Author Topic: America will wake up  (Read 16909 times)

bigwrench

• Living Legend
Re: America will wake up
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2020, 01:10:38 AM »
Fuk face Fau-Chi a snake !
A crook who broke the law sent a few million
To the Chinks to make this virus after being told Not To
By homeland security
Fau- Chi. Should be in jail like you know who
(Hillary)
Black lives matter? WTF
I was taught all lives matter!
Especially the lives of us rednecks
And our Horsez!!

harnessplop

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2020, 04:36:12 AM »
Pandemic is bad

slimshady

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2020, 05:34:38 AM »
HELP  "hey're not only testing people in vulnerable groups, they are also testing people of any age that have symptoms. What ever system they use, if they use it equally, Sweden still has the higher death rate compared to the US, which is what we are talking about on here."

I think the herd mentality theory that Sweden went with was, without going on lock down, we accept that we may have more infections during the initial hit of the virus, but we won't have as large a problem during round 2.  It will be a year before there is enough data to confirm if one strategy was better or worse than the other. 

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2020, 06:30:12 AM »
STOP WATCHING CNN YOU IDIOT ITS WARPED YOUR BRAIN
tmbz1

Acrossawire

• NW-1
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2020, 09:38:47 AM »
I think everyone is missing the big story here. What's behind this new found love the Used Car Salesman has for Sweden? Is he looking for a new trainer and trying to get Jimmy out of "retirement"? I gotta admit having a barn full of them swede grooms would be a huge plus for any owner.

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2020, 11:00:27 AM »
Number 1 risk for serious developments from co-19 is high blood pressure. Doesn't matter I read if it's controlled, just that your being treated for it. 1/3 of adult americans are being treated for this. This puts a pretty big group in the crosshairs. Add in diabetes,  obesity, and +65 age and I'd be surprised if the number of at serious risk isnt pretty large.

Regardless, some interesting things (at least to me):

Numbers reported all show percentages of death worse in Western countries. This is probably due to more honest reporting. So I don't rely on data too much from China, Russia etc.

Sweden's way of approaching this is interesting. Possibly could turn out to be better way. Aren't they the only country going this way though. All the rest of the world (including the dictatorships) are all doing this shutdown thing. So everybody seems to think that's a better approach. One thing the shutdown approaches gives a country is more time to get it's fighting act together against this. So if you didn't have good drugs or therapy's to treat this in the first wave, you might by the second. Plus it avoids the health system collaosing. If that happens no body gets treated. Heart attacks, cancer, strokes etc.

Seems the die is cast in USA. We've absorbed the first shutdown. Those economic ills are here now. It's a pretty ugly fallout. I don't think economy can absorb much more. Certainly not much more $ in Washington to help.

So my take is we start to open up more. I suspect we'll handle with flare ups and regional quarantines until  the fall. Then we'll see if a second wave comes (as I'd did with Spanish flu) and forces us to shut down again. That is probably more likely than not. But we'll see.

Acrossawire

• NW-1
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2020, 01:17:05 PM »
Yeah pretty much how I see it too. One of the reasons Italy seems to have been hit harder than most in the region is because it's population is the oldest in western europe. I suspect at some point someone will put together stats that show some impoverished African country (the kind our President called a 'shithole') has a much lower death rate than the US. People who have an agenda will say it's evidence of how inept we are in dealing with this... when in reality it will be because of demographics. You won't have as many succumb to this virus if years of civil war has left you with a population mostly under the age of 30 because the old and frail were weeded out years ago.

I guess my feel right from the start was that this was serious, but it was being overhyped too. I thought at the time that all the models showing exponential growth were probably worst case and they were merely attempting to shock the general population into paying attention.

I guess I would have liked to see a bit less draconian approach... like maybe locking down counties with populations over 1 million and ones surrounding them, but leaving the rest of the state alone to just use good judgement. This would have had much the same effect, but wouldn't create these absurd situations where you are trying to tell people in flyover land that they need to take the same precautions as NYC. Of course, right off the first thing the governors did was declare an emergency (which they kinda had to do to get quick access to $ and resources like that National Guard)... but that seemed to really set the tone.

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2020, 05:00:18 PM »
Swedes did it  correctly

And
America fcked up

Can we just admit it
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

MR.DALRAE

• Living Legend
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2020, 05:12:31 PM »
Can you move to Sweden???Pronto

MR.DALRAE

• Living Legend
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2020, 09:16:18 PM »
Only need a one foot fence,,, neither can get over it

Rabbi Of Racing

« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2020, 09:55:22 PM »
God Bless you Mr. You are a good guy

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2020, 09:05:18 AM »
God Bless you Mr. You are a good guy

AND A FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN ngc3 ngc3
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Mr. Fix-It

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2020, 09:18:18 AM »
Swedes did it  correctly

And
America fcked up

Can we just admit it
For them they sure did. No subway systems. No massive borders being used 24/7. .01% of vacationers vs. the US. 10,000,000 people in decent sized country; 10% living in Stockholm area...less than NYC alone.

Sweden poster child for pre set social distancing. Virus has tough time leaving borders and entering rural areas.

Bottom line - apples to oranges!

slimshady

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2020, 09:26:43 AM »
Help  ...   "At the expense of a much larger percentage of the Swedish population dying now."

Using the Swedish data now versus Denmark now, yes.
Time will tell, if or when there is a second wave of the virus.
It may eventually show that there was a better plan for over populated cities than there was for less populated.

Mr. Fix-It

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2020, 10:21:19 AM »
Help  ...   "At the expense of a much larger percentage of the Swedish population dying now."

Using the Swedish data now versus Denmark now, yes.
Time will tell, if or when there is a second wave of the virus.
It may eventually show that there was a better plan for over populated cities than there was for less populated.
look what happened in NYC when the only "hot spot" was in New Rochelle? it spread everywhere! across this great nation trace techs are seeing hot spots in places like Albany, NY (gov business travel from NYC area suspected), Toledo (Detroit asymptomatic spreaders travelling 45 miles across state line), etc.

We're fighting an unseen enemy with thousands of asymptomatic super spreaders infecting dozens, who in turn bring home their illness to family or into the workplace.  Shutting non essential businesses, stadiums, places of worship in large gatherings was necessary because the option of herd immunity would have resulted in catastrophic loss of life, as well as an extended infection period.  What's worse is we might not break the chain of transmission entirely, so we'll have to live with this until a vaccine is developed and made available to all.

America did wake up. she made tough choices.  There figured to be a vocal minority who protested and mistook public safety for suppression of freedoms; the former must take priority over the latter, less we end up with 25,000,000 (est.) dead and counting.  My own businesses were negatively affected buy I'm lucky to be healthy and alive...something I couldn't say perhaps if we just went on and didn't shut down.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal