Author Topic: Claiming of last horse  (Read 3610 times)

Dingus

• Open / FFA
Re: Claiming of last horse
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2024, 09:33:19 PM »
here since it's so hard for you to read without them here you go bitch............ ................. ............ Is that enough for you mother fucker

lol, you’re such a douche.  Would have been easier just to using a comma or period once in a while than make a big stink when someone tries to correctly read what you wrote, and has a hard time understanding what you wrote.
Now, that’s double talk, but correctly punctuated.    73cv.2

Wild bull

• Open / FFA
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2024, 09:31:18 PM »
lol, you’re such a douche.  Would have been easier just to using a comma or period once in a while than make a big stink when someone tries to correctly read what you wrote, and has a hard time understanding what you wrote.
Now, that’s double talk, but correctly punctuated.    73cv.2
so are you saying you are so fucking dumb that if there ain't no commas you can't read it now that's one retarded ass nigger there folks

Dingus

• Open / FFA
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2024, 10:42:58 PM »
so are you saying you are so fucking dumb that if there ain't no commas you can't read it now that's one retarded ass nigger there folks

Nope, I can read it, but why bother if you can’t process how to form a sentence.  Why should I have to guess what you mean?  Are you in a rush to finish because your feeble mind won’t remember if you put in a period somewhere, you hick?

Wild bull

• Open / FFA
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2024, 07:56:53 AM »
Nope, I can read it, but why bother if you can’t process how to form a sentence.  Why should I have to guess what you mean?  Are you in a rush to finish because your feeble mind won’t remember if you put in a period somewhere, you hick?
  well if you can read it just STFU and either read my non grammar ass or just pass by it retard

Dingus

• Open / FFA
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2024, 08:57:40 AM »
  well if you can read it just STFU and either read my non grammar ass or just pass by it retard

Man, you are too easy.  Your f—king ego is so big, you just have to continue this nonsensical convo.
Just learn how to pass 3rd grade writing skills and STFU.

Accrossawire

• NW-1
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2024, 10:01:12 AM »
I get the emotional aspect of this. I get not wanting to lose a horse. I also get the economic side of this. However, all that has to be put aside because...it's business. If you don't want to lose the horse, don't put him in that spot. I get that you are now going to have to race above his/her head, but that's your choice. I bought a horse from out of town and raced him at the Meadowlands. Didn't work out the way I planned so I stuck him right into claimers. Got a second and a win in the same class. Fred Grant whispered to me one night that if I raced him back in the same spot, his owner was going to claim him. I said thanks, don't bother, buy him (I offered to split the tax). He passed, LOL. He also didn't claim him, LOL.

Yes it is a business... but it isn't just that simple. There is something of an etiquette involved here, and people who don't follow the unwritten rules generally should expect to make enemies. Some don't care... fine. But understand people hold grudges and one thing like that can color your future interactions for a long long time. You might end up paying a price significantly higher than just the claiming tag down the road because you chose to have that bidness is bidness attitude.

Now if someone comes along and expresses interest and especially if they offer to just outright buy iinstead... then yeah, fair game... and no crying.

Meadow Ford

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2024, 10:19:44 AM »
I never claimed a trainer's last pay horse. If he owned the horse, that is a different story. He has the money to do with as he see fit.
Fifty plus years ago Jesse Willis claimed my only horse. I reinvested the money in younger and better stock, and was much better off for it.
One thing I have learned. The more horses claimed FROM YOU the better your end of the year financial statement looks.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 10:23:46 AM by Meadow Ford »
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Open / FFA
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2024, 10:30:02 AM »
Yes it is a business... but it isn't just that simple. There is something of an etiquette involved here, and people who don't follow the unwritten rules generally should expect to make enemies. Some don't care... fine. But understand people hold grudges and one thing like that can color your future interactions for a long long time. You might end up paying a price significantly higher than just the claiming tag down the road because you chose to have that bidness is bidness attitude.

Now if someone comes along and expresses interest and especially if they offer to just outright buy iinstead... then yeah, fair game... and no crying.

I get it. Listen, I don't want to put a "nice" guy out of business, and I probably wouldn't. Claiming and all, last horse too, makes it even worse, LOL. It's hard for everyone to be happy in business dealings, today, tomorrow, in the future. At some point somebody wins and somebody loses, LOL. Goes both ways.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Oh the agony of these little pustules
    May 07, 2024, 09:09:09 AM
  • Indian24: Herpes can be treated but will always be with you  ngc3
    May 06, 2024, 10:11:57 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Where in the world did this rash come from?
    May 06, 2024, 03:02:53 PM
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal