Author Topic: MEADOWLANDS HANDLE BOTTOMS OUT. LIKE ANY COMPANY MAJOR CHANGES IN THE WORKS  (Read 2514 times)

Locked in with pace

• Stakes Horse
The 3 million-a-night handle streak ended last night. Handled only 2.6 M. Curious about what is in the future. Layoffs? New Rules? Losing more money nightly can't continue forever!!!

The had a really nice streak but now what?

carl baldwin

• Stakes Horse
Most people are recovering from their derby loss last weekend.

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
  • Part Human, Part Machine, Better Part Canine
Most people are recovering from their derby loss last weekend.

That's a very good point, the pinnacle of racing and an OD of sorts, always possibly can cause a retraction.  Mage backers not BigM fans, we can always ask his owner, our BRO Dink!   tmbz1

Jeff Gural with 4 purses under $10k, 3 amateur races yesterday, 1/2 the card was a joke so kudos to the huge amount he did make even falling below (gambler) expectations.

Jeff Gural is getting his first makeover, first name change - Geff Jural, there!  Also his nickname of course AntiMoses of Gaming.  BigM next....!  ;D

It's Official!

HornbyDuke

• Elite
Not a great card at big m. Though a lot of friday cards seem that way. Carl probably sighting one variable in reduction in purse. Also some $ probably going to knick, yankee, met and laker games. I bet a few if those  myself last night.

Not sure what is going on with those goofy in btw two person cart races. Does anyone enjoy them other than the few participants and their families? Too me, an unquestionably  bona fide long time harness race fan these stink - just a waste of time. Also makes the big m look third rate. I nean can anyone outside the participants and their families care at all. I know a couple if bucks are given to charity but couldnt there be another way to do that that wasnt so third rate. Not like any sizeable $ scratch going to charities. Even kens calls of these suggest disinterest.First one visually i knew in last 50 yards what cart was going to win but kens call was one of a race caller who didnt seem to care - just a poor call.

Who needs that crap; and i dont blame ken in the least. Clown card debacle races,  which include these and "club" ( sometimes labeled as amateur) races, just foster image of a track that no longer understands what it meant to be regal. How can a guy of his stature be asked to concentrate on that crap.

Spectacles like the clown cart and club races belong at a vernon downs, they are not befitting what once was a fabled venue!

Superfecta

• Elite
A lot of $2.60 winners means pass to many gamblers.

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite

It's a very narrow turn of mind Bro....

Race 3, 7 horses, 1/9 on top $0.10 Superfecta payout 6-7-3-5 $29.38 is 293.8-1 odds in a $18,822.37 pool.  tmbz1

Race 4, 7 horses, 1/5 on top, $0.10 Superfecta payout 7-2-5-6 $15.66 is 156.6-1 odds in a $22,952.51 pool.  tmbz1

Race 8, 7 horse, 1/5 on top, $0.10 Superfecta payout 3-6-1-4 $5.99 is 59.9-1 odds in a $40,441.51 pool.  tmbz1

We all need to wise up people!  Harness our strengths and consider pissing on each other here is part time to we're making money too!   ;D

It's Official!

HornbyDuke

• Elite

tmbz1polly biggest factor. Some shitty races and limited value =s less than 3 extra large.  ngc3

Im back tonight though  tmbz1!

stanetelman

• Stakes Horse
The 3 million-a-night handle streak ended last night. Handled only 2.6 M. Curious about what is in the future. Layoffs? New Rules? Losing more money nightly can't continue forever!!!

"Our fans and our horsemen have come through for us time and again during what’s been a special year for us at The Meadowlands, but tonight was not one of those nights," said track Chief Operating Officer and General Manager Jason Settlemoir. “We knew the night was off to a poor start handle wise, so we held off some races as long as we could. We had a 35 minute gap between races 5 and 6, a 27 minute gap between races 6 and 7 and a 28 minute gap between races 9 and 10. We hope this was just an off night  and not the start of a major downturn in business."

Meadowlands media relations

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
"Our fans and our horsemen have come through for us time and again during what’s been a special year for us at The Meadowlands, but tonight was not one of those nights," said track Chief Operating Officer and General Manager Jason Settlemoir. “We knew the night was off to a poor start handle wise, so we held off some races as long as we could. We had a 35 minute gap between races 5 and 6, a 27 minute gap between races 6 and 7 and a 28 minute gap between races 9 and 10. We hope this was just an off night  and not the start of a major downturn in business."

Meadowlands media relations

Canned Spam! 

The only "fans" I know in racing is I don't know any, they're called gamblers...fan my balls!   73cv.2

Provide a link for your source material....and all that shit about time between races is just booooring irrelevant crap!

Stop lying dude and signing other people's names even if in part, or all it's true of things that happened, copy and paste meister stanetelman - you're such a disjointed wannabe journalist!    ;D
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 03:39:14 PM by Senator Blutarsky »
It's Official!

wizardofoz

• Open / FFA

No layoffs. No new rules. Next weekend is the Preakness and the handle will top $3 million by a lot.

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
No layoffs. No new rules. Next weekend is the Preakness and the handle will top $3 million by a lot.

No one with a brain cell would contribute anything to the BigM unless it suits them as the bettor ie cherry pick, however, feel free to donate more and more especially on those Amat driver and <$10k purse races!  I'll be banging Dorthy, you can clean up Geff "Toto" Jural's doody off the BigM lawn WIZARDOFOZ!   ;D
It's Official!

wizardofoz

• Open / FFA
They will top $3 million again tonight! Next week will be fine as well as the Preakness brings out the casual bettors too. No layoffs. No new rules.  Jeff thanks all for their continued support!

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
They will top $3 million again tonight! Next week will be fine as well as the Preakness brings out the casual bettors too. No layoffs. No new rules.  Jeff thanks all for their continued support!

ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

It's Geff, he's welcome!

This has been us in a good mood, btw!   ;D
It's Official!

wizardofoz

• Open / FFA
Well over $3 million in fact the handle was $3,303,699.95. If you are not happy with that, there are other tracks to bet that handle $300,000 per card so enjoy that.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 12:15:45 AM by wizardofoz »

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
Well over $3 million in fact tonight after the 14th race is counted. If you are not happy with that, there are other tracks to bet that handle $300,000 per card so enjoy that.

Thanks for the suggestion....Ask Geff what tracks / races he recommends I can bet in lieu of the night cap horror show....I'll wait patiently!   73cv.2

$3 million+ like that is suppose to vaguely matter to me, us.  The next very nice bowel movement I have I'll alert Geff just like his minions pound this forum!  My relief should be his relief, NO?!   ;D   

It's Official!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: it comes in handy
    May 16, 2024, 02:49:07 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: No do explain...
    May 16, 2024, 11:48:54 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    May 16, 2024, 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal