Author Topic: Calling all oldtimers....  (Read 3068 times)

Fuguzzi

• Elite
Calling all oldtimers....
« on: October 12, 2023, 12:51:31 PM »
I say BranchDanPrince.. ..

You say.....

Emperor Dapple

• Stakes Horse
Re: Calling all oldtimers....
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2023, 01:06:52 PM »

You say.....

i say late 70's, Skunk Oil, Herve & trainer Mike Lavalle

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2023, 01:09:44 PM »
BINGO   He won like 10 straight and it became all the rage. Some people used to say muskrat oil.   Sad that Mike Lavalee and Coco Cormier ended up humping hay and grain at YR

Good job, buddy

kooter for hipin

• Open / FFA
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2023, 02:02:44 PM »
Here's one for all to answer. In the 70's, An event took place at Yonkers when the fans attempted to burn down the track. I expect there to be very replies because it cannot, I believe, be googled under anything other than it's Federal Case #. Big time drivers were indicted. Yonkers was closed and the remainder of that meet shifted to Roosevelt. so, name of the horses and drivers & others involved.

old guy

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2023, 02:05:48 PM »
Here's one for all to answer. In the 70's, An event took place at Yonkers when the fans attempted to burn down the track. I expect there to be very replies because it cannot, I believe, be googled under anything other than it's Federal Case #. Big time drivers were indicted. Yonkers was closed and the remainder of that meet shifted to Roosevelt. so, name of the horses and drivers & others involved.

Fitzy and Speedy Pick?
Herve and Gene Abbe?
Superfecta with everybody?

kooter for hipin

• Open / FFA
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2023, 02:14:44 PM »
Fitzy and Speedy Pick?
Herve and Gene Abbe?
Superfecta with everybody?
  Wrong, and I thought for sure YOU would get this one.

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2023, 02:39:46 PM »
You are right it's impossible to find.  Best I can come up with is it was probably in 1971.  There are you tube videos of the Yonkers 62 riot and the Roosevelt 63 riot but not of the one you are talking about.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2023, 02:44:02 PM »
I knpow there was an incident very early 70s ( I started going late 74 ) that my family told me about where they threw garbage cans through the glass doors going into the clubhouse. no way I would remember a horse involved. I thought possibly Webster and Insko were involved  Only know of it in long forgotten stories.

Meadow Ford

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2023, 03:29:53 PM »

You say.....
Fuguzzi my friend,
I know you will like this because you are such a fan of Wisc fair racing.
Where was Branch Dan Prince first owned, where was he bred and raised, and where did he make his first starts?
That's right, that hot bed of racing Wisconsin.
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2023, 03:32:58 PM »
Fuguzzi my friend,
I know you will like this because you are such a fan of Wisc fair racing.
Where was Branch Dan Prince first owned, where was he bred and raised, and where did he make his first starts?
That's right, that hot bed of racing Wisconsin.
I'll never live that one down, will I   Is there some kind of Wisconson youth harness program or something for retired racehorses?  I owe them a donation.  Thanks to you and Thorn and others, I am re-learning the business tmbz1 ;D

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2023, 03:50:05 PM »
Thanks but it's just a different side of the business.  I wish I had your experiences over mine any day.  I made it to the winners circle for photos, met a few bigwigs and that was enough for me. At this point I'd rather have been sitting behind one.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2023, 03:54:53 PM »
You have taught me much of breeding, have great recall for names and dates and I find your experiences interesting to hear about. "Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from them"

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2023, 04:06:13 PM »
You have taught me much of breeding, have great recall for names and dates
Again thanks but its not recall, as I've said before my memory generally sucks and I still can't remember Leo Bauer.  ngc3

We are from the same general era and location and it's easier to remember events that shaped you then all the stuff that happened in the billion years since.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2023, 04:08:17 PM »
 ngc3 ngc3   "Billion years"  Leo Bauer - kinds short, stocky brown and yellow colors   Was said to have grown eyes in the back of his head courtesy of Henri Filion   

Par Four

• 4 claimer
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2023, 04:38:32 PM »
Anybody see the interview Larry Rolla had with Larry Mazza. They didn’t go too deep so I guess you will have to read Mazzas book and there will be a movie made in Hollywood once the strikes are over.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    Today at 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    Today at 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    Today at 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    May 13, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal