Author Topic: Diet/Nutrition  (Read 2919 times)

bond

• Elite
Re: Diet/Nutrition
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2023, 09:24:44 AM »
That’s interesting I think I like the oil base Viobin. Either way I would never feed oats prior to exercise.

Hate to rain on your parade Gagootsy but I call nonsense on your not feeding Oats prior to exercise.

For eg---The greatest racehorse of all time--Secretariat IMHO--would eat 16 quarts of oats daily-including breakfast on race day. So I doubt if he would have run faster on any Commercial feed out there today. 50 years on -no one has beaten his records--so while feed is v. important--ability of the horse comes first.

Ive also been in top stables--and the feed in many of those contained a staple of oats.In fact ive seen some feed mostly Oats in their feed just supplemented with some chopped carrots small amount of sweet feed and topped with flavored vitamins and minerals in a mash----fed to Champions. The tryptophan--doesnt bother the horses at all. The only time Oats are not recommended is in tie up horses---as they do better on a diet of no grain at all-check out what they eat.
Im no expert-but this is what Ive seen when I visited barns with my Dad . People have become Lazy today--just buy feed already premade thinking this is the best---its much cheaper--making your own--lot more work but then hard work pays off.

bello

• Elite
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2023, 09:36:46 AM »
Interesting topic but wrong forum. Most of the jerk offs and degenerates on here could tell the difference between a horse and a donkey. They wouldn't know which end to feed.

What has a bigger penis, a horse, donkey, or a mule?

BTW, the original post was likely cut and pasted from somewhere.

Gaagoots

• Elite
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2023, 09:40:38 AM »
Interesting topic but wrong forum. Most of the jerk offs and degenerates on here could tell the difference between a horse and a donkey. They wouldn't know which end to feed.
Lance, I couldn't agree more. Most of them are just a bunch of fucking losers that pissed their money away at the windows.

Gaagoots

• Elite
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2023, 09:44:06 AM »
Hate to rain on your parade Gagootsy but I call nonsense on your not feeding Oats prior to exercise.

For eg---The greatest racehorse of all time--Secretariat IMHO--would eat 16 quarts of oats daily-including breakfast on race day. So I doubt if he would have run faster on any Commercial feed out there today. 50 years on -no one has beaten his records--so while feed is v. important--ability of the horse comes first.

Ive also been in top stables--and the feed in many of those contained a staple of oats.In fact ive seen some feed mostly Oats in their feed just supplemented with some chopped carrots small amount of sweet feed and topped with flavored vitamins and minerals in a mash----fed to Champions. The tryptophan--doesnt bother the horses at all. The only time Oats are not recommended is in tie up horses---as they do better on a diet of no grain at all-check out what they eat.
Im no expert-but this is what Ive seen when I visited barns with my Dad . People have become Lazy today--just buy feed already premade thinking this is the best---its much cheaper--making your own--lot more work but then hard work pays off.
I see your point however how do you know secretariat wouldn't have run even better on a diet of oats after exercising? You're not raining on my parade I love constructive criticism.

7minuteAbz

• Top Claimer
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2023, 07:19:10 PM »
Oats is a natural test booster, whenever you feed it

Big Red was amazing! I'm sure he attacked his feedtub.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 07:40:12 PM by 7minuteAbz »

bond

• Elite
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2023, 10:23:43 AM »

You are correct 👍 Big red ate like the Champion he was. In fact most great horses have super appetites- all the ones I’ve seen anyway.
Getting back to commercial feeds- they are convenient to use but IMHO not always the best. In fact many use inferior grains and ingredients hide it with molasses .Making feed up yourself is more satisfying and saves money and you know exactly what you are feeding and can individually feed each horse to what they like. Much better than a one for all. For example oats vary greatly in quality. You must weigh the oats in a standard quart container. The big fat oats from Canada or Minnesota are the best IMHO. I see the oats in many feeds that are cheap shit. Poor quality and of course much cheaper which is why they use them .

Gaagoots

• Elite
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2023, 10:35:15 AM »
You are correct  Big red ate like the Champion he was. In fact most great horses have super appetites- all the ones I’ve seen anyway.
Getting back to commercial feeds- they are convenient to use but IMHO not always the best. In fact many use inferior grains and ingredients hide it with molasses .Making feed up yourself is more satisfying and saves money and you know exactly what you are feeding and can individually feed each horse to what they like. Much better than a one for all. For example oats vary greatly in quality. You must weigh the oats in a standard quart container. The big fat oats from Canada or Minnesota are the best IMHO. I see the oats in many feeds that are cheap shit. Poor quality and of course much cheaper which is why they use them .
If you take a handful of sweet feed and wash it with warm water you would be shocked at the quality of the grains the same goes for pellets. I definitely agree with making up your own feed. I always felt steamed crimps oats out of Minnesota were the best. I was never a fan of sweet feed,  I would add blackstrap molasses and mix it.

Gaagoots

• Elite
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2023, 10:38:06 AM »

I disagree on whenever you feed it.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal