HORSEPLOP.COM

General Category => Harness Racing => Topic started by: captaintreacherous on July 12, 2026, 07:15:23 AM

Title: Quit betting (my $2) on all Horse Racing
Post by: captaintreacherous on July 12, 2026, 07:15:23 AM
Havent bet in over a month.
Still watch a few races but no wagering anymore.
The game has completely changed and with the
standard 20-28% Juice rake off every bet it just
is a poor gamble....
You have to lose....
Great game...just poor Returns.
I thought I used to be a decent handicapper....
now...the best horse goes off at 1-5 ,2-5 or 1-9
most of the time.
Between the drugs being used.....a select group
of trainers seem to always have very high win %'s
and with the occasional race set ups and no tries I cannot
win any significant $.

The only players making a decent living are the high end
trainers..and maybe a dozen drivers, Dunn being
the best by far.
Title: Re: Quit betting (my $2) on all Horse Racing
Post by: captaintreacherous on July 12, 2026, 07:17:56 AM
PS.     And now a new wrinkle....


    Toss in the CAW Groups that get rebates far and above
    what you and I could possibly get...and get to
    wager ..quite possibly after the race starts.

     I am going to Texas on Horse Betting....



          El Paso


(as Harvey Pack used to say)
Title: Re: Quit betting (my $2) on all Horse Racing
Post by: Kirby's Ace on July 12, 2026, 11:34:50 AM
I would check with SWEET.

He's got a great system on how to go through a roll of dimes in no time!

 tmbz1
Title: Re: Quit betting (my $2) on all Horse Racing
Post by: dougie on July 12, 2026, 02:01:18 PM
Havent bet in over a month.
Still watch a few races but no wagering anymore.
The game has completely changed and with the
standard 20-28% Juice rake off every bet it just
is a poor gamble....
You have to lose....
Great game...just poor Returns.
I thought I used to be a decent handicapper....
now...the best horse goes off at 1-5 ,2-5 or 1-9
most of the time.

Between the drugs being used.....a select group
of trainers seem to always have very high win %'s
and with the occasional race set ups and no tries I cannot
win any significant $.

The only players making a decent living are the high end
trainers..and maybe a dozen drivers, Dunn being
the best by far.
I start every new year with a $5000 bankroll. And that's it! I try and stay disciplined and bet 5-10 races over a weekend. Most weeks I average about 5. I follow certain trainers and look for some kind of value with each wager. I learned from an gambler named Scott McMannis that if you bet every race (or a lot of them) you will probably, in the long run be unsuccessful at the windows. So I try and stay disciplined and pick my spots. Like today, I only have one bet going. I'll watch certain tracks and follow the "trips" certains horses have and make notes on my Equibase account. With 5 straight losing bets before yesterday's lone winner, my bankroll stands at $7998.00. But this Saratoga meet is almost as tough as Keenelands. So.....time will tells when summer ends at the SPA! LOL!
Title: Re: Quit betting (my $2) on all Horse Racing
Post by: captaintreacherous on July 12, 2026, 08:08:55 PM
sounds good...but if I do that much work they have to pay me $40,000 to $60,000
Title: Re: Quit betting (my $2) on all Horse Racing
Post by: seen2much on July 12, 2026, 08:57:32 PM
Winter racing has some prices. Even then you are up against the CAWS. 
Mohawk is a chalkfest on most nights. There are better things to do with my time and money.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal