HORSEPLOP.COM
General Category => Harness Racing => Topic started by: stanetelman on July 27, 2026, 04:45:28 PM
-
On July 16, Darin Zoccali posted the following comments from Jeff Gural in the DRF harness digest.
"I believe I am the only track owner who shares revenue from sports betting with the horsemen,"
"Last year the purse subsidy bill included $3.5 million to aid operational costs for the track but so far this year the budget passed eliminated money for operating losses. I expect that to change as I am not wealthy enough to cover the $10 million we expect to lose."
"We have a huge disadvantage being the only major Standardbred track in North America that is operating without slots as a funding source,"
He acknowledges that a casino referendum will not be on the ballot in New Jersey in 2026.
"I am committed to do everything possible to get a referendum on the ballot next year, but first we need the state to once again give Dennis (Drazin from Monmouth Park) and I money to cover operating losses,"
"Our polling shows a casino at the Meadowlands will pass easily."
Darin Zoccali says, "Of course, I don't agree with everything he says and everything the Meadowlands does. When I worked for Jeff, we had disagreements like any employer/employee relationship, I asked him for more money and he refused so I quit."
-
On July 16, Darin Zoccali posted the following comments from Jeff Gural in the DRF harness digest.
"I believe I am the only track owner who shares revenue from sports betting with the horsemen,"
"Last year the purse subsidy bill included $3.5 million to aid operational costs for the track but so far this year the budget passed eliminated money for operating losses. I expect that to change as I am not wealthy enough to cover the $10 million we expect to lose."
"We have a huge disadvantage being the only major Standardbred track in North America that is operating without slots as a funding source,"
He acknowledges that a casino referendum will not be on the ballot in New Jersey in 2026.
"I am committed to do everything possible to get a referendum on the ballot next year, but first we need the state to once again give Dennis (Drazin from Monmouth Park) and I money to cover operating losses,"
"Our polling shows a casino at the Meadowlands will pass easily."
Darin Zoccali says, "Of course, I don't agree with everything he says and everything the Meadowlands does. When I worked for Jeff, we had disagreements like any employer/employee relationship, I asked him for more money and he refused so I quit."
swing and a miss for many plopsters on this one tmbz1
-
On July 16, Darin Zoccali posted the following comments from Jeff Gural in the DRF harness digest.
"I believe I am the only track owner who shares revenue from sports betting with the horsemen,"
"Last year the purse subsidy bill included $3.5 million to aid operational costs for the track but so far this year the budget passed eliminated money for operating losses. I expect that to change as I am not wealthy enough to cover the $10 million we expect to lose."
"We have a huge disadvantage being the only major Standardbred track in North America that is operating without slots as a funding source,"
He acknowledges that a casino referendum will not be on the ballot in New Jersey in 2026.
"I am committed to do everything possible to get a referendum on the ballot next year, but first we need the state to once again give Dennis (Drazin from Monmouth Park) and I money to cover operating losses,"
"Our polling shows a casino at the Meadowlands will pass easily."
Darin Zoccali says, "Of course, I don't agree with everything he says and everything the Meadowlands does. When I worked for Jeff, we had disagreements like any employer/employee relationship, I asked him for more money and he refused so I quit."
You never cease to amaze with your lying....... you are just a sad excuse for a human being!
https://www.drf.com/news/meadowlands-gural-remains-optimistic-about-casino
actual article.
"Darin Zoccali says, "Of course, I don't agree with everything he says and everything the Meadowlands does. When I worked for Jeff, we had disagreements like any employer/employee relationship, I asked him for more money and he refused so I quit."
What Darrin actually said............
"I am consistently amazed at the backlash and lack of support that Jeff Gural faces. Of course, I don't agree with everything he says and everything the Meadowlands does. When I worked for Jeff, we had disagreements like any employer/employee relationship, but that doesn't matter. I don't agree with anyone 100 percent of the time. For 15 years Gural has tried. He has introduced new wager types and has experimented with the video content the Meadowlands puts out. Despite being entirely dependent upon wagering handle, he experimented in a post-time drag reduction, an initiative he knew would cost him money but he wanted to try. He introduced his own out-of-competition testing that he has paid for. Despite no money from slot machine revenue, for 15 years the Meadowlands still carries the largest stakes program in the country. People forget, Gural also owns two other racetracks that would not exist if not for him. Yet, despite all of that, he is somehow met with resistance at every corner.
The industry can constructively criticize decisions the Meadowlands makes if they wish while still providing Gural and the Meadowlands with support. Those two things do not have to be binary. They are trying and should be applauded for their efforts and supported in any way possible."
-
I had the honor of having dinner with Jeff and a mutual friend a few years ago. GREAT GUY!!
-
You never cease to amaze with your lying....... you are just a sad excuse for a human being! 73cv.2 73cv.2 73cv.2
https://www.drf.com/news/meadowlands-gural-remains-optimistic-about-casino
actual article.
"Darin Zoccali says, "Of course, I don't agree with everything he says and everything the Meadowlands does. When I worked for Jeff, we had disagreements like any employer/employee relationship, I asked him for more money and he refused so I quit."
What Darrin actually said............
"I am consistently amazed at the backlash and lack of support that Jeff Gural faces. Of course, I don't agree with everything he says and everything the Meadowlands does. When I worked for Jeff, we had disagreements like any employer/employee relationship, but that doesn't matter. I don't agree with anyone 100 percent of the time. For 15 years Gural has tried. He has introduced new wager types and has experimented with the video content the Meadowlands puts out. Despite being entirely dependent upon wagering handle, he experimented in a post-time drag reduction, an initiative he knew would cost him money but he wanted to try. He introduced his own out-of-competition testing that he has paid for. Despite no money from slot machine revenue, for 15 years the Meadowlands still carries the largest stakes program in the country. People forget, Gural also owns two other racetracks that would not exist if not for him. Yet, despite all of that, he is somehow met with resistance at every corner.
The industry can constructively criticize decisions the Meadowlands makes if they wish while still providing Gural and the Meadowlands with support. Those two things do not have to be binary. They are trying and should be applauded for their efforts and supported in any way possible."
You're the sad excuse, you just can't handle the truth! ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
-
You're the sad excuse, you just can't handle the truth! ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
There is no truth with you........ and it's not funny.
When you purposely change someone's words/meaning it's called Libel.
I am surprised the admin leaves this up because it's CLEARLY a made-up lie/slander.
-
There is no truth with you........ and it's not funny.
When you purposely change someone's words/meaning it's called Libel.
I am surprised the admin leaves this up because it's CLEARLY a made-up lie/slander.
73cv.2 73cv.2 73cv.2 73cv.2 73cv.2 73cv.2 sorry to disappoint you but he did quit over money. ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
-
Stantelelman for years everyone with a brain here knows the sh!t you pull distorting real news with your lampooning, parodying and satire. It's obviously irritating because some of us want to not read in duplicate to get the actual low down.
Now you're double downing dude with not written but happened anyway and insulting.
STFU you stupid Fuck this new you is unbecoming because you're now advertising it's bs and arguing it's correct despite?! ngc3
Successful handicapping and wagering strategists in this forum are not a dime a dozen, I know, I do it too and I ain't one ngc3 but SAW is that good tmbz1
-
I had the honor of having dinner with Jeff and a mutual friend a few years ago. GREAT GUY!!
I totally agree! Jeff is a great guy he's done more for this business than anyone.
-
On July 16, Darin Zoccali posted the following comments from Jeff Gural in the DRF harness digest.
"I believe I am the only track owner who shares revenue from sports betting with the horsemen,"
"Last year the purse subsidy bill included $3.5 million to aid operational costs for the track but so far this year the budget passed eliminated money for operating losses. I expect that to change as I am not wealthy enough to cover the $10 million we expect to lose."
"We have a huge disadvantage being the only major Standardbred track in North America that is operating without slots as a funding source,"
He acknowledges that a casino referendum will not be on the ballot in New Jersey in 2026.
"I am committed to do everything possible to get a referendum on the ballot next year, but first we need the state to once again give Dennis (Drazin from Monmouth Park) and I money to cover operating losses,"
"Our polling shows a casino at the Meadowlands will pass easily."
Darin Zoccali says, "Of course, I don't agree with everything he says and everything the Meadowlands does. When I worked for Jeff, we had disagreements like any employer/employee relationship, I asked him for more money and he refused so I quit."
Darrin and Jeff a good friends of mine,,, we've had a lot of discussion separately about the business. Darin and I have a lot in common since we're both Italian similar upbringing
-
Message from Kathy Hochul, Governor of NY...
Sakit?, what the F is a Sakit or G? or Joseph G? ngc3
Zoom call? ngc3
Tell the F Face who knows everyone, and has lunch no less than 30 times a week with everyone that is "important" to get the F away from me and stay the F away from me ngc3
-
I had the honor of having dinner with Jeff and a mutual friend a few years ago. GREAT GUY!!
As long as the government handouts are flowing, harness racing will be in decline. The fans/customers are irrelevant to the horsemen and the racino owners consider racing a necessary evil that they are stuck with.
-
As long as the government handouts are flowing, harness racing will be in decline. The fans/customers are irrelevant to the horsemen and the racino owners consider racing a necessary evil that they are stuck with.
you're obviously not racing at the right tracks. If your horse stays sound and your classified properly you can't help but make money at the right racetrack
-
you're obviously not racing at the right tracks. If your horse stays sound and your classified properly you can't help but make money at the right racetrack
The money is GOVERNMENT HANDOUTS not money from customers. In PA a $10,000 purse would be less than $1,500 without the HANDOUTS.
-
The money is GOVERNMENT HANDOUTS not money from customers. In PA a $10,000 purse would be less than $1,500 without the HANDOUTS.
it's called business Kenny. They're not government handouts,, you can't have a casino without a racetrack it's the price of doing business.
-
it's called business Kenny. They're not government handouts,, you can't have a casino without a racetrack it's the price of doing business.
That is false. That is a government stipulation that can disappear with a signature. I would love to see it put to a referendum of the VOTERS most of whom could care less about racing. There is nothing about a casino that needs a racetrack. In fact, casinos would be better off without racetracks because they could use all that land for more valuable businesses. A few slot machines taking up a few square feet can make as much revenue as all that racetrack land. You need to wake up!
-
He's too dumb to realize the casinos would make alot more money if they weren't giving some of it away to the racetracks.
-
He's too dumb to realize the casinos would make alot more money if they weren't giving some of it away to the racetracks.
If each state allowed decoupling, how many casinos would keep racing? The racing business is a loser for the casinos. They only keep it because they are forced to. That could easily change.
-
He's too dumb to realize the casinos would make alot more money if they weren't giving some of it away to the racetracks.
You're too dumb to realize that racetracks provide huge support to casinos. Or that the horse racing industry provides billions of dollars to the states.
-
You're too dumb to realize that racetracks provide huge support to casinos. Or that the horse racing industry provides billions of dollars to the states.
Show us some figures to back up your claim of billions or did you just make that up?
-
You're too dumb to realize that racetracks provide huge support to casinos. Or that the horse racing industry provides billions of dollars to the states.
You are too dumb to learn the facts. First, casinos lose money on the race tracks. Pass decoupling and the tracks are gone. Second, the government gives BILLIONS in handouts to the racing industry. Take that same money and use it to reduce tax or spend it on schools or infrastructure and you get a bigger return AND the people actually want those things. It is amazing how you can be so in the dark.
-
Show us some figures to back up your claim of billions or did you just make that up?
The only place those figures exist is in his head. In PA, over 85% of the purses come from handouts not handle. It is the same in most other states. How would the people who own horses do if a $10,000 was $1,500? That is the real magnitude of the situation.
-
You're too dumb to realize that racetracks provide huge support to casinos. Or that the horse racing industry provides billions of dollars to the states.
Agreed,,, you’re wasting your breath with these peons