Author Topic: Rumors At Yonkers  (Read 4249 times)

bond

• Elite
Rumors At Yonkers
« on: February 18, 2024, 07:36:53 PM »
Word on the street is 2 Judges got dismissed last week--ad in USTA for new ones.

https://ustrottingnews.com/posting-of-position-at-yonkers-raceway-under-the-nys-gaming-commission/

Corruption?? Gambling?? Handing out favors??--I would have thought the race secretary would be first to go--I was wrong.

My mind boggles at the treatment Per Engblom is getting there. Just pick up a program and check the draws he gets and the classes they open up for him.Like race 9 tomorrow night. Good luck to Per--I like seeing someone doing well in the Industry.
Short priced horses in nearly every race Ive never seen a track do well--Yonkers loves it
Monticello-doubles their handle with inferior horses and less short priced horses every race--same goes in Europe. Evenly handicapped races attract more betting--a lesson Yonkers does not follow--and look at the results.

Id like to see EVERYONE-get equal footing JMO

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
Re: Rumors At Yonkers
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2024, 08:41:50 PM »
Can you share your resource that shows that Monticello has less short priced horses?

bumby

• NW-1
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2024, 09:08:52 PM »
guys it's *fewer* low priced horses *fewer* not less

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2024, 09:21:22 PM »
Can you share your resource that shows that Monticello has less short priced horses?

Excellent question because so far in 2024 MR favs equal 50.5% and YR is 45.7%.

Foalin at 4

• Top Claimer
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2024, 09:35:12 PM »
Word on the street is 2 Judges got dismissed last week--ad in USTA for new ones.

https://ustrottingnews.com/posting-of-position-at-yonkers-raceway-under-the-nys-gaming-commission/

Corruption?? Gambling?? Handing out favors??--I would have thought the race secretary would be first to go--I was wrong.

My mind boggles at the treatment Per Engblom is getting there. Just pick up a program and check the draws he gets and the classes they open up for him.Like race 9 tomorrow night. Good luck to Per--I like seeing someone doing well in the Industry.
Short priced horses in nearly every race Ive never seen a track do well--Yonkers loves it
Monticello-doubles their handle with inferior horses and less short priced horses every race--same goes in Europe. Evenly handicapped races attract more betting--a lesson Yonkers does not follow--and look at the results.

Id like to see EVERYONE-get equal footing JMO

Yup, doing favors for their trainer friends, the judges at Yonkers been corrupt for some time. Also they were somehow rigging the draw!

London

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2024, 10:24:22 PM »
Rigging the draw!! Ask Steve Starr and Houghton about that..remember when banca, allard and a few others never drew the outside...

Grandstand Handicapper

• Open / FFA
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2024, 03:47:28 PM »
Everyone complains about % of favorites, and also says the Meadowlands racing is horrible. Full fields, large pools, and what, 3 of 14 favorites last Saturday night. LOL.

toothman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2024, 05:18:38 PM »
not comparing Yonkers to Monti or M1
Comparing Yonkers today with what Yonkers should be---competitive racing---no preferential treatment -BTW are the draws done in the open?--no burying positives....
hopefully the new regime will give what may be the final chapter of racing at Yonkers an air of respectability.

Foalin at 4

• Top Claimer
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2024, 05:30:19 PM »
Draws are done thru USTA random electronic draw, but were being manipulated some how. I wish NYSGC would be transparent and disclose what was happening.

Oliver Clozoff

• Top Claimer
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2024, 05:54:17 PM »
Steward at NYRA also got the boot recently.  Is someone actually overseeing racing officials in NY?  I found that hard to believe.

Newt Lobell

• 4 claimer
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2024, 06:04:35 PM »
It’s only one judge if I read the USTA article correctly.

Not a big deal.

bond

• Elite
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2024, 08:48:04 PM »
It’s only one judge if I read the USTA article correctly.

Not a big deal.

Really?? It was the head Judge!!!

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2024, 08:07:11 AM »
What judge was it?

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2024, 08:55:03 AM »
Well, they are looking to hire a presiding Judge. Harness racing in New York has proven to be nothing more than a reactionary nuisance. Back when harness racing was actually a significant revenue producer for the government, they had a full complement of powerful and meaningful personnel at The Racing and Wagering Board, ready to act on a moment's notice with qualified and dedicated judges. They also had an equally qualified Assistant to the PJ. This was all done to protect the integrity of their cash cow.
 I recall a major blunder at Saratoga Race Course. The judges had a legitimate inquiry and a clear foul in the running of a race. They took down the winner and followed protocol in placing the affected horses. So they thought. Poor bustards took down the wrong horse and made it official along with releasing the pools for pay outs.
 The crowd went wild. It was a clear and honest mistake. Nonetheless, all 3 Stewarts were replaced in a matter of days. The NYRWB Stewart was replaced in 48 hours with a real gentleman and consummate professional, John Joyce.  NYRA and The Jockey Club replaced theirs soon after. Political power meant nothing. Pack your bags, your gone.
 Now, they need to advertise for a Qualified Presiding Judge. Nothing screams , we don't give a hoot about harness racing and the betting public more than advertising at the USTA for a PJ. What is next, fill your own piss cup?
The Job pays, $95K a year and full state benefits including retirement. And, you need to go on the street for applicants?

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2024, 10:06:23 AM »
Well, they are looking to hire a presiding Judge. Harness racing in New York has proven to be nothing more than a reactionary nuisance. Back when harness racing was actually a significant revenue producer for the government, they had a full complement of powerful and meaningful personnel at The Racing and Wagering Board, ready to act on a moment's notice with qualified and dedicated judges. They also had an equally qualified Assistant to the PJ. This was all done to protect the integrity of their cash cow.
 I recall a major blunder at Saratoga Race Course. The judges had a legitimate inquiry and a clear foul in the running of a race. They took down the winner and followed protocol in placing the affected horses. So they thought. Poor bustards took down the wrong horse and made it official along with releasing the pools for pay outs.
 The crowd went wild. It was a clear and honest mistake. Nonetheless, all 3 Stewarts were replaced in a matter of days. The NYRWB Stewart was replaced in 48 hours with a real gentleman and consummate professional, John Joyce.  NYRA and The Jockey Club replaced theirs soon after. Political power meant nothing. Pack your bags, your gone.
 Now, they need to advertise for a Qualified Presiding Judge. Nothing screams , we don't give a hoot about harness racing and the betting public more than advertising at the USTA for a PJ. What is next, fill your own piss cup?
The Job pays, $95K a year and full state benefits including retirement. And, you need to go on the street for applicants?

May be just a temporary job..??.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: At least we agree it's a shithole
    Today at 07:04:43 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: I think this shithole owns you!
    Today at 09:30:25 AM
  • Michael Petrelli: Face it, I OWN THIS SHITHOLE of a forum.
    May 23, 2024, 09:35:08 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Itchy Kitties...
    May 22, 2024, 05:09:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Spew a little Spludge and the Pu$$y Cats are drawn to it lie a girl with baby rabies
    May 22, 2024, 01:37:15 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Aint that the truth
    May 21, 2024, 09:29:01 PM
  • The Thorn: Got to watch out for those strays. They want to move in and take you over
    May 21, 2024, 07:38:01 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: especially a stray cat
    May 21, 2024, 07:07:22 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal