Author Topic: Notorious Driver combinations - how many can you name?  (Read 2930 times)

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
  • Part Human, Part Machine, Better Part Canine
Re: Notorious Driver combinations - how many can you name?
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2023, 05:31:36 PM »
I should not have started this thread because this is what it devolves into   Sorry to everyone on here

Why Michel "Mike" Lachance was his own duo ALL IN ONE - the very talented soft spoken driver / coked up crooked cash criminal all in the same sulky!  ngc3
It's Official!

FirstUpFrom8Hole

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2023, 05:55:17 PM »
I'd be very surprised is luc and case were in collusion on anything.

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2023, 06:05:09 PM »

Case was Luc's mentor, he cloned his style...Lachance was Luc's in as the unc.

But opinions vary, Case ruled the roost, called the shots with selected trainers & OC & oblivious regulatory-management and was fully hi the whole ride! 

Who better to set up a number when you have 1 2 locked in whenever you want! 
It's Official!

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2023, 06:35:24 PM »
  TYVM   I know u know whats happening as do i   Cant and wont argue with the Senator  NO WAY CASE AND LUC WORKED TOGETHER

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2023, 06:40:52 PM »
  TYVM   I know u know whats happening as do i   Cant and wont argue with the Senator  NO WAY CASE AND LUC WORKED TOGETHER

It was an organic thing one the very best and distanced -  second the absolute exacta end...ORGANIC!  ;D
It's Official!

remington

• Open / FFA
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2023, 06:41:20 PM »
YR/RR There were three major groups in the late sixties and seventies. If you were there you knew which ones worked together and a few were by themselves. Dauplaise Cobb Meyers worked by themselves and were very successful.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2023, 06:53:01 PM »
YR/RR There were three major groups in the late sixties and seventies. If you were there you knew which ones worked together and a few were by themselves. Dauplaise Cobb Meyers worked by themselves and were very successful.
I am 60 so too young for the 60s. I of course know the people you are talking about   As a kid I followed Norman Dauplaise  I remember Larry Battaglia training for him and Rene Poulin coming out under him  He had that Saddle Rock Stable   i used to wait for him to win at a price with Sirota anderson - just shy of a true open horse.  Saw a bit of eddie Cobb and almost none of alan and Ellis Meyer but have been told they were excellent    ty for the input

tumbleweed

• Open / FFA
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2023, 07:39:03 PM »
I actually got to train Mickey Rodney towards the end of his career when the owner chose to bring him to the farm setting. We still had Norman drive him though. He was still an open trotter.

remington

• Open / FFA
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2023, 07:40:36 PM »
Larry Battaglia started out in Freehold with a couple of horses that I think his father owned. He was a great guy good trainer and a lot of fun. he liked to drink beer probably fit right in with Norman. I knew them all and all the rest of them but don't want to tell true stories about them on here. When Lachance first came to NY I think Yonkers the driving colony ran him all over the track. He had to leave. He went to Brandywine, Liberty Bell and when he came back to NY, he had a powerhouse stable and then the drivers had to work with him.

remington

• Open / FFA
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2023, 07:42:07 PM »
Larry Battaglia started out in Freehold with a couple of horses that I think his father owned. He was a great guy good trainer and a lot of fun. he liked to drink beer probably fit right in with Norman. I knew them all and all the rest of them but don't want to tell true stories about them on here. When Lachance first came to NY I think Yonkers the driving colony ran him all over the track. He had to leave. He went to Brandywine, Liberty Bell and when he came back to NY, he had a powerhouse stable and then the drivers had to work with him.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2023, 07:52:10 PM »
Nice memories. to get to sit behind the great Mickey Rodney  COOL!   Around 1990 after RR closed Larry was on his own and had a top flighjt groom called Bobby Lisandro  a quiet older very dedicated good person    Anyway Larry had the great open trotter Fortune Mark who really flourished under Bobby's care   Fortune Mark had epic duels with Harold Story's world class mare Scenic Regal  They would trade the 7 and 8 hole at Steve Starr's whim and run 1 = 2 week after week Top of the stretch they would be neck and neck and legend has it that herve would look at Harold and say you wanna win or should I> Usually a neck or less separated them at the wire    Exacta always paid $20   so even if you boxed you still got at least 5 - 1 and if u guessed right you got 10-1   awesome times

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2023, 07:53:08 PM »
I heard Larry was into Scuba diving or something like that too

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2023, 08:10:20 PM »
I forgot Buddy Gilmour and his waterboy, Real Cormier

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2023, 08:32:14 PM »
At Monti
Greg and Mike Merton work together and Bruce Aldrich and Jimmy DeVaux are a team.

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2023, 08:59:44 PM »
At Monti
Greg and Mike Merton work together and Bruce Aldrich and Jimmy DeVaux are a team.

At least Monticello has more money to get compared to other tracks!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal