Author Topic: John Hernan at Freehold Raceway  (Read 3220 times)

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
John Hernan at Freehold Raceway
« on: December 30, 2023, 05:59:56 PM »
It was nice hearing John Hernan calling the races at Freehold today. I always liked the zip he put into his race calling. He is much better than the regular announcer Freehold employs. By the way did Yonkers ever settle on a permanent announcer?

Bogeyman

• NW-1
Re: John Hernan at Freehold Raceway
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2023, 11:04:38 PM »
Hernan worked in the booth both days this weekend at Freehold.  I agree, he does a nice job calling the races, doesn't overstate or understate the races he calls.
I would love to see him get his old spot back at Yonkers.  There is no way he can be making a living working occasionally at Freehold or the seasonal job at Ocean Downs.  Whatever happened at Yonkers needs to be resolved and get him back there fulltime for both parties.
Since he left there the announcing at Yonkers has been hard to take many nights. 

moelarrythecheese

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2023, 10:06:06 AM »
Very good race caller.

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2023, 10:10:38 AM »
Hernan worked in the booth both days this weekend at Freehold.  I agree, he does a nice job calling the races, doesn't overstate or understate the races he calls.
I would love to see him get his old spot back at Yonkers.  There is no way he can be making a living working occasionally at Freehold or the seasonal job at Ocean Downs.  Whatever happened at Yonkers needs to be resolved and get him back there fulltime for both parties.
Since he left there the announcing at Yonkers has been hard to take many nights.

Associate judge at Rosecroft as well
In the words of SCM,,I GOTTA EAT!

Locked in with pace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2023, 11:14:33 AM »
Loves to call a horse " on the left or right line". Curious why he doesn't say they are "hitting their knees"

whiteplains

• 4 claimer
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2023, 02:17:16 PM »
The complexion of his career has changed

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2023, 05:44:17 PM »
The complexion of his career has changed

Going thru some tuff times since his wife took the dogs and left.

I wish him well!
In the words of SCM,,I GOTTA EAT!

harnessplop

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2024, 06:37:14 AM »
His daughter was killed tragically in California, she was hot by a guy running from the police. She was only 26 ...terrible

Bogeyman

• NW-1
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2024, 08:49:55 AM »
Given the situation, I hope, as an employe, Yonkers was understanding of what he was/is going through.  If he left on his own for a change of scenery that's one thing, but if Yonkers let him go - that's another situation entirely.  He was still there every night doing his job through last May I believe.  Hopefully, it was his decision that he needed a change.

sledge hammer

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2024, 12:17:01 PM »
Given the situation, I hope, as an employe, Yonkers was understanding of what he was/is going through.  If he left on his own for a change of scenery that's one thing, but if Yonkers let him go - that's another situation entirely.  He was still there every night doing his job through last May I believe.  Hopefully, it was his decision that he needed a change.

It was 100% his decision...he was getting bored and stale with the Yonkers grind and when the Ocean job opened up that was his chance to say F..it and make a change.

Bogeyman

• NW-1
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2024, 05:16:55 PM »
Thanks for the info.......glad it was his choice.  Hope everything works out for him.

harnessplop

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2024, 12:24:16 AM »
Thought his wife was a church worker or something...yet she left him with tye dogs? Better off distancing yourself from girls...other then having kids they are worthless

Bogeyman

• NW-1
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2024, 02:20:24 PM »
I would refrain from making any judgements, given the loss of their daughter in such a tragic way.
I can't imagine the stress and grief they both are going through given the situation. Hopefully 2024 will be a better year for them both. 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal