Author Topic: How much would you pay for Marcus Miller to fly in and drive your horse?  (Read 5744 times)

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
Re: How much would you pay for Marcus Miller to fly in and drive your horse?
« Reply #105 on: October 15, 2023, 11:04:23 PM »
Carmine "the horseman", tried to be a smart ass with me when he took the lines, looked at the horse and said, "I don't drive horses with shit towels". I said, "would you prefer to drive him with out one". i didn't put him down, judges ssigned him without contacting me when my guy got days.
He was a douchebag. His son Eric is a good guy though.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2023, 11:10:38 PM »
 tmbz1 tmbz1Eric A. and Corey Callahan would be a toss up for nicest guy in racing. Honorable mention would go to Jimmy Meittinis. on a side note, i wonder how many times you and I have been in a paddock or grandstand together over the years.....

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #107 on: October 16, 2023, 12:17:14 AM »
tmbz1 tmbz1Eric A. and Corey Callahan would be a toss up for nicest guy in racing. Honorable mention would go to Jimmy Meittinis. on a side note, i wonder how many times you and I have been in a paddock or grandstand together over the years.....
Jimmy used to have a real nice Oldsmobile 442. I think it ended up getting stolen.

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #108 on: October 16, 2023, 12:42:50 AM »
Welcome to the wonderful world of harness racing. Top guys ( drivers ) at almost all tracks pulled the same shit. Reason you don't hear about it today is, as you know, all top catch drivers don't train or maintain a stable anymore. They don't need to, to make a living. otherwise it would still be going on.
It still goes on st Hoosier. Trace will tell Tyler George who to claim and act like he had nothing to do with it.
Johnny Johnson fucked up Chicago harness racing. I hope you die !!!!

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #109 on: October 16, 2023, 06:32:29 AM »
Meittinis may be a great guy but I witnessed him butchering more drives at Pompano than a lot of other guys there.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #110 on: October 16, 2023, 07:26:15 AM »
Still he used to win at the Big M with enough frequency to be "betable" I used to catch him week in and week out on Misfit for Bruce Saunders. He also did very well with a good 3 year old for a good outfit whose name escapes me. Point is he got live drives from good trainers there.   Crazy at may sound, Big M heyday - Choice between betting Jimmy Metteinis or Ed Lohmeyer strictly as a driver, I am going with Jimmy every time all things being equal. And eddie is going in the HOF next year. Relax guy, I am not saying Jimmy belongs in the HOF. Just making an ironic comparison.

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #111 on: October 16, 2023, 08:35:54 AM »
This doesn’t surprise me. Horses for courses, drivers for courses may have been in play. I used to bet Jim M at Pompano at first because his reputation was good up north. But time and again I was disappointed and poorer. He just didn’t seem to have a good feel for this 5/8 track.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #112 on: October 16, 2023, 08:49:46 AM »
May well have been. i cant argue and wouldn't with your first hand experiences. I am sure Jimmy carried no weight down there at all as his name could up here and that cabal in pompano was very difficult to crack. very corrupt there. many prior suspended sleazy types. You know who.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal