Author Topic: Mitigating Circumstances  (Read 1803 times)

shotgunner

• Stakes Horse
Mitigating Circumstances
« on: September 08, 2023, 03:59:42 PM »
I get that sometimes things happen and you get rung up on a BS positive, but how you gonna let a guy  get the same positive twice and let him race the whole year and never give him days? Positives 3 months apart both given reduced penalties due to mitigating circumstances. Hell I get giving him a pass on the first one it the second you gotta bump the penalty a bit right? Says in the damn report they’re basically fining him for trainer responsibility.

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
Re: Mitigating Circumstances
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2023, 05:15:37 PM »
Hey SG who are you talking about?

shotgunner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2023, 05:43:32 PM »
Hey SG who are you talking about?
Dirk Simpson, at The Meadows. In todays rulings from January and May.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2023, 08:26:51 PM »
I have always found Pa. to be the most lenient State racing Comm.  Any opinions ?

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2023, 08:39:06 PM »
Ago no further than Pocono Downs in PA who let trainers like Rene Allard run rampant drugging his horses for many years. The betting public isn’t stupid. They know how incredibly lax PA has been and it shows with their pathetically low betting handles to this day.

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2023, 08:45:49 PM »
I have always found Pa. to be the most lenient State racing Comm.  Any opinions ?

I stopped playing for that reason. Doesnt seem any rules.

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2023, 08:47:24 PM »
That’s one our major problems in this industry. The circumstances should be you got a positive here’s the penalty. The penalty should be for the drug not the trainer who got it. I don’t care if the groom who takes the medication took it before he put the horses tongue tie on. It’s the trainer’s responsibility, like in any business, to know it their employees are taking medication that can cause a positive.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2023, 09:52:32 PM »
That’s one our major problems in this industry. The circumstances should be you got a positive here’s the penalty. The penalty should be for the drug not the trainer who got it. I don’t care if the groom who takes the medication took it before he put the horses tongue tie on. It’s the trainer’s responsibility, like in any business, to know it their employees are taking medication that can cause a positive.
Agreed. I used to think, well if someone who doesn't like me goes into my horse's stall and ribs clenbuterol all over his feed tub at 4 am, how is it my fault? I was home asleep. But the logic of the trainer's responsibility rule makes sense. Someone must be held accountable, or there will be no accountability at all. You do then right things, try not to hurt others, take the best care of your horses you know how and hope for the best...

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2023, 10:00:01 PM »
tmbz1

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2023, 10:06:34 PM »
You can delegate authority but you can’t delegate responsibility…

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2023, 10:11:38 PM »
The guy was a joke in Illinois and his son was even worse. They have the Allard edge as it’s just a matter of time since Nicky started talking the Chicago guys are gonna start going down. Andy, Julie, Erv, Marcus, and Brandon and dirk, and Timmy and Trace. They are all lumped in together as cheating has run rampant. Only thing is they really don’t want to bust Timmy because he is really only bright spot in harness racing.
Johnny Johnson fucked up Chicago harness racing. I hope you die !!!!

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2023, 10:24:50 PM »
You can delegate authority but you can’t delegate responsibility…
oooh, good one

hoosierboy

• Elite
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2023, 11:30:02 PM »
He will be trading for Howard Taylor soon

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2023, 11:46:41 AM »

The trainer is the Captain of the Ship. The end all should be on the trainer.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2023, 01:57:38 PM »
Absolutely!  Someone has to assume ultimate responsibility..w ho else, logically, but the trainer.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal