Author Topic: They need new names for these big races and drop the dancer and haughton BS  (Read 3599 times)

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
Now who on this site catfishes to see the pigeons flock on a regular basis not caring what people think about him?  ;D

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
I'm all for the "CEBA HORSEY SLASHING DERBY!"

73cv.2 tmbz1
In the words of SCM,,I GOTTA EAT!

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".

who the hell was larry bird??????

Most overrated basketball player right behind Earvin Johnson.
He who laughs last, laughs best.

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
The Lou Pena open pace, anything goes. Just plain stupid idea.

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
The Cassie Coleman Yogurt Pace!

ngc3
In the words of SCM,,I GOTTA EAT!

Fuguzzi

• Elite

You cant possibly believe Earvin Magic Johnson was overrated.

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!

Delusional people have no boundaries.  ngc3
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".

You are absolutely wrong.   The three "best" players of that era were Larry Canary, Earvin Johnson and Chris Mullen. You could search basketball history and not find three slower players. That was the dark ages of the NBA. Earvin isn't even top five in Laker's history.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 03:17:21 PM by Bernie Madoff »
He who laughs last, laughs best.

Fuguzzi

• Elite

You are absolutely wrong.   The three "best" players of that era were Larry Canary, Earvin Johnson and Chris Mullen. You could search basketball history and not find three slower players. That was the dark ages of the NBA. Earvin isn't even top five in Laker's history.
Go look at Bleacher report  Just one source   get an education  Consensus rankings put him at the top of Lakers greatest players ever    your analysis about him being slow is absurd   Stepped in and played center when Kareem got hurt    Magic is the only NBA player in history to win Championships starting at each position  Center  Forward  Guard   ( NBA Finals   % championships  Jerry west by comparison won 1 out of 9

Fuguzzi

• Elite
BTW  Magic Johnson 3 NBA CHampionship MVPS       Kobe 2

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite

Now stop it with comparing a true sport like basketball where players are paid 100 million a year to play to harness racing where half the world never even heard of. You can go abroad and ask a 15 year old kid of he ever heard of Michael Jordan, or magic, or Kobe and ask that same kid if he knows who dancer, haughton or Miller is and they’ll think you’re some kind of weirdo. Get rid of these old men who were probably good horsemen but why not do something to change the face of harness racing.
Johnny Johnson fucked up Chicago harness racing. I hope you die !!!!

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
Now stop it with comparing a true sport like basketball where players are paid 100 million a year to play to harness racing where half the world never even heard of. You can go abroad and ask a 15 year old kid of he ever heard of Michael Jordan, or magic, or Kobe and ask that same kid if he knows who dancer, haughton or Miller is and they’ll think you’re some kind of weirdo. Get rid of these old men who were probably good horsemen but why not do something to change the face of harness racing.

Point taken. But is a 15 year old kid still not going to think your a weirdo, is you mention Talter, Svanstedt, Burke etc. etc.???
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
Point taken. But is a 15 year old kid still not going to think your a weirdo, is you mention Talter, Svanstedt, Burke etc. etc.???
Yes absolutely if you’re trying to argue that the NBA basketball star players are the equivalent of harness racing star players. Like I said most everyone knows about basketball on some level while most everyone DOES NOT even know what harness racing is.

Mazola

• Stakes Horse
Nobody knows who in the heck dancer or haughton was. Call the races after today’s current people. Leave the past in the past. I never heard of half these people

Its called respect. Something that these new generations have no fucking clue about. Its all about them ffs. These are the kids that were brought up with time outs and no discipline and get an award for finishing last. Teachers get fired for failing them or even a bad mark.

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
Its called respect. Something that these new generations have no fucking clue about. Its all about them ffs. These are the kids that were brought up with time outs and no discipline and get an award for finishing last. Teachers get fired for failing them or even a bad mark.
I want to be clear that I’m not trying to disrespect any of these guys. I’m just saying that change is inevitable. I’m sure these guys were good and did very well in their time but we are trying to save a dead game and talking about the past isn’t helping. We have to live in the current timeframe or else we’re going backwards. These old men had their day in the sun so now let the young guys take over.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    May 13, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes it still offers that same cool sensation.
    May 12, 2024, 09:49:40 AM
  • SwankToliverA: Rooster- ppl still use Noxzema?
    May 11, 2024, 03:34:17 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal