Author Topic: In a hurry I’m Catching a plane to Sweden  (Read 3457 times)

HornbyDuke

• Elite
Re: In a hurry I’m Catching a plane to Sweden
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2023, 11:05:58 AM »
Takter barn probably a little disappointed though im sure adios win buffers that. Hard to keep young horses firing month after month. Burke horses as usual though were aces on big card. Sylvia hanover is a beast. Seems a little goofy at times though. Is it possible a switch turns on and we see even more from her. That bongornio horse ran a huge race against her.

Laag

• Top Claimer
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2023, 11:31:29 AM »
Shady Daisy up next and that will be another small field where Slyvia will put on a show. Dont know if Charleston is eligible to that one or capable enough to give her a scare

Foxy Jacob

• NW-1
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2023, 02:38:58 PM »
No

But the question has to be asked either he couldn’t hold horse

Then don’t drive  her or

Very bad effort in driving category
Ake is in the business just for fun like a lot of horsemen and trainers and drivers. alot of the horses are just pets and they have fun. JF
« Last Edit: July 30, 2023, 02:41:29 PM by Foxy Jacob »

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2023, 03:14:37 PM »
Ake is in the business just for fun like a lot of horsemen and trainers and drivers. alot of the horses are just pets and they have fun. JF

Why does he use a cattle prod on his pets ?

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2023, 03:30:15 PM »
Why does he use a cattle prod on his pets ?
Cattle prod very common in the big barns these days. That barn has won every major race known to man so money means nothing to them. It’s all for fun. Same thing with Erv millers guy overhiser. It’s just fun. These guys all have money so they don’t care if they win or lose. It’s just a hobby and tax write off for these type of people.
Johnny Johnson fucked up Chicago harness racing. I hope you die !!!!

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2023, 03:45:42 PM »
Cattle prod very common in the big barns these days. That barn has won every major race known to man so money means nothing to them. It’s all for fun. Same thing with Erv millers guy overhiser. It’s just fun. These guys all have money so they don’t care if they win or lose. It’s just a hobby and tax write off for these type of people.

So because they win and have plenty of money it’s OK to use a stick that shocks the horse.
Mike Vick had plenty of money. Why did we ruin his fun and stop the dog fights

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2023, 03:54:11 PM »
So because they win and have plenty of money it’s OK to use a stick that shocks the horse.
Mike Vick had plenty of money. Why did we ruin his fun and stop the dog fights
Not saying it’s right and I wouldn’t do it. But all of the big barns today do it. Sadly just more horse abuse and one of many reasons why harness racing should be ended.

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2023, 04:04:59 PM »
Not saying it’s right and I wouldn’t do it. But all of the big barns today do it. Sadly just more horse abuse and one of many reasons why harness racing should be ended.

Gotcha. I agree.

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2023, 06:05:03 PM »
Can you provide proof of this statement?

Look at the barns that 99% of the horses wear a hood with cups! That will show you!
In the words of SCM,,I GOTTA EAT!

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2023, 06:25:19 PM »
Can you provide proof of this statement?
Better question to ask the original poster (Superfecta) who accused Ake’s barn of using a cattle prod. I’ll answer after him!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2023, 06:27:11 PM by Larry Bird Boy »

helpplease

• Open / FFA
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2023, 08:41:14 PM »
Better question to ask the original poster (Superfecta) who accused Ake’s barn of using a cattle prod. I’ll answer after him!

"Bits and pieces
The shakeup in Sweden, involving the country’s top trotting trainer, has resulted in Ake Svanstedt found guilty. In an unusual case of standardbred abuse, Svanstedt was convicted of “acts of or encouragement to commit animal cruelty.”

The case against him claimed that Ake encouraged his second trainer to perform cruel acts on trotters in their care. The original indictment offered nine counts and Ake beat all but two of them.

He was fined $2,500 and $5,000 in court fees. The second trainer was found guilty of “breaching the law” and another team-Svanstedt trainer was found guilty of making threats against a witness.

While appeals are pending, the Swedish Trotting Association (STA) has cause to present the accused with their walking papers, which would put the sport in a freefall considering the stock team-Svanstedt handled. It is possible that owners of trotters in the care of Svanstedt and company are already fleeing, which could leave the trainer’s lucrative business in ruins. The STA, sources say, will not act until all appeals have been exhausted, though authorities there pointed out “how serious they regard the charges.”

https://youbetblog.wordpress.com/2010/01/01/the-lions-in-winter/

https://sverigesradio.se/artikel/3263179

« Last Edit: July 30, 2023, 08:43:19 PM by helpplease »

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2023, 10:06:54 PM »
Thats nothing..Many years ago at Harrington Raceway when they had a barn area. I saw G Teague Jr beat one so bad with the whip were the horse reared up and fell over backwards and broke his damn neck! DEAD right there in the road...A few years later he was being honor with some "Good Guy" award from the harness writer's association! 100% true story! So go figure!

11.wp
In the words of SCM,,I GOTTA EAT!

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2023, 10:27:08 PM »
"Bits and pieces
The shakeup in Sweden, involving the country’s top trotting trainer, has resulted in Ake Svanstedt found guilty. In an unusual case of standardbred abuse, Svanstedt was convicted of “acts of or encouragement to commit animal cruelty.”

The case against him claimed that Ake encouraged his second trainer to perform cruel acts on trotters in their care. The original indictment offered nine counts and Ake beat all but two of them.

He was fined $2,500 and $5,000 in court fees. The second trainer was found guilty of “breaching the law” and another team-Svanstedt trainer was found guilty of making threats against a witness.

While appeals are pending, the Swedish Trotting Association (STA) has cause to present the accused with their walking papers, which would put the sport in a freefall considering the stock team-Svanstedt handled. It is possible that owners of trotters in the care of Svanstedt and company are already fleeing, which could leave the trainer’s lucrative business in ruins. The STA, sources say, will not act until all appeals have been exhausted, though authorities there pointed out “how serious they regard the charges.”

https://youbetblog.wordpress.com/2010/01/01/the-lions-in-winter/

I didn’t read anything about a cattle prod. It says abuse but omits to what level of abuse.

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2023, 10:41:11 PM »
I have to confess to be a little confused by this. Article looks to be 13 yrs old. I read above to suggest this guy using cattle prod in races. Ive heard and seen in thoroughbreds a buzzer being used- cant recall horse name but yrs back 3 yr old won arkansas derby with one used; took off like shot out cannon when used in stretch. I cant believe anyone is using a cattle prod in races without a bit more support here. What good would a prod do beforehand. Are we talking about animal abuse and is the claim this barn is using cattle prods now on horses before or in races.

Please explain.

helpplease

• Open / FFA
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2023, 07:45:44 AM »
I didn’t read anything about a cattle prod. It says abuse but omits to what level of abuse.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal