Author Topic: DEAR NFL  (Read 20486 times)

contender

• Elite
Re: DEAR NFL
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2016, 12:33:20 PM »
DEAR NFL,

Don't expect me to pay or watch people disrespect our country!!

Holy shit! there is hope for you yet!!! this post by you just made my day! I don't think you are that bad! I wish you would have showed at Pocono. I would have bought you dinner and drinks!

but you know, if you were an open republican saying this about a black player, you would be a racist! you know that....right?

At the Eighth Pole

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2016, 03:17:54 PM »
Here is some words of wisdom my Grandfather once said...........Ba ck in 1984 when the Detroit Tigers win the World Series , 2nd baseman Lou Whitaker and out fielder Larry Herndon wouldn't stand for the national anthem because they both proclaimed to be Jehovas Witnesses and it was against that religion to acknowledge any type of holidays , birthdays or any anthems that praised our nation.......... Grandad said something to me I never forgot.     He said "if it weren't for what the National Anthem stands for , those guys would still be picking cotton down in Georgia "!     A true genius of a statement .....

Take a look at why Mr. K and others have an individual right, if not obligation, to not stand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow27I3yTFKc

Your grandfather was right to a degree.  In actuality however, had it not been for American nationalism and christianity -on which the anthem is based- black men would have been equal.  Don't choke. 

It doesn't mean some wouldn't have been picking cotton, but right along side of them would have been your grandfather's ancestors.

At the Eighth Pole

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2016, 03:22:16 PM »
This video shows the officer more clearly shooting an unarmed man down ... in cold blood.  I would like to think regardless of one's political persuasion, no one can rationally support this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qphkl08NH6k

Bacchus

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2016, 03:57:12 PM »
...... On the other hand there was Pat Tillman - anyone sticking up for this clown should think of that.

At the Eighth Pole

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2016, 05:13:10 PM »
...... On the other hand there was Pat Tillman - anyone sticking up for this clown should think of that.

Most know Pat Tillman pursued his dream:  have a license to shoot to kill.  It was a game for him.

Boxed In

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2016, 06:04:07 PM »
PLEASE MOST OF THE BLACKS KILLED WERE KILLED BECAUSE THEY RESISTED ARREST !!!!!!!!  I GUESS IT WAS JUST A COINCIDENCE ALSO THAT MOST KILLED HAD NUMEROUS FELONIES !!!

PLEASE FUCKING SPARE ME..CAUSE I AGREE TO SOME POINT ..YEA SOME COPS GO BEYOND AND TOO FAR..BUT COMPARED TO HOW MANY COPS THERE ARE IN OUR COUNTRY..ITS A JOKE..

ITS LIKE COMPARING HOW MANY PLANES FLY A DAY TO HOW MANY CRASH !!!!!!

Pompano Gambler

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2016, 07:55:57 PM »
What about the white cops that were TOTALLY INNOCENT  and killed by moron blacks?
 Just this week a black guy in a car purposely ran over 3 white cops! (in Arizona)

Should the white players kneel in protest?

BOYCOTT THE NFL UNTIL THEY RESPECT OUR COUNTRY!

Powerful Patricks Ghost

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2016, 08:14:46 PM »
Let these protesters visit a VA hospital and see what defending our flag means to those patients.   43z.stf

So unless you visit a VA hospital, you can't protest? Great logic there, chief.

Carnival People

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2016, 10:17:09 PM »
DEAR NFL,

Don't expect me to pay or watch people disrespect our country!!

No NFL patronage from me or my kids or grandkids.  ZERO.   

Pompano Gambler

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2016, 03:04:24 AM »
“I would tell [a player protesting the anthem to] sit inside the clubhouse,” Tony La Russa told “The Dan LeBatard Show.” “You’re not going to be out there representing our team and our organization by disrespecting the flag. No, sir, I would not allow it. … If you want to make your statement you make it in the clubhouse, but not out there, you’re not going to show it that way publicly and disrespectfully.”

Pompano Gambler

« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2016, 10:01:42 AM »
Iowa congressman Steve King went after Colin Kaepernick on Tuesday by claiming the San Francisco 49ers quarterback's activism is "sympathetic" to ISIS.

"I understand that he has an Islamic girlfriend that is his fiancée, and that this has changed him and has taken on some different political views along the way," he told Newsmax TV's Steve Malzberg. "This is activism that's sympathetic to ISIS."

Powerful Patricks Ghost

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2016, 10:12:10 AM »
Steve King is an imbecile.

Powerful Patricks Ghost

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2016, 10:13:03 AM »
Here is some words of wisdom my Grandfather once said...........Ba ck in 1984 when the Detroit Tigers win the World Series , 2nd baseman Lou Whitaker and out fielder Larry Herndon wouldn't stand for the national anthem because they both proclaimed to be Jehovas Witnesses and it was against that religion to acknowledge any type of holidays , birthdays or any anthems that praised our nation.......... Grandad said something to me I never forgot.     He said "if it weren't for what the National Anthem stands for , those guys would still be picking cotton down in Georgia "!     A true genius of a statement .....

Your grandad sounded like an uneducated dolt. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Pompano Gambler

« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2016, 11:13:51 AM »
I'm boycotting everything NFL or NFL sponsored, too. There is a facebook site for this under Boycott NFL 2016. If enough people boycott then we'll see a change happen fast. Hit the NFL in the wallet and let's see if they still allow this hypocritical "freedom of expression".

Pompano Gambler

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2016, 10:48:05 AM »
Is it time for Roger Goodell and the NFL to hit the panic button?

Last week’s Sunday Night Football matchup drew in its lowest ratings in seven years (Monday Night Football didn’t fare any better) and last night’s game between the Green Bay Packers and Minnesota Vikings fell even further. According to Deadline, the primetime portion of last night’s game scored a 13.7/22 in Nielsen’s metered market ratings as the Vikings went on to beat the Packers 17-14. Not only is that down 18% from last year’s ratings, it’s also a 9% dip compared to the SNF opener just last week.

The NFL’s decline in the ratings is becoming more of a true pattern and less of a passing phase, especially as the National Anthem protest continues onward.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal