
-
Jailbird Jog is a 3 yr old filly that cost $52,000 and has already banked $430,000..... plus she's worth a bunch of money. I'd be thrilled to own any piece of her no matter what the expenses! ngc3
-
Imagine how much money she would make if someone that knew what they were doing had her
-
Jailbird Jog is a 3 yr old filly that cost $52,000 and has already banked $430,000..... plus she's worth a bunch of money. I'd be thrilled to own any piece of her no matter what the expenses! ngc3
The thing is, she has the speed to blast but I think they raced her from the back because she settled much better. James said he did not think she would make a good 3yo because of her anger but she proved him wrong. Like I said, Had Anthony driven her, she would have made the final because he does not have the patience of James and while that wins him a lot of races, that very thing cost him big time. So it is rather ironic as to what happens because as Anthony said today, He (James is a great driver) and he is not as good, LOL
As an owner be it minority or Hutchison Harness who owns a bigger piece, I feel sorry for them because they got totally fucked
I'm rambling below with a story
I owned a champion trotter in NZ (I got him as my 1st horse when I was 18. He was trotter of the year in the 80's 2 years in a row. He had 66 starts there and galloped in like 30 of them early on. He won 24 races and it took him 10 starts to get his 1st win which was his 1st start behind the gate. The others were standing starts.
He had one fault and that was if he was on the fence in the #2 hole or 3 or 4 back, he refused to take a gap on the inside. He missed in a 70,000 race because he would not take the gap on the inner and near the finish the third horse on his out stopped enough and he absolutely flew and missed by a head. I had told the driver before, go to the lead and do not give it up and he never did because he could go longer distances with the hammer down and never get tired. And the reason he lost that 70,000 race was he lost 40 yards at the start, the race was over 3200 meters (2 miles from a stand) He circled the field (14 horses from last two first in the back stretch with just over a mile to go and the leader saw him coming so he slotted in the two hole behind it. He still had a ton of pace but for that refusal to take the inside.
He's the only trotter I ever owned and the other 10 that I owned were all pacers. Ironically he broke the 2600 meter 1 5/8th (behind the gate) by 4 seconds and went two fifths of a second faster than any pacer had ever run. I got him as a 2 yo, he was abused, left to rot in a paddock, his hooves were like 5 inches longer and he could not walk properly. curbed hocks, bone splints, skin and bone when I got him. It took 3 years to get him right and he raced from 5 to 8 years old,
One funny story was he had lost his first 9 starts as I mentioned above, I saw there was that Maiden at Addington (The best track over there) from the gate. I called the secretary and said I need to get him in. 14 horses and he said, Your horse is about 18th, his form was 11th, 13th, 19th, 12th. I said he need the gate he will win. He said I don't think so, I said well we just had him in a trial from behind the gate at my home track but we had to put him in with free-for-all pacers as that was the only race with a gate. He said well, did le leave the gate well, I said yes, he settled in 8th place on the outer, the driver pulled him half way down the stretch and he beat all the pacers. He thought I was bullshitting him and he made some phone calls and said, You were right, so he got that start and he won and he went off at 8-1.
One final thing, he was by Great Evander (a pacer) who left 149 winners of which 101 trotted and 48 paced, out of a Junior Royal Mare (Junior Royal dead heated with Cardigan Bay (The 1st ever horse to win a million in the USA) so pacers all around but the Great Evander's all trotted and 3 generations back on his mama's side there were a slew of great trotters behind all that pacing blood.
A well known driver over there said to me, you want to get a really fast trotter, breed your trotting mare to a pacing sire at least half a dozen of NZ best trotters were by pacing sires.
-
it is rare that anyone can do what they love and make huge money whether they are successful or not and have someone else pay all the cost for them and their family to travel everywhere and enjoy all the finer points in life!!
I wonder if anyone ever receives revenue from these horses or is it only cost paid my many but is only on small fractional pieces so no one complains. I dont know the structure but we all know a horse earning $30,000 per year is a huge loss let alone the extra coat such as management fees or travel or hotels or food or entry fees or vet or every other cost known to man.
Has anyone ever received a payout on purses or is this just a monthly bill/ liability?
-
it is rare that anyone can do what they love and make huge money whether they are successful or not and have someone else pay all the cost for them and their family to travel everywhere and enjoy all the finer points in life!!
I wonder if anyone ever receives revenue from these horses or is it only cost paid my many but is only on small fractional pieces so no one complains. I dont know the structure but we all know a horse earning $30,000 per year is a huge loss let alone the extra coat such as management fees or travel or hotels or food or entry fees or vet or every other cost known to man.
Has anyone ever received a payout on purses or is this just a monthly bill/ liability?
When one investor asks to buy "into the business", what do you think? There's little to no chance an average horse doesn't cost 40K per year and I suspect the yearlngs that start to race in stakes races cost around 50K-80K. They have accountants, social media people, and I suspect a couple others on the payroll and last time I checked nobody works for free. Add to that his penchant for blood/vet work, sprucing up the barns every year, the open houses where they really show off, the excessive travel in 8 cylinder vehicles on the daily and there's no money going back to investors, save the odd horse like JJog. I don't know why people have an issue with the model, he doesn't point a gun at their heads and things cost money.
-
The model may be perfect. I am not an investor nor have I ever seen the paperwork. Therefore I know nothing. Recently saw the “for entertainment only” which could be argued that you cannot deduct losses on tax returns. That would take away Section 179 acts deductions as well as other deductions. The selling shares online and advertising could deem this as a security with SEC.
The model is perfect for those training, driving, traveling and basically doing what they love on someone else’s quarter. I assume investors are qualified.
No clue. Interesting concept. I assume many accountants, attorneys involved to keep all clean.
If profit is not the motive and entertainment is then could get sticky for investors if investigated. You know the old saying “ innocent until investigated!”
-
A Mac was way too smug in his post video after last weekends debacle and said I have no interest in racing her in the Contential Victory for 30K, Im taking her back to where she belongs in KY to race...as if his shit is too good for the Meadowlands and East Coast. Instead the fool did opposite of what his brother did, he overdrove the horse getting scored to the half in 54/1 parked and wound 4th behind also rans from last weeks Oaks elims. Turns out Jog is just another fraud and certainly no Nezuko Komodo.
-
A Mac was way too smug in his post video after last weekends debacle and said I have no interest in racing her in the Contential Victory for 30K, Im taking her back to where she belongs in KY to race...as if his shit is too good for the Meadowlands and East Coast. Instead the fool did opposite of what his brother did, he overdrove the horse getting scored to the half in 54/1 parked and wound 4th behind also rans from last weeks Oaks elims. Turns out Jog is just another fraud and certainly no Nezuko Komodo.
I agree with the majority of the above. However, it was the right move to go to KY; why would you race for $30k when you believe you can win for $80k?
-
I agree with the majority of the above. However, it was the right move to go to KY; why would you race for $30k when you believe you can win for $80k?
yeah the money was there but it was an odd dig that reeked of him being a sore loser...she belongs in KY and thats where she is going to go..so funny because he didnt say she actually belonged in the Hambo Oaks final...well yeah but she aint winning divisional honors by racing the rest of the way in KY
-
Of all the places she is set up for it’s the Red Mile. It’s almost impossible to not get out in the lane there.
-
This is s very nice filly. Truthfully, at this level she needs raced for checks and use her one move last eigth. James drove her properly each start. She closed each start and was pointed in right direction. Today stung her. Every filly can only take so much. Wonderful filly but needs a patient driver to put in position and give her chance to win last eight. Half in 54 zapped her. She was very leg weary last eight for 4 th. Proper drive and she's charging at wire.
-
oh another 4th place finish out of the money in the KYSS last week and skipping out on going to the Delmonica today...amac is right, she belongs in KY not on the grand circuit
-
Today's video wreaks of panic. Be interesting to see if he can somehow convince his investors to pour money into this years yearling sales.
-
I’m pretty sure if he done a spreadsheet of his 55 yearlings from last yr as of today and their marks and money made it would not look too good. Said in April this was the best bunch of 2 yr olds The Stable has ever had. Without the couple so-so ones he has, this has got to be the worst group without a doult. Looks like he begging his followers to just hang in there. But remember, it’s not about the money… it’s the entertainment. His investors must think when they receive their monthly bill…bend over…at least we are helping Anthony and his family live a high on the hog life on our dime!
-
Not sure how entertaining it is being fleeced and losing money all the time. And I think many are tiring of his act and his questionable judgement. I mean how many do you have to buy off of burke before you say maybe that's not a good idea. His sizeable ego will be his undoing.
-
I think his best 2yr old might be that one that is bred and racing back in PEI. Looks goos so far.
-
You better have the best horse in the jurisdiction like PEI or Michigan with 4000 to 5000 a month training bills
-
You better have the best horse in the jurisdiction like PEI or Michigan with 4000 to 5000 a month training bills
Yea, and the trainer on the Island getting $1200 a week to look after the horse.
-
The horse in PEI would not get a check at Big M in NW 2. Cannot compare quality and numbers of PEI and US. Further, cannot compare 25,000 foals per year t o 5,000 foals per year today. The horses like Nialator and Dragons Lair had horses at their throat the whole mile in fields of 10 and eliminator. Apples and oranges.
-
Nobody that knows anything takes that horse seriously. He's a nice little story down there but he would get destroyed in most other places. But he is a nice story for those involved and that's good for the sport.
-
Nobody that knows anything takes that horse seriously. He's a nice little story down there but he would get destroyed in most other places. But he is a nice story for those involved and that's good for the sport.
97% you are correct
but there's the occasional exception
Mind That Bird was a $9,500 yearling.....that would be like $1,500-$2,000 in standardbred equivalent
-
97% you are correct
but there's the occasional exception
Mind That Bird was a $9,500 yearling.....that would be like $1,500-$2,000 in standardbred equivalent
Todd in the paddock having a coffee and you get that drive on your horse.
-
97% you are correct
but there's the occasional exception
Minde That Bird was a $9,500 yearling.....that would be like $1,500-$2,000 in standardbred equivalent
Fixed it tmbz1
ngc3
-
Agreed. Great for the sport but need to keep investors honestly informed of the truth. These top Colts pace in 48/49 today. Truthfully a fantastic Colt for the maritime. It is possible but very unlikely.