Author Topic: just heard drivers are going to start charging $50 to qualify a horse  (Read 3977 times)

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
They really don’t want to drive qualifiers for free anymore. They are asking all tracks to bill the owners $50 for a qualifying drive to stop trainers from putting them in to qualify if they aren’t ready to go. This should be interesting.
Johnny Johnson fucked up Chicago harness racing. I hope you die !!!!

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
Re: just heard drivers are going to start charging $50 to qualify a horse
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2023, 09:38:58 PM »
They really don’t want to drive qualifiers for free anymore. They are asking all tracks to bill the owners $50 for a qualifying drive to stop trainers from putting them in to qualify if they aren’t ready to go. This should be interesting.

ngc3
In the words of SCM,,I GOTTA EAT!

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2023, 09:50:32 PM »
I wonder why they didn’t do this earlier. I started thinking half of them don’t even show up anyway so why not just let young guys who are wanting to learn how to drive just let them drive?  Each track could have a list of qualifying drivers only who are willing to drive horses in the qualifiers only and save owners money

comeonman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2023, 09:53:36 PM »
Stop the insanity

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2023, 10:00:02 PM »
Fucking primadonnas.

Frank the Zipper

• Stakes Horse
  • Shoot 'em up
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2023, 10:00:49 PM »
They should charge $75 for 2yo's

caddy

• Stakes Horse
  • vienerschnitzel
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2023, 10:03:16 PM »
They are asking all tracks to bill the owners $50 for a qualifying drive

when they get a race drive will they hand the trainer a $50 if they don't get a check ?

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2023, 10:11:33 PM »
good idea larry
i am sure owners would pay if the drivers stop charging for their travel expenses

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2023, 10:47:01 PM »
good idea larry
i am sure owners would pay if the drivers stop charging for their travel expenses
Not my idea. Just heard from a friend at Pocono who says d they are starting to charge for qualifying drives. I thought it’s ridiculous. .

Miguel_Sanchez

• Open / FFA
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2023, 11:17:30 PM »
when they get a race drive will they hand the trainer a $50 if they don't get a check ?

When you get hurt working at your job they pay you?  When you go to work and the company makes no money you tell them "Don't worry about paying me?"  If it's so damn easy go get your helmet and colors and step right up.

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2023, 12:07:02 AM »
Exactly! I had one of the primadonas drive a horse into the fence after the mile because she was hot behind the gate! There were 3ft slide marks on the track he was going so fast. The horse was sore behind afterwards and it ended up being a torn suspensory! He had about 375k lifetime and was set to make 100k for the 3rd year in a row! Never made another start! Had I known that it was my last trip to the track, I would have busted his teeth when he look forward after hanging the lines up! These guys have ego and attitudes because when they drive stupid and don't apologize, nobody speaks up!

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2023, 12:16:38 AM »

This is wrong. I can understand if they don't want to qualify one that's not ready, but once upon a time you took a qualifying drive in hopes of getting the purse drive on the horse. Obviously there's not enough quality catch drivers. Supply and demand.

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2023, 12:31:04 AM »
Once we allow one track to do this, it will be impossible to stop. The Owners and Trainers must take a stance and hold together! It would be funny as hell if all the Drivers came to the track and there were ZERO horses to drive! ngc3 ngc3

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2023, 12:48:42 AM »
When you get hurt working at your job they pay you?  When you go to work and the company makes no money you tell them "Don't worry about paying me?"  If it's so damn easy go get your helmet and colors and step right up.
I don’t think that is a fair comparison. Although I think the idea of paying them for a qualifying drive isn’t right if they get the drive for purse money, they are risking their livelihood if they go down in a qualifying race. I don’t like the idea because I’m so used to drivers who just drive and shut up. These guys today aren’t half the drivers or horsemen of yesteryear.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2023, 05:56:07 AM »
This is wrong. I can understand if they don't want to qualify one that's not ready, but once upon a time you took a qualifying drive in hopes of getting the purse drive on the horse. Obviously there's not enough quality catch drivers. Supply and demand.
Correct

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal