Author Topic: Gareth Dowse - Snichters 2nd  (Read 53945 times)

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
Re: Gareth Dowse - Snichters 2nd
« Reply #135 on: July 17, 2019, 03:40:09 PM »
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

NJ The best

• Elite
« Reply #136 on: July 17, 2019, 06:57:27 PM »
Dispersal obviously

hoosierboy

• Elite
« Reply #137 on: July 17, 2019, 09:41:21 PM »
Amazing Josh Marks was tossed in 2011.... yet he remains everyone’s “ go to “ guy and is one of the most important connected men in the business. Maybe they should let him back in since he seems to running the show for several large operations.

Good point

DeeJennerit

• Top Claimer
« Reply #138 on: July 18, 2019, 09:41:40 AM »
Yeah, Josh Marks is a real bad guy to have in the game. He wants to win every race he's in, it's never a guessing game for the gambling public. He puts his money where his mouth is at the windows and increases handle. Terrible guy. The bearding that is well known and the perception issue with it is much better for the industry.

Marks' lot is as bad as Hollendorfer's on the thoroughbred side. You tree-hugger purists will raise the issue of positive tests and his behavioral issues caused by his mental illness, but if those are the two measuring sticks by which we allow or disallow people in the sport, there wouldn't be many with licenses.  I'm all for licensing him. Hit him hard when the positive tests and other infractions come. Otherwise, go nuts (no pun intended) Josh! We need more people that want to win, that are competitive, passionate, obsessed and like to bet.

cornishcommish

• Open / FFA
« Reply #139 on: July 18, 2019, 10:21:15 AM »
Dear DeeJennerate

I was very amused by your post.....especial ly the statement
"He wants to win every race he's in"

My quote would be ...…."he wants to win every race HE BETS"...……….he is good for the mutuels !  I agree.   He is not a good loser

His horses do not last long...…..lucky to be still racing after 2 years.

And you spoke of "positive tests"................. ..........

Based on your comments......you better make sure YOU don't get tested. You must be on drugs.

Josh Marks is NOT good for the business.     He is not even good for himself. What a waste of a life !

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #140 on: July 18, 2019, 10:36:16 AM »
cornishcomish tmbz1

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #141 on: July 18, 2019, 10:46:38 AM »
Yeah, Josh Marks is a real bad guy to have in the game. He wants to win every race he's in, it's never a guessing game for the gambling public. He puts his money where his mouth is at the windows and increases handle. Terrible guy. The bearding that is well known and the perception issue with it is much better for the industry.

Marks' lot is as bad as Hollendorfer's on the thoroughbred side. You tree-hugger purists will raise the issue of positive tests and his behavioral issues caused by his mental illness, but if those are the two measuring sticks by which we allow or disallow people in the sport, there wouldn't be many with licenses.  I'm all for licensing him. Hit him hard when the positive tests and other infractions come. Otherwise, go nuts (no pun intended) Josh! We need more people that want to win, that are competitive, passionate, obsessed and like to bet.

A positive test seems to be your only standard of character. All other behaviors are acceptable? More people have been denied a license for not meeting the standards of morals than those with a history of positives.

Papillon

• Open / FFA
« Reply #142 on: July 18, 2019, 10:53:47 AM »
He was tossed only on paper, the reality is he seems to be the main man for several large well known operations... he’s never been more heavily involved in the business. Sad fact is harness racing is dying a slow death and they need horses and “ helpers” like Marks to help slow the bleeding of a wounded business overall.

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #143 on: July 18, 2019, 11:27:02 AM »
The man was barred from participating on any level 7 years ago. In that time, what has he done to correct the behavior that got him in this situation? It looks like he doubled on the same crap that got him tossed. 

JL52

• Open / FFA
« Reply #144 on: July 18, 2019, 12:22:39 PM »
High profile owners seemed to have had no reservations about having Marks handle their horses. What does that say about them? Especially those that yanked stock away from Hall of Fame types to give to a known beard. Truly disgusting.

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #145 on: July 18, 2019, 12:33:48 PM »
High profile owners seemed to have had no reservations about having Marks handle their horses. What does that say about them? Especially those that yanked stock away from Hall of Fame types to give to a known beard. Truly disgusting.
tmbz1 tmbz1

batavia24

• Open / FFA
« Reply #146 on: July 18, 2019, 12:48:14 PM »
Marks is 1000x worse than Hollendorfer Get a clue

DeeJennerit

• Top Claimer
« Reply #147 on: July 18, 2019, 01:44:43 PM »
Dear DeeJennerate

I was very amused by your post.....especial ly the statement
"He wants to win every race he's in"

My quote would be ...…."he wants to win every race HE BETS"...……….he is good for the mutuels !  I agree.   He is not a good loser

His horses do not last long...…..lucky to be still racing after 2 years.

And you spoke of "positive tests"................. ..........

Based on your comments......you better make sure YOU don't get tested. You must be on drugs.

Josh Marks is NOT good for the business.     He is not even good for himself. What a waste of a life !

So, so, so many statements on this forum are generated by perception only. Waste of a life? I bet he likes his life just fine. I bet the people that matter to him don't consider him a waste of a life. Why waste of a life? I'm curious...

DeeJennerit

• Top Claimer
« Reply #148 on: July 18, 2019, 01:47:39 PM »
agree 100 %.... he is a reason this "sport" swirls the toilet every day.

Sorry, but he's not.

It swirls in the toilet everyday because of poor governance, public perception issues with stiffing, eat-your-young mentalities of the majority of the participants (mentalities which are also particularly prevalent on this forum) and an overall lack of regard for the bettor. When it comes to Josh Marks and beards in general, one falls into one of two categories: those chronics like us who know about it and bet accordingly and those who don't and those folks don't know the difference and don't really move the dial on handle or the sport in general anyway.

DeeJennerit

• Top Claimer
« Reply #149 on: July 18, 2019, 01:50:00 PM »
Marks is 1000x worse than Hollendorfer Get a clue

Why? Because you say so? Come with some facts, not just your opinion. Everyone's got one of those. Hollendorfer's had multiple, multiple positive tests, has broken the rules, cheated, had horses die, horses that crash when they go to a non-Hollendorfer trainer. How's he any better than Josh Marks? Because he isn't loud or bi-polar? Please explain. I'll agree if you can convince me, but I just don't feel like they're that different in terms of their racing resumes.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal