Author Topic: Meadowlands on FS1 & FS2 this weekend  (Read 1484 times)

stanetelman

• Stakes Horse
Meadowlands on FS1 & FS2 this weekend
« on: May 18, 2023, 06:17:14 PM »
Big M management is looking forward to the national exposure.
“It’s always an honor to share the stage with Churchill Downs on one of their rare Friday night programs,” said Meadowlands’ Chief Operating Officer and General Manager Jason Settlemoir. “The Friday dual simulcast comes on the heels of the Meadowlands not breaking $3 million dollars in handle last Friday."

“Being a part of America’s Day at the Races gives The Meadowlands and Standardbred racing an enormous opportunity to drag out our program to a very large new audience that really doesn't care about harness racing.”

From Meadowlands Media Relations

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
  • Part Human, Part Machine, Better Part Canine
Re: Meadowlands on FS1 & FS2 this weekend
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2023, 06:22:23 PM »
Big M management is looking forward to the national exposure.
“It’s always an honor to share the stage with Churchill Downs on one of their rare Friday night programs,” said Meadowlands’ Chief Operating Officer and General Manager Jason Settlemoir. “The Friday dual simulcast comes on the heels of the Meadowlands not breaking $3 million dollars in handle last Friday."

Being a part of America’s Day at the Races gives The Meadowlands and Standardbred racing an enormous opportunity to drag out our program to a very large new audience that really doesn't care about harness racing.

From Meadowlands Media Relations

ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

How for those don't care, they're gonna hold guns to their family members heads?  LOL you don't hold the teeny weeny under-card after the main event!  BIG DUHHH!   ;D
It's Official!

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 08:50:38 PM »
Ake has 3 in cutler trot. Whats his strategy? I say hes focused on giving rattle my cage a good trip.

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2023, 09:19:20 PM »
Ake has 3 in cutler trot. Whats his strategy? I say hes focused on giving rattle my cage a good trip.

I have to handicap the race but a horse in my virtual stable I received a race reminder for, the #1 Venerate is someone I had hopes for.  Hope for the hopeless LOL.   ;D
It's Official!

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2023, 09:52:36 PM »
Venerate looks very live to me.

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2023, 11:55:37 AM »
Email sent (today 5/19/23) to Jeff Gural and Rachel Ryan, BigM, Marketing Manager:

11:53 AM (0 minutes ago)

to raryan, Jeffrey

I had an idea, not sure if feasible, and if so, something that would even be considered....has been done before as I know it inter-harness racing and at the BigM and Yonkers.

However Miss Ryan was kind enough to return my call recently and try to settle down us "bangers" who are hard to satisfy mainly because we gamble lol, we're nuts, but it's fun, and while insulting and vicious, and clamoring for days of old and seeking to blame and spotlight anyone who gets in our proverbial crosshairs including y'all - doesn't mean we can't try to find solutions together!

Again if it can be done, branding the BigM to have the t-bred big classic race cross over wagers with the BigM.  Like say for the Belmont stakes matched with a very nice say FFA, Stakes Final race at the BigM in the form of a DD?  It seems a bit more organic and makes your track part of the MAIN EVENT!

I included Miss Ryan herein, she's inspiring,like yourself working like a beast and not catching sun rays and retiring in Florida with your counterparts, maybe she doesn't realize she's therapeutic to the crazy gamblers lol, and you've always been transparent and communicative and doing what's best for your interests while trying to better the game at a handicap to your competition.  VGL to You Both and Your Team.

Thanks,

Paul
It's Official!

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2023, 11:14:34 AM »
Email sent (today 5/19/23) to Jeff Gural and Rachel Ryan, BigM, Marketing Manager:

11:53 AM (0 minutes ago)

to raryan, Jeffrey

I had an idea, not sure if feasible, and if so, something that would even be considered....has been done before as I know it inter-harness racing and at the BigM and Yonkers.

However Miss Ryan was kind enough to return my call recently and try to settle down us "bangers" who are hard to satisfy mainly because we gamble lol, we're nuts, but it's fun, and while insulting and vicious, and clamoring for days of old and seeking to blame and spotlight anyone who gets in our proverbial crosshairs including y'all - doesn't mean we can't try to find solutions together!

Again if it can be done, branding the BigM to have the t-bred big classic race cross over wagers with the BigM.  Like say for the Belmont stakes matched with a very nice say FFA, Stakes Final race at the BigM in the form of a DD?  It seems a bit more organic and makes your track part of the MAIN EVENT!

I included Miss Ryan herein, she's inspiring,like yourself working like a beast and not catching sun rays and retiring in Florida with your counterparts, maybe she doesn't realize she's therapeutic to the crazy gamblers lol, and you've always been transparent and communicative and doing what's best for your interests while trying to better the game at a handicap to your competition.  VGL to You Both and Your Team.

Thanks,

Paul

BigM response to me:

May 19, 2023, 2:29 PM (20 hours ago)

to Jeffrey, me, Rachel

It’s possible. The other tracks would need to grant us permission and the NJRC would need to approve. Something to look into for the future. Good idea!

Sincerely,

Jason M. Settlemoir

COO/General Manager - Meadowlands Racing & Entertainment, Winners OTW
Regional Vice President - Racing, Simulcast, Sponsorships - Tioga Downs, Vernon Downs
Meadowlands Racing & Entertainment | 1 Racetrack Drive | East Rutherford, NJ 07073
(O) 201-460-4025 | www.playmeadowlan ds.com

_________________ ________

My responses:

(5/20/23) 10:54 AM (18 minutes ago)

to Jason, Jeffrey, Rachel

Just to tie the proverbial bow on this suggestion, after sending y'all the suggestion yesterday, I spoke with "Donald "Donny" Nelson for about 25 minutes, who is my point of contact at NYRA BETS as a customer, in essence at NYRA Miss Ryan's counterpart, also a friend of mine, and he explained the complexities, I thought of CONTESTS as well on the call (Miss Ryan inspiration), he said that their track by rules / law would have to have at least 1/2 the races in that.  The challenge for them is NYRA BETS customers living in NY being precluded by an arbitrary NYS gaming code/rule/law for the inter tracks suggested bet, which he wants to see changed as well.  You folks have the Hambo, and other monumental races too obviously to bring into a partnership like this, or with any track.

Donny is from the west coast, been down here since 2009, now owns in horse partnerships too, I know of at least one harness horse, and the dude just recently moved too very close to the BigM from another point in NJ - in his life has never been to your track, crazy, told him to get there ASAP and check it out and enjoy!

Have a great, successful, safe weekend!

Paul
________

(5/20/23 from me to them) 11:09 AM (2 minutes ago)

Donny just texted me, Joe Longo, General Manager, NCMS is the executive that would oversee cross track wagers on behalf of NYRA.

It's Official!

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2023, 08:15:52 PM »
A zillion years ago New York OTB had a Double Exacta. Last race at NYRA track with a middle of the card Roosevelt or Yonkers race. It was very popular at the time.

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2023, 08:43:56 PM »
BigM response to me:

May 19, 2023, 2:29 PM (20 hours ago)

to Jeffrey, me, Rachel

It’s possible. The other tracks would need to grant us permission and the NJRC would need to approve. Something to look into for the future. Good idea!

Sincerely,

Jason M. Settlemoir

COO/General Manager - Meadowlands Racing & Entertainment, Winners OTW
Regional Vice President - Racing, Simulcast, Sponsorships - Tioga Downs, Vernon Downs
Meadowlands Racing & Entertainment | 1 Racetrack Drive | East Rutherford, NJ 07073
(O) 201-460-4025 | www.playmeadowlan ds.com

_________________ ________

My responses:

(5/20/23) 10:54 AM (18 minutes ago)

Just to tie the proverbial bow on this suggestion, after sending y'all the suggestion yesterday, I spoke with "Donald "Donny" Nelson for about 25 minutes, who is my point of contact at NYRA BETS as a customer, in essence at NYRA Miss Ryan's counterpart, also a friend of mine, and he explained the complexities, I thought of CONTESTS as well on the call (Miss Ryan inspiration), he said that their track by rules / law would have to have at least 1/2 the races in that.  The challenge for them is NYRA BETS customers living in NY being precluded by an arbitrary NYS gaming code/rule/law for the inter tracks suggested bet, which he wants to see changed as well.  You folks have the Hambo, and other monumental races too obviously to bring into a partnership like this, or with any track.

Donny is from the west coast, been down here since 2009, now owns in horse partnerships too, I know of at least one harness horse, and the dude just recently moved too very close to the BigM from another point in NJ - in his life has never been to your track, crazy, told him to get there ASAP and check it out and enjoy!

Have a great, successful, safe weekend!

Paul
________

(5/20/23 from me to them) 11:09 AM (2 minutes ago)

Donny just texted me, Joe Longo, General Manager, NCMS is the executive that would oversee cross track wagers on behalf of NYRA.

Email response from Jeff Gural:

(052023) 1:13 PM (7 hours ago)

to me, Jason, Rachel
Faraldo blocks any attempt to change the law we have tried

Sent from my iPad

It's Official!

shotgunner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2023, 08:54:43 PM »
Am I the only one that thinks that they misplaced the 3/4s pole and the 3rd quarter is a little long and the 4th quarter is short?

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    May 13, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes it still offers that same cool sensation.
    May 12, 2024, 09:49:40 AM
  • SwankToliverA: Rooster- ppl still use Noxzema?
    May 11, 2024, 03:34:17 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal