Author Topic: A pretty interesting site.  (Read 2678 times)

dougie

• Top Claimer
A pretty interesting site.
« on: April 16, 2024, 02:03:29 PM »
It's really fun watching everyone answer each other on this site. What is obvious to me is that you all seem to know each other on here. I have to assume that many of you are either owners, trainers, or drivers in harness racing. Or maybe former members in the industry. I must admit that I don't know all the people using "aliases" or "intials", but the conversation is pretty interesting. You all seem to know so much about each others life. I owned 4 cheap claimers in the early 80's, but have always been a fan. And although me and my partners lost their shirts, we did have fun. And met some great people! I'm not a fan of the hateful rhetoric spewed at times. But that goes with the 1st amendment. I've decided it's better not to engage. To each their own.

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
Re: A pretty interesting site.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2024, 02:31:01 PM »
What is obvious to me is that you all seem to know each other on here.
Obvious to you maybe.  I assure you that very few are known to each other on a personal level. Otherwise why would the all knowing GCM or SCM who spends what little money he has to find out who people are, would be constantly railing about the "cowards" who post under pseudonyms?

bello

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2024, 02:34:04 PM »
Good points Dougie. Here is the thing with Horseplop. It used to be a hot bed of Jew Hate. A year ago it took a turn for the better so I came back.

This morning I went to my Grandson's model Seder in his Kindergarten class at Jewish School. He wondered why there were three armed policemen outside his school this year. The world has changed, or has it? It was abbeatiful experience seeing 5 and 6 year olds embrace the holiday and their judaism.

Which brings us to horseplop. I appreciated your disgust yesterday with the unfortunate fairly large number of haters on the sight. I also greatly appreciate some of the fine people on the sight who added poignant points of view. .

I agree on free speech. Let anyone say what they want. Talking back to some of these haters that behind their fake names is like talking to the wall though. Cowards, oussies and losers.

Personally, I would think the admin would take charge and keep this a place to discuss racing. Let the venomous hate proponent's find another sight. My guess nothing will be done and it will become the trash site it used to be.

If you continue to post here just ignore the morons. I for one elect to move on. I post selections at time at paceadvantage.com under the name Boomer. They also have good racing discussions,  mostly thoroughbred though. I recall you also like the Tbreds. They do have a small harness section.
There is a very lively political section with diverse opinions, but hate speech is not allowed.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 02:35:38 PM by bello »

dougie

• Top Claimer
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2024, 02:35:39 PM »
You could be right Thorn. But it seems that many know "secrets" about each other as their conversations degrade to insults.

dougie

• Top Claimer
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2024, 02:41:49 PM »
Bello, I am taking your advise and ignoring the "Jew hate", i've read recently. And you are further correct when you point out the world has changed. I'm sure the vile hate we have seen has always simmered under the surface with the "haters" on here, but it took this recent crisis to get them going. I will look into paceadvantage.com . I love both harness racing and the thoroughbreds too!

dougie

• Top Claimer
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2024, 02:47:03 PM »
Bello, I just joined PaceAdvantage.com . Thanks!

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2024, 02:52:35 PM »
You could be right Thorn. But it seems that many know "secrets" about each other as their conversations degrade to insults.
OK but you have to realize that 90 percent of those "secrets" are BS trying to get a rise out of the other (s).  Just a big game of who can be the most obnoxious.  This site is named horseplop for a reason.

What bugs me is the same people coming back over and over after getting banded with new names, and barely even disguise who they were the first time.

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2024, 03:38:10 PM »
When you cannot respond to legitimate criticism of the Zionists, you just cry Anti-Semite.

Your elected leaders and cabinet members promote the systematic discrimination and removal of Palestinians.

You're pathetic and laughable.

Newt Lobell

• 4 claimer
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2024, 03:41:13 PM »
When you cannot respond to legitimate criticism of the Zionists, you just cry Anti-Semite.

Your elected leaders and cabinet members promote the systematic discrimination and removal of Palestinians.

Calhoun is dead right here. Why do you suppose college students across America are standing up for the Palestinian people?

dougie

• Top Claimer
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2024, 03:58:19 PM »
Thorn, I'm not sure why people would be nasty or mean just to get 'a rise out of each other". I mean, what do they hope to accomplish? Maybe it's a contest who can be more obnoxious. Has the admins ever really banned anyone from the group?

ROOSTER COGBURN

• Open / FFA
  • A ROOSTER by any other name is just A COCK.
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2024, 08:45:34 PM »
Good points Dougie. Here is the thing with Horseplop. It used to be a hot bed of Jew Hate. A year ago it took a turn for the better so I came back.

This morning I went to my Grandson's model Seder in his Kindergarten class at Jewish School. He wondered why there were three armed policemen outside his school this year. The world has changed, or has it? It was abbeatiful experience seeing 5 and 6 year olds embrace the holiday and their judaism.

Which brings us to horseplop. I appreciated your disgust yesterday with the unfortunate fairly large number of haters on the sight. I also greatly appreciate some of the fine people on the sight who added poignant points of view. .

I agree on free speech. Let anyone say what they want. Talking back to some of these haters that behind their fake names is like talking to the wall though. Cowards, oussies and losers.

Personally, I would think the admin would take charge and keep this a place to discuss racing. Let the venomous hate proponent's find another sight. My guess nothing will be done and it will become the trash site it used to be.

If you continue to post here just ignore the morons. I for one elect to move on. I post selections at time at paceadvantage.com under the name Boomer. They also have good racing discussions,  mostly thoroughbred though. I recall you also like the Tbreds. They do have a small harness section.
There is a very lively political section with diverse opinions, but hate speech is not allowed.
Bring back XYZ the netanyahu
Waiting for XYZ's grandiose return to his adoring fans. Its what the people want...

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2024, 08:54:17 PM »
Funny how XYZ's last post was the 28th of Feb. and you joined March 1st. I guess you really do miss yourself!
In the words of SCM,,I GOTTA EAT!

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2024, 08:57:14 PM »
i like the 3 in the third race

seen2much

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2024, 09:45:09 PM »
The site is interesting & has some good info. The hate is why i only post occasionally. I don't want to go back & forth.

R Kelly

• 4 claimer
  • PISS ON YOU
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2024, 01:51:43 AM »
I don’t hate anyone but the Jews are really bad people. Now before you go off on me, I’m not saying all Jews. And there are many other racing sites to join and I’ve joined also but they are in no way as busy as horseplop. I don’t like the back and forth crap but hey there is nothing wrong with debating your point. When it come to harness racing sites nobody compares to horseplop. And yes a lot of people know each other.
I believe I can fly...... out of prison soon

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal