Author Topic: Oak grove handicapper. Pls get a fckin haircut. On tv representing a race track  (Read 4041 times)

dinkadoo

• Elite
When you watch a thoroughbred racing telecast, all the guys are in suits, clean-shaven nice haircut you look at some of these harness telecast these people look like circus clowns. They look like circus Carneys.

Wdf
I miss the guy I referred to as the Missing Link from the Showplace of racing. He was a cross between, the wrestler the Missing Link and dressed like Tommy Boy where the tie would end about 4 inches above the belly button.

We are harness racing where on any given night and on Friday's at the biggest track of them all we allow Amateur betting races. What does that say to someone new who pops in ? I would say its okay, but I don't amateurs in thoroughbred races. Nor do I see it in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, MLS, MMA..... Hell on ESPN two sundays ago they were airing the rock skipping championships. Doubt they pulled amateurs out of the crowd.

To most people if they have ever heard of harness racing --- they think were a joke --- well hell --- we present ourselves as a joke. The only headlines we garnered in a national publication last year -- was that dozens were sent to jail.

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
WEARING A SUIT JACKET TODAY NDE A TSHIRT

HAIR AT LEAST COMBED
LOOKS LIKE ON O EOF THE BEE GEES TODAY tmbz1 tmbz1 ;D ;D
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
  • Part Human, Part Machine, Better Part Canine
WEARING A SUIT JACKET TODAY NDE A TSHIRT

HAIR AT LEAST COMBED
LOOKS LIKE ON O EOF THE BEE GEES TODAY tmbz1 tmbz1 ;D ;D

I haven't seen him yet, but sounds like an improvement off Yours, Thorny's, EV1s suggestions and my requesting he watch The Pope of Greenwich Village (Mickey Roarke, 1984).

A work in progress, well Done to All Us Dr. Frankensteins, our monster race broadcasting human is almost complete!  ;D
It's Official!

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
I haven't seen him yet, but sounds like an improvement off Yours, Thorny's, EV1s suggestions and my requesting he watch The Pope of Greenwich Village (Mickey Roarke, 1984).

A work in progress, well Done to All Us Dr. Frankensteins, our monster race broadcasting human is almost complete!  ;D

I just caught a glimpse Dr. Frankensteins, I think we have neither yet, just a hybrid - Monster / Broadcaster....what have we done?!!! ;D
It's Official!

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
It's Official!

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
They all read plops  73cv.2 73cv.2 tmbz1on

My job is done on this thread

CMJAnew

• Top Claimer
Circus Carneys?   Oh you mean Shades  ... agreed

The thoroughbred people get paid and can afford a suit.  Harness talent gets minimum wage. 

Pretty sure SHADES came from the thoroughbred side
Reread It

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
Ray's Final Response:

9:53 PM (21 minutes ago)

to me

Have never heard of this one, but it's got Mickey Rourke so I'm in. Thanks for the rec!

Sent today (5/16/23)

7:35 AM (13 minutes ago)

to Ray

Suit jacket & t-shirt, hair combed back very nice look 5/15/23, your fans were over the moon.....but as long as you felt good in it!

Reminds me of someone, hmmmm https://soulrideblog.files.wordpress.com/2020/10/charlie-in-green-jacket.jpg?w=1200&h=

If you haven't seen these racing flicks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQetzM5zJus (great characters, funny and inspiring as hell) "Let it Ride", 1989

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXFJY_2DPo8 (racing history, beauty) "Phar Lap", 1983

Have a great day, BOSS!

Paul
It's Official!

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
Sent today (5/16/23)

7:35 AM (13 minutes ago)

to Ray

Suit jacket & t-shirt, hair combed back very nice look 5/15/23, your fans were over the moon.....but as long as you felt good in it!

Reminds me of someone, hmmmm https://soulrideblog.files.wordpress.com/2020/10/charlie-in-green-jacket.jpg?w=1200&h=

If you haven't seen these racing flicks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQetzM5zJus (great characters, funny and inspiring as hell) "Let it Ride", 1989

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXFJY_2DPo8 (racing history, beauty) "Phar Lap", 1983

Have a great day, BOSS!

Paul

Response from Ray (5/16/23)

2:07 PM (3 hours ago)

to me

i havent combed my hair in probably 10 years lol. appreciate the nice words. have never been a let it ride fan but have been scouring for phar lap have never been able to get my hands on that movie

_____

My response to Ray (5/16/23):

5:48 PM (1 minute ago)

to Ray
Someone posted the full flick on Youtube, here ya go, hope you enjoy (popcorn, check, tissues, check, lol):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44GelI9nLds

It's Official!

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
Looks great today, best ever to date! well done Roc, Thorny, and the rest of the Dr. Frankenstein's!  Monster complete! ;D
It's Official!

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
I’m sending him some dough for a proper haircut

Looks like one of those guys from Led Zeppelin  ;D ;D

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
I’m sending him some dough for a proper haircut

Looks like one of those guys from Led Zeppelin  ;D ;D

It's insulting and unkind, I wouldn't recommend as being necessary for any particular personal preference, but if you say you're going to do it then DO IT, and report back, talk the talk walk the walk bro!   ;D
It's Official!

Brown jug

• Elite
he does a good job , nice write up for the races as well
congrats to oakgrove for putting some effort behind their product, it pays off in handle

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
he does a good job , nice write up for the races as well
congrats to oakgrove for putting some effort behind their product, it pays off in handle

tmbz1 Agree!  tmbz1

Ray looked great today too, light colored dress shirt, waiving his arms if he was picking winners too.....who could ask for anything more!!  ;D
It's Official!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Oh the agony of these little pustules
    May 07, 2024, 09:09:09 AM
  • Indian24: Herpes can be treated but will always be with you  ngc3
    May 06, 2024, 10:11:57 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Where in the world did this rash come from?
    May 06, 2024, 03:02:53 PM
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal