HORSEPLOP.COM
General Category => Harness Racing => Topic started by: The Answer on July 18, 2026, 03:16:54 PM
-
Brian Sears is listed on two horses for Hunter Oaks Tuesday at Pocono!
-
Must need some titty money. tmbz1
-
the crooked drug addict should be banned
-
Maybe he's considering buying in, who the F knows, but he mentioned he might drive again after those qualifiers.
Let's see what he looks like on the track.
BS you silly monkey ngc3
(https://media0.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExZnZuOHE3Y3F4bHhrMXowODlmZm8yZTFuYXkyamM1MHcycGoxZWZsOCZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZfYnlfaWQmY3Q9Zw/JTButG8vL0dMs/giphy.gif)
-
Sears was far from his prime...when he stopped driving. I hope he is not a shell of himself.
-
I didn't realize Sears Robuck was back?
-
is this the john moody that could not feed his horses
-
is this the john moody that could not feed his horses
The same one who wasn’t allowed on the backside at Pompano?!
-
holy shit....is this guy a dink?
-
is this the john moody that could not feed his horses
Only if you believe in Santa and the Easter 🐰
-
Doesn’t seem logical
-
If he comes back he will restart with top class and Stake Race drives, so why not "scratch the itch"? It's not like it's going to cost him anything! I hope he does !
-
Brian is a great guy an asset to the business
-
I suppose you had lunch with him too.
-
I suppose you had lunch with him too.
ngc3
...and the governor ngc3
-
Brian is a great guy an asset to the business
100%%% He is EXCELLENT for this sport. Hard Working, Talented and Professional. We all hold him in high regard!
-
He may just be driving these 2 horses because they're young trotters who he may own a piece of. He's now 58 years old and getting live Grand Circuit drives would be difficult especially since Marcus Melander now uses Dexter Dunn as his #1 driver and Zeron #2. I'd be really surprised if he actually makes a comeback.
-
How long has Sears been away from harness racing? When I owned those very bad horses at Pompano Park, Jay Sears was president of the FSBOA then. Are they related?
-
How long has Sears been away from harness racing? When I owned those very bad horses at Pompano Park, Jay Sears was president of the FSBOA then. Are they related?
I think he has been away about 4 years. Jay was his father...
-
I think he has been away about 4 years. Jay was his father...
I gotta tell ya, Jay was very nice to me and my two partners. He guided us to a trainer, farrier, and a vet. We were really "green" about owning horses and he advised us early about getting involved.
-
I gotta tell ya, Jay was very nice to me and my two partners. He guided us to a trainer, farrier, and a vet. We were really "green" about owning horses and he advised us early about getting involved.
Yup! Brian learned things the right way.
-
Sears in the winner's circle again, Jenny and Marty were there.
-
https://www.facebook.com/share/r/1BkvmAW3KJ/
-
Yup! Brian learned things the right way.
his grandfather gene was a well respected horseman also.
-
Always super talented. Like many he has his demons. Glad to see him back in the bike.
-
He likely owns some of those. Hunter had some young ones he trained down last winter for him. Good fortune for Hunter though! I'd take Sears on any of mine any day I could get him. It always sucks to have nice youngsters who get shuffled around constantly with drivers. Some of these guys dont think twice about gutting one to get the win.
-
Congrats Brian and welcome back! It will be interesting to see if its a small time gig or if hes looking to drive a bit more. My guess is he isnt looking to do the daily grind but maybe just have a little fun. I always thought he was way to young to "retire" same with Pierce! Losing those two as regulars hurts! Anyways with that said you have to enjoy life and their is more to life than just horse racing. Thats exactly why I've slowed down on the amount of them I own. Not only that but the fun just isn't the same anymore. Anyways welcome back Brian! No surprises that its with a win on your first day
-
Pierce retired because of recurring back issues, Sears was only 55 and perfectly healthy, probably was burned out.
-
Pierce retired because if recurring back issues, Sears was only 55 and perfectly healthy, probably was burned out.
Sears said an interview yesterday he was burned out by the traveling.. he’s qualifying one of his own today for Hunter Oaks. Hunter needed a driver for the two yesterday.
-
Pierce retired because of recurring back issues, Sears was only 55 and perfectly healthy, probably was burned out.
I heard the same, he was burnt out...Also was very smart with his money
-
Worked for Grandpa Gene in the mid-70’s at Vernon Downs. Nice family.
-
All the Sears threads have fallen. BUMP
Congrats to Brian on an easy score. The small sample is not enough to see what Sears has left.
-
maybe pencil in Hambo day? He's better than most. Melander might have an extra mount.