Author Topic: How good is this Pelling 3 yr old ? AMERICAGREATAGAIN  (Read 5536 times)

LimeTime

• Top Claimer
How good is this Pelling 3 yr old ? AMERICAGREATAGAIN
« on: March 02, 2024, 10:26:59 PM »
 Racing Tuesday at Pocono, race 4, AMERICAGREATAGAIN .  Trained by Brett Pelling, driven by Jack Pelling. Looks to go in 1:50 on its second start. Came home in 27.1 on a no cover parked rally. Anybody know any particulars about this one ?

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
Re: How good is this Pelling 3 yr old ? AMERICAGREATAGAIN
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2024, 09:59:56 AM »
Probably a monster.

ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
He who laughs last, laughs best.

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2024, 11:39:11 AM »
If he was the real deal, I don’t think Brett would have Jack driving him.
Not knocking Jack, just from me knowing Brett and having past business experience with him. He would not have a green driver teaching a horse he thought was a potential WC

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2024, 02:22:04 PM »
clearly the breeder is a very patriotic and proud American
the name alone will mean many on this site( and you know who you are!) will cheer against the horse
but he is a $40 k captain crunch unraced at 2 so i am sure expectations right now are low
but who knows , a solid race or two and he could be a sires stakes player

Grandstand Handicapper

• Open / FFA
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2024, 04:54:40 PM »
Been training like he has a lot of potential. Doing it easy. Looks like he has talent. He's a colt out of America Rocks (sister to Trinity Islands). From the family of Armbro Amaretto. Brett picked him up from the Spring Haven Farm consignment in Lexington (Jeff Esty). Brett may still own him! LOL. Captain Crunch has got a real sire's pedigree. Maybe $5k is a bargain, LOL.

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2024, 05:29:36 PM »
His 3rd quarter was better than his last in that debut.  Will probably develop into a nice raceway horse but not much more.

LimeTime

• Top Claimer
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2024, 08:37:01 PM »
His 3rd quarter was better than his last in that debut.  Will probably develop into a nice raceway horse but not much more.
Actually youre wrong about that, last quarter is 27.1 no cover against the wind in the stretch, third quarter was wind at its back 27. Which do you think is faster ?

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2024, 09:38:44 PM »
Lime Time, used to race against him, he was a warrior.

LimeTime

• Top Claimer
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2024, 11:41:04 PM »
Used to race against who ?

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2024, 05:42:53 AM »
clearly the breeder is a very patriotic and proud American
the name alone will mean many on this site( and you know who you are!) will cheer against the horse
but he is a $40 k captain crunch unraced at 2 so i am sure expectations right now are low
but who knows , a solid race or two and he could be a sires stakes player
tmbz1 tmbz1

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2024, 07:38:16 AM »
Used to race against who ?
First of all you name yourself after a famous horse and then say who when someone brings him up?  Very smart.

Actually youre wrong about that, last quarter is 27.1 no cover against the wind in the stretch, third quarter was wind at its back 27. Which do you think is faster ?
Last time I checked 27 was faster than 27.1 but you are wrong in either case. Watch the replay .. pause it at the half count the lengths he was behind.  It was about 14 or 15 then pause again at the 3/4 .. the margin was less than five.  So in that 27.4 quarter he made up about 10 lengths .. that makes the wind assisted quarter between 25.4 and 26.1.  If the chart says any different look at the replay and see for yourself.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2024, 11:54:22 AM »
right now he is about the 150th best 3 year old pacing colt in 2024
lets see how he does against maidens on tuesday

as ACDC says " its a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll"!!

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2024, 01:01:24 PM »
First of all you name yourself after a famous horse and then say who when someone brings him up?  Very smart.
Last time I checked 27 was faster than 27.1 but you are wrong in either case. Watch the replay .. pause it at the half count the lengths he was behind.  It was about 14 or 15 then pause again at the 3/4 .. the margin was less than five.  So in that 27.4 quarter he made up about 10 lengths .. that makes the wind assisted quarter between 25.4 and 26.1.  If the chart says any different look at the replay and see for yourself.
Thank you. That’s what I was referring to. We chased him in the Can Am series and he just punched our lights out.

LimeTime

• Top Claimer
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2024, 04:11:19 PM »
OK got it- you raced against Lime Time ,most people dont know that horse so if you had laid the verbal map out different, I could have understood. As for Lime Time being a warrior thats like saying Hank Aron was a great hitter- no kidding. But atleast you did know about Lime Time- one of the few best racehorses in the world for a few years. Anyway the 27.1 last Q by The Pelling colt  into the wind is an insane panel- better than the 3rd quarter. Also the last quarter is more important than the 3rd quarter all the time, a 3000 claimer can run a big 3rd quarter.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Open / FFA
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2024, 12:04:01 AM »
Side note -- I saw Lime Time win the Provincial Cup at Windsor in 1981 for my old friend Tony Chiaravalle. Doug Brown drove him, first over and he got up over Brand New Fella. Many people won't remember...the trainer of Lime Time...was none other than Bill Robinson.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Oh the agony of these little pustules
    May 07, 2024, 09:09:09 AM
  • Indian24: Herpes can be treated but will always be with you  ngc3
    May 06, 2024, 10:11:57 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Where in the world did this rash come from?
    May 06, 2024, 03:02:53 PM
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal