Author Topic: BigM cancel...  (Read 4052 times)

Harness racer

• Elite
BigM cancel...
« on: December 31, 2022, 08:07:59 PM »
Logged on my account to watch and it's not available.

Superfecta

• Elite
Re: BigM cancel...
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2022, 08:12:41 PM »
Logged on my account to watch and it's not available.

Fog and the morons are saying stay for the fireworks at 9:00

battleground

• Top Claimer
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2022, 08:38:12 PM »
CEO was thanking MIKE ANTON. for his help in chicago with the fire works??????

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2022, 09:26:36 PM »
Never been involved in a canceled card.  And I don't know if different states have different policies.  Does the purse money get split equally in the canceled races or are all those people beat for anything?  Kind of an expensive day with labor, tolls, gas, prerace, etc. if you aren't getting anything in return.  Especially if you have a few in to go.

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2022, 09:51:32 PM »
Never been involved in a canceled card.  And I don't know if different states have different policies.  Does the purse money get split equally in the canceled races or are all those people beat for anything?  Kind of an expensive day with labor, tolls, gas, prerace, etc. if you aren't getting anything in return.  Especially if you have a few in to go.

No idea how that end works. I wasted 3 hours working out my plays and I had a live pick 5 with 95% of the tickets dead after race 1. I got a refund for my effort.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2022, 09:58:15 PM »
back into the purse account and thanks for coming out

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2023, 01:00:04 AM »
No idea how that end works. I wasted 3 hours working out my plays and I had a live pick 5 with 95% of the tickets dead after race 1. I got a refund for my effort.

I had no 10's in  R1 and got fully refunded.

The entire production is absolutely terrible. The Judges have no idea what they are doing. The broadcast teaches people to gamble their dollars in the worst way imaginable, (regardless of their opinion, which is awful) but settlemoir treats everyone like family so the show show rolls on, they will blame the economy. And ask for baliouts1

Locked in with pace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2023, 03:25:44 AM »
All the grooms and trainers in the paddock were given a free hot dog, a free program, and a special thank you for being so patient.

Tootoofast

• 4 claimer
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2023, 07:47:13 AM »
Sure went out with a bang for 2022  11.wp

mwins

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2023, 10:29:40 AM »
At Mohawk they usually give anyone who shipped in $300 per horse.

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2023, 12:23:37 PM »

I was in same boat. Used 10 and 2 other horses in first leg of p5. So had a live ticket but only got refund. My gripe isnt with rule that only gives refund to my p5 bet but rather with meadowlands for running first race at all. How with todays technology could big m not know fog wasnt likely to lift. Ive long been a supporter of gural (because harness racing needs big m) but decision to race card at all with one race was just a giant middke finger to bettors and horsemen.

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2023, 03:45:21 PM »
I was in same boat. Used 10 and 2 other horses in first leg of p5. So had a live ticket but only got refund. My gripe isnt with rule that only gives refund to my p5 bet but rather with meadowlands for running first race at all. How with todays technology could big m not know fog wasnt likely to lift. Ive long been a supporter of gural (because harness racing needs big m) but decision to race card at all with one race was just a giant middke finger to bettors and horsemen.

The first race didn’t look terrible. I think they could have continued. Jessica Otten said the guys on the track could see fine and that it looks much worse from the grandstand.

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2023, 04:28:37 PM »
I actually thought that might have been what happened. If there is anyway they could produce a similar  fog like effect for future amateur races id be all in favor. Ive seen too much of those. I know they claim those are good for handle but there almost non- cappable defeating any edge on a race one might believe he has. If i just want the rush of gambling i can play the slots. Just my opinion, but i actually believe a key reason the big m runs these is they are more likely to result in a pic 5 carryover which is a huge future night handle boost.

Locked in with pace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2023, 04:44:23 PM »
and one of the biggest reasons they run so many of these amateur races is to fill cards. they are always short of horses.

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2023, 08:59:09 PM »
and one of the biggest reasons they run so many of these amateur races is to fill cards. they are always short of horses.

Maybe they are short horses because the Savior won't let 65% of the trainers enter their horses at his track. He feels it's better to let Burke and Alagna have 3 entries in every race.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: it comes in handy
    Today at 02:49:07 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: No do explain...
    Today at 11:48:54 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    Today at 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal