Author Topic: only in maine  (Read 11657 times)

Capt Lou

• Stakes Horse
Re: only in maine
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2021, 08:01:53 AM »
Maine has a rule to let judges get licensed in Maine as a judge without taking any tests   That’s why some are working and have zero credibility. That’s the commission being lazy    they let one owner race 17 times before anyone noticed he wasn’t licensed but he got the checks   I just saying it is not fair to the people who pay for licenses and when you do you expect to be held to the level playing field that’s   When people appeal a call the the person isn’t licensed what recourse do you have fine them or suspend them you can’t they don’t have a license so you have no
Leverage. There is your integrity. You won’t be mad until it happens to you when you seek relief from the commission and they can’t enforce anything. If you have judges that don’t/ can’t call anything it looks good at the end cause no one had any  calls   The commission says at the end of the year it was great   No problems. Thats why you have zero positive tests   You don’t test or when you do you deal them away to cover them up.  Looks like the commission is doing their job …

Wendall Tilley

• Open / FFA
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2021, 08:40:37 AM »
Cant disagree with you on some points Lou.The commision has been weak for years and yes its very frustrating for all.For the most part the judges are old retired people with bad eyesight Hard to recruit young people when the old greedy people wont step aside to give them a chance.Thats how we got where we are now and i dont see it changing.

Capt Lou

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2021, 08:46:11 AM »
Exactly.  That’s why I said there are fully certified judges sitting on the sidelines   Not working      Just take the easy road   I have heard “ that’s to big for me , I don’t want to get involved” out of a judges mouth    There ya go

eyeinthesky

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2021, 05:07:52 PM »
Exactly.  That’s why I said there are fully certified judges sitting on the sidelines   Not working     

I saw someone elses post on same subject

Who are the judges working Windsor...and which ones are not licensed ?

Good JUDGES  NOT working ??

I saw the post naming Dubreuill........ .a good paddock judge
Sawyer         experience as a Race Secretary and Associate judge...other than filling in, where was he a PJ

and Dumphy          not even a good starter.......... .....but he always helped the handle when he worked Scarborough Downs

Capt Lou

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2021, 06:41:52 PM »
Good judges do their job and are fair in what they do they make it level for all   Therefore there are always happy people in a day and sad people in a day   Good judges hide so as to not hurt anyone’s feelings   You even had a driver at Windsor drive with out a licence   I don’t know who cleared the program. But they missed that

Capt Lou

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2021, 07:27:29 PM »
The point has been made but nothing will change so it is a waste of time to talk about it. People put their horses in and get what  they get

Wendall Tilley

• Open / FFA
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2021, 08:10:42 PM »
Im racking my brain as to who the judges sitting on the sideline are.Please post names because an upcoming fair asked me to give them a reccomendation and Im drawing a blank.Thanks.

Capt Lou

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2021, 08:13:40 PM »
They are supposed to check with the commission for the list. That’s how it supposed to go 

Racing Troll

• Open / FFA
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2021, 08:22:01 PM »
AINT WALTER CASE SOON TO BE A JUDGE?
 THEY SAY NO TALENT HORSEMEN WHO HAVE LOST IT BECOME JUDGES

tumbleweed

• Open / FFA
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2021, 08:24:24 PM »
If you think Walter Case had no talent you are worse than i ever thought!

Wendall Tilley

• Open / FFA
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2021, 08:40:22 PM »
The commission has no list. They cant even get licences done.

Capt Lou

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2021, 08:54:18 PM »
Exactly.

oldjohn123

• 4 claimer
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2021, 10:28:46 PM »
Training and certification is what makes them capable    Unlicensed judges are just that not capable.  Judges may be able to do the job. But prove it by taking and passing the tests and then PAY for a license you deserve. It is not fair for a person that doesn’t even have a licence to correct someone who does.  Judges should be held to a higher standard
My program PJ Dumphe associate Merrill and Timmons Isn't that the Cummby crew? And who is unlicensed?

oldjohn123

• 4 claimer
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2021, 11:40:04 PM »
The commission has no list. They cant even get licences done.
Wendall you coming back to judge? You once told me I did not hear anything?

Wendall Tilley

• Open / FFA
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2021, 08:50:55 AM »
John I told you I cant see or hear ! LOL Maybe I could be a judge after all !

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal