Author Topic: Inquiring minds want to know  (Read 4743 times)

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
Re: Inquiring minds want to know
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2023, 11:23:49 PM »
O'brien was amazing. Did you know his stepson Stan?

Bayless ran a tight ship and always had a meticulous barn -- every year a beautiful display right by the stable gate and the parking lot at Los Alamitos. He could train and drive one too.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2023, 11:47:06 PM »
Bayless ran a tight ship and always had a meticulous barn -- every year a beautiful display right by the stable gate and the parking lot at Los Alamitos. He could train and drive one too.
I used to talk to Mike Gagliardi about his Cali days. He told me Stan was a very underated driver.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2023, 12:23:24 AM »
I used to talk to Mike Gagliardi about his Cali days. He told me Stan was a very underated driver.
Gags had such talent. Too much gambling and then fucking cancer gets him so young. HOF talent.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2023, 12:41:31 AM »
Gags had such talent. Too much gambling and then fucking cancer gets him so young. HOF talent.
Are you sure he is dead?

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2023, 07:51:53 AM »
Are you sure he is dead?

Yep he's dead. I was stabled in the same barn as Gags the first year the Meadowlands opened. Me and another guy had six horses for an absentee trainer. I would hang around after the noon feed pretending to clean equipment just to see the parade of Caddys and Lincolns pull up. I believe Gag's sister was married to a captain in one of the families. She ended up in witness protection and if memory serves me correct so did Gags -- at least that's what I was told years later. Very nice friendly guy -- let me use his big bike for a wide gaited trotter.

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2023, 07:56:19 AM »
He came out of witness protection before he died and walked rt into the paddock at Freehold one day. His brother n law , if you followed the trial beat a guy to death in the garage at their farm in NJ . Mike G was one of the best at getting the money and never went back on his word.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2023, 07:58:04 AM »
Are you sure he is dead?
LIke the Rabbit said he came out of protection and passed away within a year from cancer. Guess he felt like his safety didnt matter once he was dying anyway. I knew nothing about the incident with his brother.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2023, 07:59:35 AM »
Sorry, brother in law tmbz1

comeonman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2023, 08:03:25 AM »
ray guente worked for mike.......horolo gy... good times

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2023, 08:06:18 AM »
He came out of witness protection before he died and walked rt into the paddock at Freehold one day. His brother n law , if you followed the trial beat a guy to death in the garage at their farm in NJ . Mike G was one of the best at getting the money and never went back on his word.

Happy to see my memory still functions. After a month or two he asked me to run an occasional bet -- worked out fine. Thanks for the update Rabbit.

dinkadoo

• Elite
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2023, 08:14:11 AM »
I thought this was a topic about It's my show ???

I have seen a lot of Plop topics go off the rails, usually someone accusing another of living in mom's basement betting $2 and blowing a guy.......

But reading the responses, how did we get to talking about Liberty Bell Park handle ?   73cv.2

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2023, 08:21:13 AM »

I have seen a lot of Plop topics go off the rails, usually someone accusing another of living in mom's basement betting $2 and blowing a guy.......

But reading the responses, how did we get to talking about Liberty Bell Park handle ?   73cv.2

You just describe the Senator
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2023, 09:54:22 AM »

I know, LOL   i was just wondering what the deal was with IMS but we got here   LOL

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2023, 11:20:28 AM »
This entire thread gives "derailed" a entirely new meaning!! This topic seemed cut and clear in the beginning but when the dementia patient jumped in,it went off the rails like an Amtrak crossing the river! Time for a break! 91zca.1 53zva.1 91zca.1 53zva.1

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2023, 11:22:15 AM »
This entire thread gives "derailed" a entirely new meaning!! This topic seemed cut and clear in the beginning but when the dementia patient jumped in,it went off the rails like an Amtrak crossing the river! Time for a break! 91zca.1 53zva.1 91zca.1 53zva.1
Like a meandering river...kinda fun to see where it leads. ;D

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Oh the agony of these little pustules
    May 07, 2024, 09:09:09 AM
  • Indian24: Herpes can be treated but will always be with you  ngc3
    May 06, 2024, 10:11:57 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Where in the world did this rash come from?
    May 06, 2024, 03:02:53 PM
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal