Author Topic: CONGRATS TO BILL ROBINSON  (Read 7042 times)

Barnet Garnsdale

• Open / FFA
  • I GAVE CASIE THE YOGURT AT THE JUG
CONGRATS TO BILL ROBINSON
« on: March 30, 2019, 06:39:03 AM »
 A  TIP OF MY FEDORA TO BILL ON HIS NOMINATION TO BE A MEMBER OF THE CANADIAN HORSE RACING HALL OF FAME.  TELL ANDREW COHEN TO KISS YOR ASS AND SMELL YOUR GAS.

YOU HAVE ADDED MORE TO HARNESS RACING THAN ALL OTHERS COMBINED, YOU RACED TO WIN AND FOR SOME REASON THAT PISSES A LOT OF THE HIGHER BRASS OFF.  YOU WERE A MAN WHO WAS ON THE LEADING EDGE OF TECHNOLOGY AND FOR THAT WE ARE GRATEFUL.
  I WILL BE THERE LIVE AND IN COLOUR FOR YOUR ADMISSION

DID I SAY FUCK ANDREW COHEN? 
WHO THE FUCK DO HE THINK HE BE, EH?

Yonkers1

• Elite
Re: CONGRATS TO BILL ROBINSON
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 06:59:01 AM »
Bill Robinson should be banded from racing for life, plus anyone who nominated him should be banded for 10 years
Yonkers now the #1 track in the nation

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 08:07:36 AM »
can someone give a brief version of the storey
he was on top , than suspended , then has been back for 10 or 15 years training about 2 horses a year
but others who get suspended come back or get beards, what was the deal with bill???

slimshady

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 09:11:11 AM »
The most famous Chemist in Canadian sport history.
Owners and trainers stopped by with their horses on the way to the track.  (just to say hello)
He made a dirty fortune before his career delaying suspension.
He's back with the same training skill, but not the chemical support.
His win % seems to be a little lower.

I'm sure there are many horsemen he cheated out of purse money in the day, that will feel pretty bitter about this nomination.  Time doesn't change history.

eyeinthesky

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 10:37:50 AM »
"The most famous Chemist in Canadian sport history."

The best Robinson story I heard, took place in the 80's. Bill was racing in the afternoon at Meadowlands, and later that evening at Mohawk.   
He and his driver left  Newark Airport on a plane destined for Toronto...a 2 hour trip. They had no luggage, just carry on stuff.   Bill put his attache case in the overhead bin for the flight.
They were  in the air for about 10 minutes, when the plane hit some bad turbulence....... ..causing a few of the overhead bins  to open...........in cluding the one that had Bill's case in it.  The case fell on the airplane floor......opened up...... and 2 bottles inside his case...broke open, and spilled on the carpet on the airplane floor.
The plane arrived in Toronto.......1 hour  ahead of schedule

slimshady

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 10:48:23 AM »
eyeinthesky   ...    LOL
Only the best, good or bad, have jokes created about them.

zoot

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2019, 11:04:21 AM »
bill was a nice guy......but vicious when it came to taking every edge to win races. he somehow started sending horses to compete at the meadowlands to monty gelrod and carl conte at showplace farm. both likable but monte, literally could not assemble an empie harness out of the box. those horses were loaded for bear and that's the way they raced. like wild horses out of the Canadian wilderness.

the master

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2019, 12:49:44 PM »
Hopefully, this cheating sob will get no further than the nominating stage!

TTitans1

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2019, 12:54:17 PM »

The best Robinson story I heard, took place in the 80's. Bill was racing in the afternoon at Meadowlands, and later that evening at Mohawk.   
He and his driver left  Newark Airport on a plane destined for Toronto...a 2 hour trip. They had no luggage, just carry on stuff.   Bill put his attache case in the overhead bin for the flight.
They were  in the air for about 10 minutes, when the plane hit some bad turbulence....... ..causing a few of the overhead bins  to open...........in cluding the one that had Bill's case in it.  The case fell on the airplane floor......opened up...... and 2 bottles inside his case...broke open, and spilled on the carpet on the airplane floor.

LOL good one!

vinnie

• Top Claimer
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2019, 03:21:43 PM »

The way I heard the story was that although they got there 1 hour early , it took another 2 hours for the plane to come down.

eyeinthesky

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2019, 05:38:47 PM »
Vinnie

Good post

I'll add  it ..the next time I tell this story

mwins

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2019, 09:21:55 AM »
Only met him 1 time.
Sent him a horse to train. A week later he contacted me, asking me to come get the horse. When I arrived he told me there was nothing he could do to improve that horse. I thanked him for trying, and asked what I owed for the week. He said nothing, since he didn't help me at all.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

• Open / FFA
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2019, 09:49:14 AM »
Children, please.

My heeeeeeeeb friends on this worthless forum, Unable to Earn and Bernie Made Off With the Dough, tell me to go easy on tribe members.  The Maywood Midget says ATC is a decent guy.  And I have been easier on Jewffrey although he doesn't deserve it and never will.

But I draw the line at Andrew Cohen.  This hook nosed scumbag has reappeared after we had him run off.  He is the lowest of the lowest.  Remember it all started because he owned 2% of that rat with Linda Toscano that Pena destroyed.  So Cohen was the one who started "da shit."  He's a no-good, jealous, know-nothing mother fucker.

And you don't have to take my word for it.  None other than another heeb, this time the most impressive, Marty Adler, has said it all in HRU.  Read it.  Cohen needs to slither back under whatever stale matzo ball he's been living under.  Until next time, Zionists......... .......HEIL HITLER!!

Jctoronto

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2019, 11:12:32 AM »
Im at greenwood one night 30 yes ago..3 or 4 guys together..i believe bill was one...heard one of them say something about 'morphine tongue tie'....i was relatively new to game then..anybody heard of that?

Watchandtell

• 4 claimer
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2019, 11:13:03 PM »
I've met Bill a few times. Nothing but a nice guy. Completely unlike the clownshows of recent where guys show up out of no where and are better than Billy Haughton, Bill had big stables and moved (almost) everything forward.

I don't think he did anything that wasn't being done by 100 other guys... and compared to now.. Hay and Oats!!!

Again back at Greenwood I sitting in the dining room with 3 other guys and Bill is walking towards the table so I ask him to sit down for a drink and he does. We were all just shooting the breeze and after Bill finishes his drink he leans over and says his horse in the 8th he has him right now and let the guys know. The horse was at the Meadowlands with Gelrod and did nothing so Bill shipped him back and went to work on him and the horse was off 2 weeks. Condren was driving and left off the wings from the 6 hole and was never headed the whole mile, won opening up mid stretch. Best price I ever got on a Robinson horse 16.80

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Thats self centered to the max Madoff.
    May 19, 2024, 09:08:38 PM
  • Laag: ruthless
    May 19, 2024, 05:57:58 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: I come in my hand.
    May 19, 2024, 11:31:18 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: it comes in handy
    May 16, 2024, 02:49:07 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: No do explain...
    May 16, 2024, 11:48:54 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    May 16, 2024, 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal