Author Topic: DEAR NFL  (Read 20487 times)

exported

• Stakes Horse
Re: DEAR NFL
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2016, 10:33:47 PM »
Here is some words of wisdom my Grandfather once said...........Ba ck in 1984 when the Detroit Tigers win the World Series , 2nd baseman Lou Whitaker and out fielder Larry Herndon wouldn't stand for the national anthem because they both proclaimed to be Jehovas Witnesses and it was against that religion to acknowledge any type of holidays , birthdays or any anthems that praised our nation.......... Grandad said something to me I never forgot.     He said "if it weren't for what the National Anthem stands for , those guys would still be picking cotton down in Georgia "!     A true genius of a statement .....

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2016, 10:39:51 PM »
Here is some words of wisdom my Grandfather once said...........Ba ck in 1984 when the Detroit Tigers win the World Series , 2nd baseman Lou Whitaker and out fielder Larry Herndon wouldn't stand for the national anthem because they both proclaimed to be Jehovas Witnesses and it was against that religion to acknowledge any type of holidays , birthdays or any anthems that praised our nation.......... Grandad said something to me I never forgot.     He said "if it weren't for what the National Anthem stands for , those guys would still be picking cotton down in Georgia "!     A true genius of a statement .....
great way to put it ty

Artsplace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2016, 10:46:59 PM »
Just curious how many of you stand during national anthem at home when watching the games on tv? I dont think ive ever seen anyone stand during national anthem at sports bars.

Pompano Gambler

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2016, 10:56:43 PM »
Just curious how many of you stand during national anthem at home when watching the games on tv? I dont think ive ever seen anyone stand during national anthem at sports bars.

Its expected at live events. Everyone at the track stands.

exported

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2016, 11:56:49 PM »
.   You're DEFINATELY missing the point , these lowlife idiots are doing this nonsense in open public , not respecting our countries National Anthem is not only Un American , it's an act of disloyalty and disrespect. Let me ask you this, would you allow your children to sit during the NA?   If you would , then I would call you a modern day Benadict Arnold .

Artsplace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2016, 07:29:35 AM »
.   You're DEFINATELY missing the point , these lowlife idiots are doing this nonsense in open public , not respecting our countries National Anthem is not only Un American , it's an act of disloyalty and disrespect. Let me ask you this, would you allow your children to sit during the NA?   If you would , then I would call you a modern day Benadict Arnold .

I get the point totally. The Anthem should always be respected. My family and I always stand at home when we hear the Anthem. It just seemed hypocritical that folks that dont always stand when they hear the Anthem are all of a sudden up in arms when black folks sit in protest of their ongoin oppression. Whether its a public event or not , the Anthem is the Anthem. IMO you should always stand wherever you are.

bigwrench

• Living Legend
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2016, 08:11:01 AM »
Fuck those  O0 in the NfL

at least Hockey gets it right!

ONE COACH John Tortarello
( not sure of the spelling)
Stated "Disrespect or sit when anthem is played"
That is a free ticket to be BENCHED!
no hockey player likes that to happen
Black lives matter? WTF
I was taught all lives matter!
Especially the lives of us rednecks
And our Horsez!!

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2016, 10:14:50 AM »
The NFL said there isn't any rule in their book that says a player has to stand for the national anthem. Times are changing. Like I posted on plop so many times before, just cause your in the military doesn't make you special. The military like anything else is a job. If those to enlist don't like it quit just as an accountant would quit his job if he don't like it. That black dude who isn't even a starting QB by the way does t wanna stand and nobody even took a second look and paid him any attention, he's be gone in two games and no teams would pick him up. But because the stupid news media make a big deal out of some QB who most people never heard of because he sucks, he gets the attention he was looking for to revive his career. They guy isn't anything. Not a good athlete, not s good QB, not s hood person. I'll bet anyone within five years he will have been arrested on some charge. Now this goofy looking fellow is one person who should have an example made out of and have to face our black retired military fighters and they'll tell his stupid ass how much black lives matter. It sounded like the other night the people of San Francisco want him gone. They have enough problems with the whole gay rights stuff going on there. He's a bad apple a d just not very good at what he does. Gabbert the real starting QB showed his ass what it's all about. Lol dummy
Johnny Johnson fucked up Chicago harness racing. I hope you die !!!!

Pompano Gambler

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2016, 10:26:09 AM »
The NFL said there isn't any rule in their book that says a player has to stand for the national anthem. Times are changing. Like I posted on plop so many times before, just cause your in the military doesn't make you special. The military like anything else is a job. If those to enlist don't like it quit just as an accountant would quit his job if he don't like it. That black dude who isn't even a starting QB by the way does t wanna stand and nobody even took a second look and paid him any attention, he's be gone in two games and no teams would pick him up. But because the stupid news media make a big deal out of some QB who most people never heard of because he sucks, he gets the attention he was looking for to revive his career. They guy isn't anything. Not a good athlete, not s good QB, not s hood person. I'll bet anyone within five years he will have been arrested on some charge. Now this goofy looking fellow is one person who should have an example made out of and have to face our black retired military fighters and they'll tell his stupid ass how much black lives matter. It sounded like the other night the people of San Francisco want him gone. They have enough problems with the whole gay rights stuff going on there. He's a bad apple a d just not very good at what he does. Gabbert the real starting QB showed his ass what it's all about. Lol dummy

He is not the only one. Plenty of black starters around the league are disrespecting our country also. Don't pay don't watch!

BehindBlueEyes

• Open / FFA
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2016, 12:07:10 PM »
NFL just announced players wearing socks supporting 9-11 will be fined.
About a half dozen fined.
Nothing to those disrespecting the Flag and Country.

michael666

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2016, 04:23:30 PM »
NFL just announced players wearing socks supporting 9-11 will be fined.
About a half dozen fined.
Nothing to those disrespecting the Flag and Country.
That is a Travesty

SpencerRossJr

• Open / FFA
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2016, 04:33:34 PM »

Please tell me what network shows the playing/singing of the anthem??? CBS ? Fox ? ESPN on NFL telecasts?  NO!!! They are in commercial making $$$. In the NY metro area I do not believe SNY YES MSG etc show the anthem>>>>>
Players and Network TV all exercising their freedom of speech and expression. Without that First amendment right this country is no better than dictatorships around the world..I Have attended 3000 events in my life, I would never not stand. Do not agree with NFL players. However I loathe the Gen X and Millinials who talk during the anthem, those folks are just privileged ASSHOLES!

Bacchus

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2016, 08:46:15 AM »
A couple thoughts. -

I'm more likely to blame the 49er owners for not cutting him on the spot.  It's not good for the team for a back up to be causing this drama.  Any employee of mine would have been fired on the spot.  I would rather have Jeff Gural as my back-up then this guy causing a shit show.

Most if not all the People at the OTB including myself stand for the National Anthem when it plays for the first time of the day at the major track playing i.e. Belmont Aquaduct etc even if we are not at the live track.

Another pet peeve is when the tv stations don't show the God Bless America performance and honoring during the mid 7th inning at Yankee games.  National networks never do but kudos to the Yes network for losing a commercial and showing the complete honoring and performance.

At the Eighth Pole

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2016, 09:02:13 AM »
Now. Who isn't watching the best bet in town... Mark FEBRUARY 7, 2017 on your calendars. Superbowl is definitely a no watch NFL game, for some of yall I guess.   

P>S> I'm taking BUF on a +6 tease. If I lose this 1k bucks, shit, I ain't standing either.  20% of horseplop just put on Trumpster hats and will be in full salute in the anthem rooting for the jets. lol 

who wants and over/under on the number who sit tonight??

POINT SPREAD
Westgate   -1
+1   NYJ: -110
BUF: -110

BOVADA.lv   -1.5
+1.5   NYJ: -115
BUF: -105

BETONLINE.ag   -1.5
+1.5   NYJ: -110

SportsBetting.ag   -1.5
+1.5   NYJ: -110

5Dimes.eu   -1.5
+1.5   NYJ: -103
BUF: -107

Boxed In

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2016, 09:37:49 AM »
What pisses me off all these sports commentators are taking this low lifes side and airing their opinion on t.v...Atleast have opinions on both sides..E.S.P.N ARE RACIST LOWLIFE SCUMBAGS !!!

THE American Flag stands for alot more people then just the police ..and besides there is good and bad in all.  There are manyyyyyy police heroes..

IF THESE FUCKING MONKEYS WOULD GET JOBS ..they would have less time to protest...

YEAAA I WANNA BE A COP !!!!

PHOENIX, AZ --
Dramatic surveillance video captured the moment a man intentionally crashed into three police officers at a Phoenix gas station, according to officials.

Phoenix police said the attack happened at a QuickTrip gas station at about 1:45 a.m. on Tuesday.

Authorities said the officers had just completed a call and were standing in the parking lot debriefing the incident when 44-year-old Marc Payne intentionally drove his car into them.

The car struck two of the three officers and a patrol cruiser. One of the officers was able to jump out of the way.

Police said Payne then violently struggled with the officers for several minutes before being taken into custody.

The two officers struck by the car sustained serious, but non-life threatening injuries.

The third officer who was able to jump out of the way of the car sustained some injuries during the extended struggle with Payne.

Officials said Payne faces three counts of attempted murder and two counts of aggravated assault.

http://abc13.com/news/video-man-rams-car-into-3-officers-police-say/1510276/
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 09:44:34 AM by Boxed In »

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal