Author Topic: Brevin Lupton  (Read 6516 times)

PineHurstPacer

• Top Claimer
Re: Brevin Lupton
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2023, 05:45:43 AM »
The BIGGER question is that Brian in the bike?

If so he's much more at fault and in boiling hot water

a 24 year old isn't doing that without being taught to or at least made to believe it's ok from his boss

If the USTA is trying to lay 100% of the blame on Brevin, that's nothing more than trying to protect Brian.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2023, 05:47:57 AM by PineHurstPacer »

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2023, 07:35:09 AM »
I think maybe the horse needed to be line driven another day ???

PineHurstPacer

• Top Claimer
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2023, 07:48:53 AM »
after watching the video again

it's possibly someone who does track maintenance taking the video

individual filming appears to be in a tractor or similar that is idling. 

brownmoose13

• Top Claimer
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2023, 09:10:29 AM »
2 things I was told...that it was a lady in a car who took the video on her phone and yes it is Brown

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2023, 09:13:41 AM »
I am going to chime in with something that is going to be "unpopular" with some. Anyway, I watched the video 4 times including zoomed and slow motion. I know next to nothing about breaking babies, but logic tells me the "line guys" seemed inexperienced and were out of position. But hey, every one has to learn.

Once the horse throws himself to the ground, the kid coming up and kicking him is DEAD WRONG. Whether he was "taught" to or told to or he he just acted out of frustration. I think most on here will acknowledge that one sole kick like that probably caused no serious injury,, but still, he is DEAD WRONG to do so and you are teaching the horse nothing but to fear you and the whole process.

Now, when you see the fat guy jump off ( Brian Brown, we are told ), he goes to the prone horse and start to "lay the whip" on him in what looks like a foolish, amateurish effort to "snap the horse to his feet". If you don't like that description, I am sorry.

But, I am asking fellow horseman does it really look like he is striking the horse's side with fury and full force? Look at the "cadence" of his arm swing and the speed and the way he is holding the whip. It looks terrible and accomplishes nothing, but it doesn't come off at least to me like there is intense fury or intent to injure there. The blows Dale Hiteman rained down seemed worse, especially when he went near the filly's head and neck with the whip.

Sad, that as these videos surface, you know on a percentage basis, we are seeing only a minute fraction of what goes on.

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2023, 09:40:48 AM »
I think maybe the horse needed to be line driven another day ???
I would say you’re right. Still has the hip numbers on so I’m guessing they wasted no time putting it in the cart

shotgunner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2023, 09:42:43 AM »
I am going to chime in with something that is going to be "unpopular" with some. Anyway, I watched the video 4 times including zoomed and slow motion. I know next to nothing about breaking babies, but logic tells me the "line guys" seemed inexperienced and were out of position. But hey, every one has to learn.

Once the horse throws himself to the ground, the kid coming up and kicking him is DEAD WRONG. Whether he was "taught" to or told to or he he just acted out of frustration. I think most on here will acknowledge that one sole kick like that probably caused no serious injury,, but still, he is DEAD WRONG to do so and you are teaching the horse nothing but to fear you and the whole process.

Now, when you see the fat guy jump off ( Brian Brown, we are told ), he goes to the prone horse and start to "lay the whip" on him in what looks like a foolish, amateurish effort to "snap the horse to his feet". If you don't like that description, I am sorry.

But, I am asking fellow horseman does it really look like he is striking the horse's side with fury and full force? Look at the "cadence" of his arm swing and the speed and the way he is holding the whip. It looks terrible and accomplishes nothing, but it doesn't come off at least to me like there is intense fury or intent to injure there. The blows Dale Hiteman rained down seemed worse, especially when he went near the filly's head and neck with the whip.

Sad, that as these videos surface, you know on a percentage basis, we are seeing only a minute fraction of what goes on.

I had nearly the same Take honestly. The guys third lining did a shit job and he kicked the horse out of anger not to prevent injury to himself or the horse. Might have made a bad situation worse actually.

okdfool

• Open / FFA
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2023, 09:57:55 AM »
I would say you’re right. Still has the hip numbers on so I’m guessing they wasted no time putting it in the cart

The other line guy, with the beard is extremely experienced and did just as he should, he shares non if the blame in this, if you think the kid did not do exactly as he was told, you're wrong!

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2023, 09:59:51 AM »
 tmbz1

moelarrythecheese

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2023, 11:42:46 AM »
Team effort

She Dont Know

• 4 claimer
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2023, 12:04:04 PM »
I do not believe Brevin was told to do this. I know he is a hot head and acted on his own. I also know trainers carry a whip for a reason and this is one reason. The trainer did the right thing by TAPPING the horse to get up. Yes, Brevin should be suspended, but Brian did nothing wrong.

remington

• Open / FFA
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2023, 12:08:56 PM »
Hey Fug I agree with you.

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2023, 12:09:10 PM »
I do not believe Brevin was told to do this. I know he is a hot head and acted on his own. I also know trainers carry a whip for a reason and this is one reason. The trainer did the right thing by TAPPING the horse to get up. Yes, Brevin should be suspended, but Brian did nothing wrong.

If Brown was sitting right there, I feel this falls under trainer responsibility.  He wouldn't have done anything to the kid if this video was never a thing.  The "kid" is 24, you don't know it's wrong to kick a horse in the head?  The "kid" is gone and should be.  Brown should have something coming his way too!

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2023, 12:33:39 PM »
The kid kicked the horse 1 time then backed fight out of the way. If that was BB in the cart I’m going to guess he said something to him to get him to immediately back away

She Dont Know

• 4 claimer
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2023, 12:41:19 PM »
Brian should not be held responsible for someone else's actions.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Oh the agony of these little pustules
    May 07, 2024, 09:09:09 AM
  • Indian24: Herpes can be treated but will always be with you  ngc3
    May 06, 2024, 10:11:57 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Where in the world did this rash come from?
    May 06, 2024, 03:02:53 PM
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal