Author Topic: They need new names for these big races and drop the dancer and haughton BS  (Read 3598 times)

Emperor Dapple

• Stakes Horse
It’s time to get rid of all of those old guys named after races and start with some of the new young guys in today’s harness game. Nobody gives a shit about what those old dead guys did in the 1960’s. Let’s get rid of Haughton and Dancer and replace their names some of the new rising stars of harness racing. Nobody in the grandstand even knows who those guy are. Let them Rest In Peace and give some of these new young guys a chance.

You know what at first i thought ur idea was crazy but the more i think about it ur correct.. The big races should change their names to more current Harness racing names that have actually been popular in the news the last several years..
At Yonkers change the Borgata ( Formerly The GM Levy ) to The Rene Allard Series ..
At Freehold , The Dexter Cup to The Nicky Boy Surick Sandals Cup..
At Pocono maybe something like The Chris Oakes Claiming Series

At least those names are still relevant and recognizable to everyone

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
You know what at first i thought ur idea was crazy but the more i think about it ur correct.. The big races should change their names to more current Harness racing names that have actually been popular in the news the last several years..
At Yonkers change the Borgata ( Formerly The GM Levy ) to The Rene Allard Series ..
At Freehold , The Dexter Cup to The Nicky Boy Surick Sandals Cup..
At Pocono maybe something like The Chris Oakes Claiming Series

At least those names are still relevant and recognizable to everyone
I don’t agree with that either but why even tag any name on a race or series? Why can’t it be the 600,000 three year old open pace? Why put a name on anything ?
Johnny Johnson fucked up Chicago harness racing. I hope you die !!!!

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
I don’t agree with that either but why even tag any name on a race or series? Why can’t it be the 600,000 three year old open pace? Why put a name on anything ?

How about the Fishman Altered Label Handicap! Winning trainer gets 5K added to their commissary!
In the words of SCM,,I GOTTA EAT!

HornbyDuke

• Elite
Im not sure who dorothy haughton was; no disrespect to her. Give race names time, most will change regardless of our views. Hambletonian likely never changing.

Id like to see sponsors like college bowl games, yonkers levy could be become Dorito Nacho Pace.

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
Im not sure who dorothy haughton was; no disrespect to her. Give race names time, most will change regardless of our views. Hambletonian likely never changing.

Id like to see sponsors like college bowl games, yonkers levy could be become Dorito Nacho Pace.

How about the EX-Lax pace, for people who don't give a shit!

Fuguzzi

• Elite

Dorothy "Dotty" Haughton was Billy's wife. Classy lady who lost her first born son and husband just a few years apart.

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
Dorothy "Dotty" Haughton was Billy's wife. Classy lady who lost her first born son and husband just a few years apart.
People die all of the time so why name a race after her? I mean this makes no sense.
Johnny Johnson fucked up Chicago harness racing. I hope you die !!!!

Brown jug

• Elite
Just like removing statues and shines of George Washington and Thomas Jefferson. Away with the old and in with the new..Posted by: Larry Bird Boy
ahh, another left wing liberal snow flake joins the site
the atrocity of the past ...blah blah blah !!!

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
While were changing names, does the Little Brown Jug, become the 750ml Bottle?
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

Calhoun

• Elite
Just like removing statues and shines of George Washington and Thomas Jefferson. Away with the old and in with the new..Posted by: Larry Bird Boy
ahh, another left wing liberal snow flake joins the site
the atrocity of the past ...blah blah blah !!!
oooooh look...

A MAGA retard slithers out from under his rock. 

Welcome back cracka

Superfecta

• Elite

Action Bail Bonds Trot  tmbz1 tmbz1

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
While were changing names, does the Little Brown Jug, become the 750ml Bottle?
No Its called the Hennessy Pace. So the  O0 can relate!

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
I agree we should get rid of Dancer and Haughton. Let’s rename them Trump and Biden. Just saying…

Brown jug

• Elite
thanks calhoun
i guess to you and bird boy the country is  currently in great shape
its never been worse and has little hope of recovery

onabrake

• Open / FFA
thanks calhoun
i guess to you and bird boy the country is  currently in great shape
its never been worse and has little hope of recovery

Job market extremely strong, inflation heading straight south, tech stocks over, at or approaching all time highs, cd's paying 5.5 %, savings rates at 5 plus percent, yeah it's never been worse. Keep dreaming magamoron. They should name a harness race after you...... POOR BROWN JUG.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    May 13, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes it still offers that same cool sensation.
    May 12, 2024, 09:49:40 AM
  • SwankToliverA: Rooster- ppl still use Noxzema?
    May 11, 2024, 03:34:17 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal