Author Topic: How much would you pay for Marcus Miller to fly in and drive your horse?  (Read 5745 times)

rainman2

• Elite
I agree with you but put Marohn or Holland or pat La Chance at Hoosier and they would be leading drivers. I’ll take the bottom guys at Yonkers over top guys Hoosier any day.

That’s not saying much about the quality at either track, is it!!

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
Keep them coming! Two separate threads are full of valid points and STILL no sermon by Pastor Park! ngc3

Fuguzzi

• Elite
Bruce Ranger, right now, in his early 60s, if he came to YR, would out drive Bartett and be number 2. Maybe not Brennan, but Bartlett, yes. Starting when he was 19, until right now, Bruce can flat out drive a horse.

Calhoun

• Elite
Bruce Ranger, right now, in his early 60s, if he came to YR, would out drive Bartett and be number 2. Maybe not Brennan, but Bartlett, yes. Starting when he was 19, until right now, Bruce can flat out drive a horse.
If anyone came in and outperfohind Brennan.rmed Bartlett, they'd be #, not #2 be.

Right now, Bartlett leads Brennan by over 150 wins for the year.

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA

I hope you meant Meadowlands, not Meadows.
I did ,  it was such and experience , wether sitting in the clubhouse on the apron or racing.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
If anyone came in and outperfohind Brennan.rmed Bartlett, they'd be #, not #2 be.

Right now, Bartlett leads Brennan by over 150 wins for the year.
Well as you know, many nights Brennan is off driving somewhere else,and then there is little for Bartlett to beat. I'm sure you remember the night Brennan, Bon Bon and Marohn Jr. were up in Canada, Jason won 7. You know Brennan is defintely a superior driver

Calhoun

• Elite
Well as you know, many nights Brennan is off driving somewhere else,and then there is little for Bartlett to beat. I'm sure you remember the night Brennan, Bon Bon and Marohn Jr. were up in Canada, Jason won 7. You know Brennan is defintely a superior driver
No, I do not know that. 

I do know Bartlett's driven about 165 more races at YR this year than Brennan so your logic has him winning 90%+ of those to account for the 150 win spread.

You'd also have to concoct some reasoning to account for the spread in win percentages 25% to 17%, Bartlett.

If you told me you'd take Brennan over Bartlett in a Stakes race on a mile track, I'd say fair point and, mayhaps, even agree.

But overall, it isn't really close and hasn't been for some time.

jmvhmfo

Fuguzzi

• Elite
No, I do not know that. 

I do know Bartlett's driven about 165 more races at YR this year than Brennan so your logic has him winning 90%+ of those to account for the 150 win spread.

You'd also have to concoct some reasoning to account for the spread in win percentages 25% to 17%, Bartlett.

If you told me you'd take Brennan over Bartlett in a Stakes race on a mile track, I'd say fair point and, mayhaps, even agree.

jmvhmfo
So you are trying to tell me Jason Bartlett is a better driver than George Brennan? career to career?

Fuguzzi

• Elite
Brennan 10th all time in wins, 7th all time in earnings    Admittedly Jason is approacing both neighborhoods   Jason DOES have a very strong win total given the number of drives it took to accomplish it. I will grant you that and respect that! But Jason drives against virtually nobody night after night and it has been that way for years. Very good talented driver, but a very big fish in a very small pond. When I was at YR / RR/ Meadowlands there were HOFers across the gate.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
The 200 Milion earned club is very sacred ground as far as drivers and Brennan is in it. That makes him special and a sure fire HOF.

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
No, I do not know that. 

jmvhmfo

These people hate Jason Bartlett, good luck presenting them with facts

Fuguzzi

• Elite
I don't know anyone who "hates" Jason Bartlett. My time was admittedly mostly before him. Seems like a good man, always hear good things, seems like he is on a HOF trajectory career wise, at least to me. Just saying that after him and George, not much talent left at YR for a long time. Sears was there true, but Holland , Kakaley, Marohn Jr, Patrick,  Joey B, second tier talent. As I pointed out Jason got to 10,000 in a very short number of drives career wise. That's a very solid accomplishment.

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
I don't know anyone who "hates" Jason Bartlett. My time was admittedly mostly before him. Seems like a good man, always hear good things, seems like he is on a HOF trajectory career wise, at least to me. Just saying that after him and George, not much talent left at YR for a long time. Sears was there true, but Holland , Kakaley, Marohn Jr, Patrick,  Joey B, second tier talent. As I pointed out Jason got to 10,000 in a very short number of drives career wise. That's a very solid accomplishment.

Jordan Stratton is a helluva driver. As typical, he is intentionally left out of the discussion cause of the Bartlett hate.

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
And Kakaley is no slouch. How many of the others have pulled off a 9 win and a second in 10 races on the same night

Fuguzzi

• Elite
My apologies, I did omit Jordan. I thought i mentioned him in the nightly list of 8. Definitely better than the ones listed, correct. Lotta people on here were talking trash about Jordan because of Voukefelias. that's silly to measure him by one horse who had issues and was dealing with some monsters on  the track

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal