Author Topic: only in maine  (Read 11659 times)

chief yogi

• Stakes Horse
only in maine
« on: August 24, 2021, 09:25:29 PM »
in my many years at the track i have seen a lot. today i saw something new.  union fair presiding judge  charlene cushing.  race 8 number 2 owner charlene cushing.  thats after 3 other horses raced today with trainer last being listed as her.
   i know other judges have had horses racing but not under their own name at places they are judging.  not judging people here.  just the fact that the state is ok with this?  this just does not look good.
  i think allowing an owner to have two in the same race uncoupled was bad but this?
no wonder racing is just fading away.  i dont think integrity on this decision.

oldjohn123

• 4 claimer
Re: only in maine
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 10:21:51 PM »
in my many years at the track i have seen a lot. today i saw something new.  union fair presiding judge  charlene cushing.  race 8 number 2 owner charlene cushing.  thats after 3 other horses raced today with trainer last being listed as her.
   i know other judges have had horses racing but not under their own name at places they are judging.  not judging people here.  just the fact that the state is ok with this?  this just does not look good.
  i think allowing an owner to have two in the same race uncoupled was bad but this?
no wonder racing is just fading away.  i dont think integrity on this decision.
Union could not find a JP so is working and doing this to help out.

the double

• 4 claimer
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 11:17:52 PM »
another maine joke

Capt Lou

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2021, 06:01:20 AM »
There were 5 FULLY licensed presiding judges that are sitting out and not asked   she is not licensed as pj with Usta. So that is no excuse

cornishcommish

• Open / FFA
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2021, 07:32:59 AM »
We were lucky that Sherry is a licensed judge, and was willing fill a void and work the Union Meet. Being intelligent, she no doubt excused herself from "judging or commenting" on races where she had  an interest, either training or owning a horse. This is in the rules.

Would you want to work the Union meet in a judges stand that had to be close to 100 degrees...and never has any ventilation  ?

Did the judges make any rulings on races she was vested in ?????? or did they fail to make a call in these races  ?

Find something else to bitch about.  I didn't hear or read about you guys eating your words when Cumberland DID open , and ran a successful meeting.

Already you are approaching 100 Maine race days...when 6 months ago the outlook was ZERO

Capt Lou

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2021, 07:48:17 AM »
You can defend any thing you want anyway you want in till your the one on the other side of a call OR non call   Whatever makes you go to sleep at night.   And no one one else was asked so don’t say she was the only one cause she wasn’t   Nothing personal but facts are facts   Thank you

London

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2021, 08:28:48 AM »
As long as it wasn't the gosht of bobby sumner

chief yogi

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2021, 09:28:44 AM »
cumberland ran a meet but i wouldnt call it sucessfull.

Mbdreamer

• Open / FFA
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2021, 11:08:15 AM »
cumberland ran a meet but i wouldnt call it sucessfull.
Certainly it was more successful than recent years at Scar—signal out, better handle, etc.   I’m setting the bar too low, perhaps,  but in that it allowed the industry a few months of action, I would call it successful.  Honest question: why do you chose not to call it successful?

Wawajones

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2021, 12:10:50 PM »
The Cumberland meet was definitely an improvement.

Mr.Turnpike

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2021, 06:40:49 PM »
Isn’t she also the out rider

dukeman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2021, 09:17:46 PM »
MIKE CUSHING IS INFLUENTIAL IN MAINE. I REMEMBER MS. URQUIDEZ FROM MANY YEARS AGO AT MONTI
“If wishes were horses, beggars would ride”

the double

• 4 claimer
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2021, 07:22:06 PM »
mike shing, the cornish commish defends

chief yogi

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2021, 09:08:31 PM »
my thinking on cumberland not being a sucess comes from the fact its just scarborough north with some off track handle.  nothing was done that would encourage anyone to come out to the races. same 50 people there every day. the feeling was similar to the downs as if there were no hope for a future. took them all day to run a race card. i said from the start that cumberland was a new beginging and it turned into the downs.  the track itself was in great shape and the race department did a good job. so im not all down but i hoped for more i guess.

oldjohn123

• 4 claimer
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2021, 10:53:13 PM »
There were 5 FULLY licensed presiding judges that are sitting out and not asked   she is not licensed as pj with Usta. So that is no excuse
Is Frank Hall still a PJ? Dana D did not want it, Shane Bacon still around? Who else is there?

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal