Author Topic: HONEST DRIVERS  (Read 3495 times)

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
Re: HONEST DRIVERS
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2023, 12:03:46 PM »
I miss the old days when most of the drivers hated each other, or at least were not friends.
Those where the days when it was man against man and clique against clique! Something as petty as a parking dispute in the backstretch could and would affect the outcome of a race. Guys going to the stick to close holes and prevent others from clearing added unexpected strategies to races! The new regime of drivers has turned the sport into golf on a sulky!

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2023, 01:18:09 PM »
From the srart of his career, Ray never gave a shit what anybody thought. He did it his way, he was the hardest working man in racing. He drove his own rig, warmed up his own horses, drove them and shipped back home. Didn't matter where, he also had good help and good partners, wouldn't call them owners. Paul was the partner not jst an employee. You can say what you want about Douse, he was a working machine when he worked there, Ray never took shit from anybody.   

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2023, 03:17:16 PM »
From the srart of his career, Ray never gave a shit what anybody thought. He did it his way, he was the hardest working man in racing. He drove his own rig, warmed up his own horses, drove them and shipped back home. Didn't matter where, he also had good help and good partners, wouldn't call them owners. Paul was the partner not jst an employee. You can say what you want about Douse, he was a working machine when he worked there, Ray never took shit from anybody.
Agreed! Honest people generally conduct themselves this way. I will always believe he has been a very honest and forthright driver and horseman.

Indian24

• NW-1
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2023, 04:12:32 PM »
Buddy Gilmour worst driver in history on favorites. It pissed him off to be the favorite. he would constantly look at the board including at the start if he could see it. Dumped faves even if he had no other interest in the race. buudy had this really nice guy owner who off and on had a couple with me. Guy had cash and was very generous. Buddy would tell him to bet, the guy would and then Buddy would run all over his money. I once gather the courage to ask him why he treated "so and so'  so badly. His response , "Because so and so bets with both hands, He never leaves anything for anyone else, so FUCK HIM!" saw this happen over and over.
Haha that's fucked up and funny at the same time. I can see both sides here.

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2023, 07:09:17 PM »
In the old days the comment above was not true as " enveloped" drivers listened to the bagman.

Nowadays, since purses are higher and there are fewer fixed races, the game is about classification. If an owners or trainer is looking for class relief to get into a winning spot " by losing", their driver will listen.
I totally disagree. These sons of a bitches today all want to win and go full throttle every quarter every race. Only way a driver will listen to trainer/owner and keep a horses classified is it’s burke or Erv or a big stable. And even then these guys just want to win win win. At Hoosier there couldn’t be more of a bunch of no talent fucks who are clueless as how to take it easy on one.
Johnny Johnson fucked up Chicago harness racing. I hope you die !!!!

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2023, 08:48:44 PM »
Honest Drivers is an oxymoron !!!! ngc3

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2023, 10:36:44 PM »
I totally disagree. These sons of a bitches today all want to win and go full throttle every quarter every race. Only way a driver will listen to trainer/owner and keep a horses classified is it’s burke or Erv or a big stable. And even then these guys just want to win win win. At Hoosier there couldn’t be more of a bunch of no talent fucks who are clueless as how to take it easy on one.

So what are you saying?? The Hoosier drivers drive for the people betting the race instead of the trainers

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    Today at 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    Today at 12:12:11 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes it still offers that same cool sensation.
    Today at 09:49:40 AM
  • SwankToliverA: Rooster- ppl still use Noxzema?
    May 11, 2024, 03:34:17 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Oh the agony of these little pustules
    May 07, 2024, 09:09:09 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal