Author Topic: Mohawk Analysts  (Read 5767 times)

Partywiththebigdog

• NW-1
Mohawk Analysts
« on: July 09, 2018, 12:13:51 AM »
Most followed Mohawk print analysts are Mike Hamilton and Garnet Barnsdale, but they don’t work very hard to inform their readers.  How rapidly do they analyze a card?  For example, tomorrow night there is an OSS Gold race for 2 year old fillies (Race 3).  Moreau has the rail with a first time starter (Arielle Hanover) owned by Gestion Blais, a prominent owner.  Roy qualified the horse twice and very rarely refuses a Moreau assignment.  However, in this race he declines the Moreau horse to drive an out-of-town horse trained by Kevin Lare (Medici Hanover). The Lare horse is listed as 8-1 by the track oddsmaker.  Now Hamilton mentions 4 of the 8 horses in the race, but not the Lare horse.  Barnsdale likewise mentions 4 horses, excluding the Lare horse.  Do both of them think Roy dissed a Moreau drive for a prominent owner to drive a horse for Lare in a significant race, without a very strong possibility such horse will be able to obtain a top 4 finish in this race?  Neither even mentions this rare occurrence of Roy rejecting a Moreau entry. 

Powerful Patricks Ghost

Re: Mohawk Analysts
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 01:45:49 AM »
Roy is on both Lare horses. Perhaps Chick paid him?

mwins

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 07:16:25 AM »
That was the biggest thing I saw when looking at the card.
Usually Roy only bails for a significantly better horse...or an Allard horse.

Powerful Patricks Ghost

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 01:51:41 PM »
The lines on those Lare horses are way better than the fields they're in.

In race 5 SKYHIGH AMBITION left well off the gate, sat in behind two heavy favorites, loaded with pace in third, Teague got locked, pulls at top of stretch and really didn't even urge until final few yards. Top finishers in that race already raced back in PA Sire Stakes finishing 2nd and 4th. Finished 1:53.4 first out which at Harrahs isn't overly fast. Probably could knock that done to 1:50.4 if on full tilt. Breeding nothing special but staked all over.

In race 3 MEDICI HANOVER the filly qualified 6/20 with the winner being Serena Said. Serena Said ran 4th in the race SkyHigh Ambition was in-that went 53:4. Both qs had Lare in the bike. This one is out of same mare as Meirs Hanover who I believe won first out at Mohawk.

I gotta agree with Partywiththebigdo g that it's bizarre that they skipped over this one. Hamilton top pick is the 4 with driver going from Filion to Roger Mayotte? Problem is I don't think either of these pieces are going to be anywhere near morning line. Hell, I could see both going off as the favorites.

Powerful Patricks Ghost

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 02:18:49 PM »
If they even race.  Never heard of an trainer being listed when he’s not even allowed in the country.  Guess he could apply for refugee status   ngc3 ngc3

How do you know he's not allowed in Canada? Is he a convicted felon?

Rabbi Of Racing

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 02:26:35 PM »
To funny how some of you analyze all this,none of what you concocted means a hill of beans,ALL the races are pre detrmined

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 08:14:28 PM »
yes in race 3 it does seem odd but the moreau horse does not look like much and roy drove him in 2 qualifiers
yes the 3 does look okay but so do 2,4,5,6
also of interest in this race is the fact jmac turns down a drive on the 6 from a trainer and owner he drives a fair bit for to take the 2 for a reasonably small trainer
as for race 5 yes the 3 is in the mix with the 1 and 8 so no issue there

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2018, 08:32:57 PM »
Sharp notes on Medici.  Horse ran very well at 15/1.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2018, 10:00:42 PM »
another classic
rozma just said welcome back to travis cullen after he won the seventh race
made it like he had been out with a injury or sick
the guy was suspended  for drugging horses
these shills are too much

Powerful Patricks Ghost

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2018, 06:11:44 AM »
Notice Roy drove these like they were good. Pulled with both and did not trip out--both game to wire. If he works out any trip both are winners. A shame because the prices will never be as good as they were last night (and here I thought they might be favorites).

rocketman

• Top Claimer
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2018, 07:26:35 AM »
Give it a rest. Rozema, Portuondo and the crew do a nice job. You try sitting in front of the camera half the night and see how well you do.
 Nobody's perfect, but as far as TV presentation goes for racing, I rate theirs first class.

Powerful Patricks Ghost

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2018, 08:53:23 AM »
Give it a rest. Rozema, Portuondo and the crew do a nice job. You try sitting in front of the camera half the night and see how well you do.
 Nobody's perfect, but as far as TV presentation goes for racing, I rate theirs first class.

I Think his point was more about sweeping animal abuse under the rug and welcoming back druggers with open arms than presentation?

Powerful Patricks Ghost

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2018, 12:51:30 PM »
The first to get a positive  disgusting  ngc3

Ignoring that's why he was gone is. Just another notch on the countdown to the death of this sport. Laugh now when in the not too distant future the sport will be either banned or racing for trophies and $0 dollar purses

Powerful Patricks Ghost

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2018, 03:05:46 PM »
I care why ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 news flash the game is already dead 73cv.2 your going to blame it on some guys from Canada

Nope but they can at least try, can't they?

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2018, 07:55:19 PM »
correct ghost
glad somebody could follow along
was not commenting on the overall job they do but the specific comment about cullen

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes it still offers that same cool sensation.
    May 12, 2024, 09:49:40 AM
  • SwankToliverA: Rooster- ppl still use Noxzema?
    May 11, 2024, 03:34:17 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Oh the agony of these little pustules
    May 07, 2024, 09:09:09 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal