Author Topic: Please test your memory banks.  (Read 2071 times)

Fuguzzi

• Elite
Please test your memory banks.
« on: September 24, 2023, 12:32:25 PM »
After a bit of soul searching, I have decided to post something I was told several years ago mostly because so many of my friends ( and Foes ) on here have excellent recall, stores of information, names, dates, etc. So, if any of you ever heard the story I am about to tell or better yet can confirm with more details if it is indeed true, I would appreciate it as the source from which I heard it, a former associate in racing is no longer available to speak with and recent events have gotten me thinking about it again.
w if anyone else heard of this before
One more thing, I AM NOT MAKING ANYTHING UP, nor I am trying to "grind the same dull axe", just wanna know if anyone else heard of this....

Late 2018, a person i knew for decades from racing, approached me at monti and said , "Hey, did you hear the shit about Linda and some of the guys they just caught in NY?" I was like , NO. I had no idea what he was talking about.

Without going into quote for quote, this is what he told me in essence.

A NYS trainer of some success and notoriety, not a world beather was caught for something serious and looking at a year suspension. This man's last name starts with a "D", active in NYSS especially. It may have been Duspiva, I don't think it was Dewhurst and on my life I cant remember who it was. So I wont mention more names. Apparently, Linda was also caught and was facing a year too, but having been announced into the HOF, apparently NYSRWB capitulated to the USTA and her infraction was buried. It seems Goshen was not about to put their first female ever in the HOF under a 1 year suspension and having been a new electee they were not about to tarnish her name.

Now getting back to the NY trainer, he and another facing a heavy suspension got wind of this "scandal" and hired 2 attorneys, 1 may have been from inside racing and the other was not and started lawsuits against NY, the tracks, judges etc. because there infractions were being upheld. Eventually without actual litigation, NY caved to everyone and everything was swept under the rug and this trainer facing a year got a huge break because if he and others went, Linda was gonna have to go too and the powers that be were not gonna do that. i'm not sure what to think and mt friend is no longer here...

Has anyone ever heard anything like this or know more details?

Thanks, Fug

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
Re: Please test your memory banks.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2023, 12:47:51 PM »
I’m guessing you are referring to the Glaucine positives. I don’t recall Linda having 1 but there was about 20 trainers with them

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2023, 12:52:06 PM »
I’m guessing you are referring to the Glaucine positives. I don’t recall Linda having 1 but there was about 20 trainers with them
Bingo   TYVM  It was Glaucine.. Of course, you don't. That was the point of my friends story. NY buried it instantly. Word does trickle out still especially as lawsuits are threatened Good memory. Now that you say the name, it was Glaucine

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2023, 01:02:27 PM »
Fuggs
Here’s and interesting tidbit for you on the Glaucine scandal. Not sure if the time frame you would have to look it up on the NJ commission site. But before all Glaucine positives NJ Com search trainer Jake I don’t remember his last name but he was down for Steve Elliott, along with I believe a shock machine was a bottle of , wait for it ! Glaucine. Am guess that they were pouring on the shavings not giving it. Pun dents would speculate that when they started testing Glaucine they didn’t think the elite would turn up.
FYI am not a fan or hater of Linda , I am a fan of the horse . He just seems to have a lot of heart.

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2023, 01:05:10 PM »
There was a few notable names on the list. NY ruled that it was contamination from the sawdust used for bedding. 2 issues with that theory. Most trainers at the NJ training centers use the same supplier. Also if you read the original ruling on Steve Elliot’s suspension you will see Glaucine was 1 of the products they found during stable search.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2023, 01:06:38 PM »
Fuggs
Here’s and interesting tidbit for you on the Glaucine scandal. Not sure if the time frame you would have to look it up on the NJ commission site. But before all Glaucine positives NJ Com search trainer Jake I don’t remember his last name but he was down for Steve Elliott, along with I believe a shock machine was a bottle of , wait for it ! Glaucine. Am guess that they were pouring on the shavings not giving it. Pun dents would speculate that when they started testing Glaucine they didn’t think the elite would turn up.
FYI am not a fan or hater of Linda , I am a fan of the horse . He just seems to have a lot of heart.
very interesting take on the whole thing. very intriguing and I think very much on Target. cast a net, you never know what you'll catch.

Jake Huff? My apologies if not...

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2023, 01:08:23 PM »
Grocery shopping with Mrs Fug   cant wait to see whats on here when we get back

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2023, 01:09:54 PM »
Is Glaucine the same stuff tyey found in the sheep wormer ?

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2023, 01:11:24 PM »
I remember first name and some of the things NJC found and that he appealed. He settled after all the hot test and got a fairly light sentence too I think

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2023, 01:12:50 PM »
Is Glaucine the same stuff tyey found in the sheep wormer ?
No,
Aminorex is what they called that.

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2023, 01:30:54 PM »
Fuggs

Jake Leamon. He was Steve’s long time assistant trainer. Steve was in Florida when they searched. Tried to give Jake 5 years suspension. Cost quite a bit in legal fees but Jake ultimately win his case.

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2023, 02:25:36 PM »

My reference was to the that they found Glasine injectable, not in his shavings

Miguel_Sanchez

• Open / FFA
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2023, 03:41:13 PM »
Steve Elliot and Jake Lemmon - Glaucine had 20-30 positives in NY.  It was not contamination.  Vet was using from the farms as a breathing shot but likely none of the trainers actually knew it was glaucine.  It was all coming from Seth Fishman.  NY trainer was Scott DiDomenico.  Any other questions?

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2023, 03:43:07 PM »
And  Richard Johnson had the 3 horses with the highest test. Any guess who he was fronting for at the time??

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2023, 04:18:06 PM »
Steve Elliot and Jake Lemmon - Glaucine had 20-30 positives in NY.  It was not contamination.  Vet was using from the farms as a breathing shot but likely none of the trainers actually knew it was glaucine.  It was all coming from Seth Fishman.  NY trainer was Scott DiDomenico.  Any other questions?
Pump the brake my man,
What I was pointing out was that NJC thought that when they started testing for it , it would be a bunch of desperado trainers, not all the fine up standing trainers they caught.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Bernie Madoff: ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
    May 24, 2024, 08:05:54 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: At least we agree it's a shithole
    May 24, 2024, 07:04:43 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: I think this shithole owns you!
    May 24, 2024, 09:30:25 AM
  • Michael Petrelli: Face it, I OWN THIS SHITHOLE of a forum.
    May 23, 2024, 09:35:08 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Itchy Kitties...
    May 22, 2024, 05:09:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Spew a little Spludge and the Pu$$y Cats are drawn to it lie a girl with baby rabies
    May 22, 2024, 01:37:15 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Aint that the truth
    May 21, 2024, 09:29:01 PM
  • The Thorn: Got to watch out for those strays. They want to move in and take you over
    May 21, 2024, 07:38:01 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal