Author Topic: Worst Card in Breeders Crown History  (Read 4442 times)

Crash

• Top Claimer
Worst Card in Breeders Crown History
« on: October 22, 2023, 09:28:13 AM »
I don’t even know how to fix this. First off the broadcast was 1/10, barely any commentary on Saturday night and 10 second interviews after each race. For this reason, Hoosier should never be allowed to host again.
Secondly, the judges let the fan and the bettors down and need to be gone or grow a pair of nuts. From the non call on Ake Svanstedt taking our Alagna’s horse on Thursday night, to allowing 30 plus second quarters to go unpunished. Each driver on the program should be ashamed and fined $1000 for slow quarters and ruining what should have been one of the best programs this year.
Thirdly, the whole Elon thing needs assessment.. there has to be a better way. No real attempts at winning throughout the night.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 09:30:45 AM by Crash »

Fuguzzi

• Elite
Re: Worst Card in Breeders Crown History
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2023, 09:50:42 AM »
Couldnt agree more and there were other instances where the judges needed to "crack their whip". Both nights seemed like a big love fest. I saw more movement in qualifiers.

As for the broadcast, maybe it's me but I find Bob Heyden becoming insufferable. When he finds a truly compelling, interesting and relevant ( to the viewer ) piece of trivia, history or minutia, I SAY LET"S ALL HEAR IT, but every single race he is feeding us a bunch of pedigree stats and historical data that become a monotone diatribe. At one point he told us that 11 of the 88 horses that night were bred in Indiana, so what! Details are fuzzy, but during his winners circle fluff pieces he asked a major driver, can't remember if it was Yannick or Timmy, if the horse was good that night. DUUUH. The horse just fucking won. I thought his best work of the two nights was interviewing the 2 Amish guys. They came off so real and he drew them out getting them to talk.

Why cant the industry develop a legit top level TV broadcaster who we can rely upon to be at every event and put on a first rate show. Iliked the days when ESPN2 covered a lot of harness racing majors and the work of Gary Seibel.

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2023, 10:12:37 AM »
Elimination race night cards are always crap.

With the exception of the lesser horses going as hard as they can just to qualify, the racing is Fugazy.

As far as the slow Q2 times, 7/8 tracks have always played Q1 fast.. Q2 Slow .. Q3 Slow .. Q4 fast. 

On Elim night, with no reason to try hard, it gets exaggerated.

Other than a long stretch, 7/8 racing is not very similar to a mile track.

jmvvhmfo

Crash

• Top Claimer
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2023, 10:35:31 AM »
Perhaps they could make a rule that if you put up a quarter slower than a certain speed, you are automatically fined and lose the right to draw posts 1-5, should you win.

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2023, 10:37:08 AM »
At least next week the gloves should be off

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2023, 10:56:49 AM »
or just don't race at that track and don't heave elims
your welcome mr campbell

Brkn Headpole

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2023, 11:19:43 AM »
Loved when he asked Dexter if had heard of the Breeders Crown down under before coming to the US.  Uh duh, no we live in huts with no electricity down here, never heard of it before.

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2023, 11:41:48 AM »
From the non call on Ake Svanstedt taking our Alagna’s horse on Thursday night, to allowing 30 plus second quarters to go unpunished. Each driver on the program should be ashamed and fined $1000 for slow quarters and ruining what should have been one of the best programs this year.

tmbz1

Miguel_Sanchez

• Open / FFA
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2023, 11:47:55 AM »
Don't forget the horrible condition of the track playing to the hometown horses.  There is a reason why all these IN breds are good in BC.  Not worth a watch.  Horrible racing

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2023, 11:48:53 AM »
Loved when he asked Dexter if had heard of the Breeders Crown down under before coming to the US.  Uh duh, no we live in huts with no electricity down here, never heard of it before.
That's right. he did do that. Good pickup on your part.

Kole Hanover

• Open / FFA
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2023, 11:59:01 AM »

Hoosier is brutal watching live & on simulcast

The B.C should be @ Woodbine/Moh every year. At least it would look professional.

That Hoosier park is just b/c grade all around

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2023, 12:04:29 PM »
Breeders Crown race finals should be 12 horses not 10.  Cuts down some elims and makes more exciting finals with more betting.

onabrake

• Open / FFA
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2023, 12:34:39 PM »
Just another example of an elims night that has happened year over year where horses are "raced" the last quarter of a mile and NOBODY cares what happens, just hit the top three and don't use the horse. The sport is incapable of fixing itself and does not want to anyway, because the power players are making all the money and making all the rules. Slot welfare is the gift that just keeps giving so why should anything change.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2023, 12:55:39 PM »
congrats guys i think we have this figured out for mr john campbell, hopefully he checks the site once in a while

1. it should be raced at the big m every year, that is the area most trainers are located and the configuration makes for exciting races and it is new york( ok jersey) ,
2. no elims
3. top 12 money earners  go straight to the final
4. take place on two nights, friday and saturday , or race all on saturday night

Bitter Truth

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2023, 01:18:24 PM »
Fuck M[1] and NY + NJ 11.wp

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Thats self centered to the max Madoff.
    May 19, 2024, 09:08:38 PM
  • Laag: ruthless
    May 19, 2024, 05:57:58 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: I come in my hand.
    May 19, 2024, 11:31:18 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: it comes in handy
    May 16, 2024, 02:49:07 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: No do explain...
    May 16, 2024, 11:48:54 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    May 16, 2024, 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal