HORSEPLOP.COM

General Category => Harness Racing => Topic started by: toothman on July 05, 2026, 07:24:50 PM

Title: Drive last night in Pace elimination that I just dont understand.....
Post by: toothman on July 05, 2026, 07:24:50 PM
I'm watching R7 elimination race, paying attention to the 8 horse Obliterate driven by Patrick Ryder for Chris.
At odds of 35-1 he left to the top and got shuffled to fourth at the half.
In a race where all you have to do is finish 5th to make the final, is pulling first over against Brandon Boulevard the wise choice?
Yes, i bet my two dollars.
Title: Re: Drive last night in Pace elimination that I just dont understand.....
Post by: trottingstud on July 05, 2026, 07:28:46 PM
better yet he only had to finish 7th. only 3 horses had byes.
Title: Re: Drive last night in Pace elimination that I just dont understand.....
Post by: MIKE CAMPBELL on July 05, 2026, 07:43:27 PM
I'm watching R7 elimination race, paying attention to the 8 horse Obliterate driven by Patrick Ryder for Chris.
At odds of 35-1 he left to the top and got shuffled to fourth at the half.
In a race where all you have to do is finish 5th to make the final, is pulling first over against Brandon Boulevard the wise choice?
Yes, i bet my two dollars.
You're questioning a move by Patrick Ryder?  ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
Title: Re: Drive last night in Pace elimination that I just dont understand.....
Post by: Call Sign Merlin on July 05, 2026, 08:44:26 PM
Inexperience and panic - he felt the shuffle coming and McCarthy baited him into the flush.  A more experienced and/or better driver would have just sat and tried to get to the final

This does highlight an issue I saw on Saturday.  Being 1-4 on the wood at the opening quarter meant you were going to be buried by the half.  The flow in these races starts early and guys are aggressive to clear. With the way the front end held up you just aren’t going to make up enough from the backfield.

I think you see a 52 half on Saturday
 
Title: Re: Drive last night in Pace elimination that I just dont understand.....
Post by: Harness racer on July 06, 2026, 05:58:06 AM
I feel he makes the final if he just sits.  But the owners put up some cash just to get in and I guess he panicked.  I posted before the race wondering how he would fuck it up.  And he really just did for himself.  He should have never been in this type of race.   He's not ready for the pressure and quick decision making that is required.
Title: Re: Drive last night in Pace elimination that I just dont understand.....
Post by: Call Sign Merlin on July 06, 2026, 11:08:20 AM
I feel he makes the final if he just sits.  But the owners put up some cash just to get in and I guess he panicked.  I posted before the race wondering how he would fuck it up.  And he really just did for himself.  He should have never been in this type of race.   He's not ready for the pressure and quick decision making that is required.

Pry screwed it up for Zeron who ended up 3rd over instead of 2nd as he was in the process of flushing McCarthy.  The way Sweet Lovin Lou came home if he was a bit closer at the top of the stretch it may have been a bit more interesting
Title: Re: Drive last night in Pace elimination that I just dont understand.....
Post by: toothman on July 06, 2026, 12:48:15 PM
I feel he makes the final if he just sits.  But the owners put up some cash just to get in and I guess he panicked.  I posted before the race wondering how he would fuck it up.  And he really just did for himself.  He should have never been in this type of race.   He's not ready for the pressure and quick decision making that is required.

 tmbz1
Title: Re: Drive last night in Pace elimination that I just dont understand.....
Post by: toothman on July 06, 2026, 12:49:31 PM
Pry screwed it up for Zeron who ended up 3rd over instead of 2nd as he was in the process of flushing McCarthy.  The way Sweet Lovin Lou came home if he was a bit closer at the top of the stretch it may have been a bit more interesting

definitely
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal