HORSEPLOP.COM
General Category => Harness Racing => Topic started by: Mr Og on July 25, 2026, 11:30:41 PM
-
In Race 12 (the 5th leg of the Survivor 7 and 3rd leg of the Pick 4), they suddenly announce a driver change in R12 on the #1 from Salvatore Lombardo, a 2% driver with a UDR of .073 to Scott Zeron and the horse jogs.
Absolutely absurd!!!!!!
-
I was live to the 125 in last leg. Were only gonna be a few live tickets left if the 4 had won race 12.
-
I had 4,6 in R12. Nobody was using the 1 with Salvatore Lombardo!
-
Of course a 3% trainer combiner w 2% driving totally unusable but upgrade to a Top Ten driver his lines made him usable with a competent driver.
-
did they say why the original driver was removed
-
Sounds like complete shenanigans, and I’m sure several people were in on it prior to bets being made.
-
Why not make that driver change if available
-
It's actually a breach of the criminal code by not providing accurate information and making a blind market and accepting international money.
-
I did that one night at Western Fair.
Can’t recall the reason but I didn’t want Colin Kelly driving my horse.
Told the trainer to do a driver change.
Judges said it would be a $100 fine.
I said..no problem, I’ll pay it just to get him off the horse.
-
Did they put a provisional driver up on your horse?
-
One night I was in the last race(13) and my driver left after the 12th sick. Paddock judge calls me in to tell me I need a driver just 3 minutes before post parade.
Now its the last race and not hardly anyone available. I ran into the drivers room and found 1 guy that had about 10 lifetime drives and he was there to just warm horses up. He was it! Horse was program favorite
Went off at 8 to 1 and won by 5.
Go figure!
-
Why not make that driver change if available
EXACTLY! ngc3 ngc3
-
did they say why the original driver was removed
Why would they do that? They extremely rarely give the reason.
-
Someone lost $2? ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
-
The question is what would have happened if no other way around? Top tier driver comes off and only lower tier available. Would they scratch the horse? Or what?
-
Perhaps there was an injury or a drink and a half.
This game has alot of 'twists and turns'
Def feel for horseplayers on the short end of that change. Deserve better info...and hey, why not create new category. You get racetime favorite if THAT happens again.
-
That driver change was announced after the second race. Plenty of time to change your bet.
-
That is BS & why the public has walked away. Any idiot would know it is wrong. Judges & track management have an obligation to the bettors.
-
That driver change was announced after the second race. Plenty of time to change your bet.
If that happened there is no problem.
-
If that happened there is no problem.
ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
-
That driver change was announced after the second race. Plenty of time to change your bet.
It was still listed as original driver on the adw. The culpability mainly lies with them for not updating the drivers.
-
The question is what would have happened if no other way around? Top tier driver comes off and only lower tier available. Would they scratch the horse? Or what?
No, in the 4th race Dunn was replaced by Patrick Ryder, (granted Chris Ryder is trainer)
5th race Dunn was replaced by Jonthan Ahle.
Both are significant downgrades....... ...
-
Lot of angry gamblers and the multi-race payoffs prove it. No one had that horse
-
Exactly. That rule is never enforced that I know of.
-
First of all Dexter Dunn listed in those races we’re takin off because he was late from coming from the meadows in Pennsylvania. The only reason I could see and I don’t have the means to look it up is this driver listed that was taken off and Scott zeron drove shouldn’t have been listed program error. I certainly never saw or heard of this person so I don’t know
-
Once again some degenerate lost 2 dollars trying to bet every race in NA Never bothered to look at Big M changes to see Scotty was listed after the 2nd.
-
What a fucking joke suspicious driver change